News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Is this for real? A bat winged Dinosaur!!!

Started by Alex-DinoFood, April 29, 2015, 06:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

So 24 inches.   Thats small enough for my 1:12 line.   Now to wait it out to see if everything in 100% legit

Shadowknight1

Dinosaurs truly were some of the strangest creatures to roam the planet.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Balaur

That is so weird! What's next? A whale like spinsoaur?  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

When they find a similar species that is T-Rex sized ..yep dragons are real.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2015, 03:44:00 AM
I still think sometimes that perhaps ancient fossil finds may have inspired the myths of dragons.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 30, 2015, 03:50:30 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2015, 03:44:00 AM
I still think sometimes that perhaps ancient fossil finds may have inspired the myths of dragons.

Oh no doubt... "dragon" bones were often collected in Asia and powdered to make different folk remedies.

tanystropheus

Perhaps, it really did inspire the mythical concept of the Chinese Dragon?  >:D  Any cryptid reports of 'bat-winged dinosaurs' in China?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 30, 2015, 12:59:57 AM
Dinosaurs truly were some of the strangest creatures to roam the planet.

Regardless of scientific nomenclature/classification, dinosaurs were more or less 'monsters'. For a case in point, check out Therizinosaurus.

CityRaptor

Depending on the definition of monster, then yes. Although for them it would be completely normal with us being the monsters.

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 01, 2015, 11:28:18 AM
Perhaps, it really did inspire the mythical concept of the Chinese Dragon?  >:D  Any cryptid reports of 'bat-winged dinosaurs' in China?

Expect this does not look like a Chinese Dragon:

It looks more like a Western Dragon:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleogene Pals

So when there was trouble afoot in the Middle Jurassic, did they throw out the 'bat-dino' signal?

tyrantqueen

More like a wyvern...it just needs a tail stinger :P

suspsy

Quote from: Concavenator on April 29, 2015, 11:02:46 PM
Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2015, 10:54:11 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 29, 2015, 10:11:23 PM
So which company will be the first to make a toy of Yi?

If we were placing bets? CollectA. Anthony Beeson seems to love the new and unusual as challenges. Fortunately, it means it will also be a decent replica.
You have read my mind.And I'll send a request to CollectA for making the insane Yi qi.What a fascinating being.

It would certainly look great done at the same scale as this year's Guidraco.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 01, 2015, 12:41:49 PM
Depending on the definition of monster, then yes. Although for them it would be completely normal with us being the monsters.

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 01, 2015, 11:28:18 AM

Expect this does not look like a Chinese Dragon:

It looks more like a Western Dragon:

Thanks for the correction. The Chinese Dragon looks a bit more like Ogopogo with the addition of limbs...

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

https://app.box.com/s/ycw4k2j3lk3u89ozsrscu01w3bk6us5q

if it was posted before i missed it....but there ya go
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Derek.McManus

:o the world of dinosaurs just gets stranger and stranger...when I was a kid people still thought they lived in swamps!

sauroid

life reconstruction of Yi qi by Emily Willoughby

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Patrx

Brilliant! It's much better than that CGI version that went out with the paper.

suspsy

CollectA may want to hold off on that Yi qi figure for a little longer.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/2015/05/05/yi-qi-is-neat/

Actually, you know what? If they do go ahead and make a winged Yi for 2016, I'd buy it. :)

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on May 05, 2015, 09:59:02 PM
CollectA may want to hold off on that Yi qi figure for a little longer.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/2015/05/05/yi-qi-is-neat/

Actually, you know what? If they do go ahead and make a winged Yi for 2016, I'd buy it. :)
Me too.CollectA themselves told me they think it's very interesting and in their opinion one of the most exciting discoveries.That could be a hint.
I personally think a bat-winged Yi is sensible and accurate.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.