Author Topic: Beautiful Dinosaur mix  (Read 296499 times)

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Guanlong
  • v.1 status and posts: 1442
Re: Beautiful Dinosaur mix
« Reply #1960 on: October 13, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
The Kamuysaurus is easily the highlight of the set  ^-^
Is it possible to remove the figures from their bases?

It's my favourite of the set, too :) . The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
  The "antique bronze" versions can't. They're also made of hard  & stiff plastic while the capsule figures
  are made of softer & bendable material which Kaiyodo has normally been using the last years.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually I'm not the greatest T. rex fan, but meanwhile I have 19 figures made by Kaiyodo alone.
                                              Most of them being mini figures of course. Time to stop? We'l see .......

^-^

~      Kaiyodo ~ Tyrannosaurus rex miniatures      ~

1  The Study Room (2004)      2  The Dinosaur Expo (2005)      3  CapsuleQ Tyrannosaurus set (2013)
                         4   The Dinosaur Expo (2019)      5  CapsuleQ Tyrannosaurus set (2013)      6  Dinotales No.087B (2004)
                       7  Dinotales No.001B (2001)      8  Dinotales No.109B (2006)      9  CapsuleQ The Cretaceous Period (2015)
                              10  CapsuleQ The Great Exhibition of Dinosaur sculpting (2019)      11  The Dinosaur Expo (2016)

v v Don't click the bar to view the full image. Click the pic itself! The original image is sized 1200x900. v v

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:57:26 PM by postsaurischian »

Flaffy

• Silurian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: 中國角龍 Sinoceratops
« Reply #1961 on: October 13, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »
The improvement in sculpting and anatomy is evident between the 2016 expo feathered rex and the newer 2019 one.

It's my favourite of the set, too :) . The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
  The "antique bronze" versions can't. They're also made of hard  & stiff plastic while the capsule figures
  are made of softer & bendable material which Kaiyodo has normally been using the last years.
Thanks.  ^-^
Are the connection pegs inserted into the figure from the base? Or are the pegs on the feet of the figure, and inserted into the base?

CityRaptor

• Pliocene survivor
  • Ornithoscelidaphobia!
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Troodon
  • v.1 status and posts: A silent watcher...
« Reply #1962 on: October 13, 2019, 03:10:11 PM »
That's a lot of Tyrants...and still missing some.

I don't know why, but I want to pet her head and call her a good girl.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

• Jurassic survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Guanlong
  • v.1 status and posts: 1442
« Reply #1963 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:07 PM »
  The official coloured capsule figures can be removed from their bases.
Are the connection pegs inserted into the figure from the base? Or are the pegs on the feet of the figure, and inserted into the base?

The pegs are on the feet of the figure and have to be inserted into the base.

That's a lot of Tyrants...and still missing some.

Which ones?
  (besides the Dinotales series 3 secret vintage figure, colour variants of #5 - 8 + 10 and a skeleton and cheap plastic version of #2)
  I left off the Dinotales and CapsuleQ skeletons & skulls and the Dinoland 100mm figure - they didn't fit in the picture.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:46:46 PM by postsaurischian »