Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)  (Read 1181270 times)

postsaurischian

• Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Guanlong
  • v.1 status and posts: 1442
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #10180 on: July 24, 2018, 10:05:40 PM »
Very nice! I suppose you must have gotten them from Monster House. They wanted to charge $56 to ship them, almost as much as the figures themselves, so I haven't pulled the trigger and am waiting for MiniZoo to stock them.

At least that's why I only ordered these two O:-) .
I know it's crazy, but the figures had grown on me and I couldn't wait.

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: I'm mighty sick of Ty***nosaurus
« Reply #10181 on: July 24, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »
Very nice! I suppose you must have gotten them from Monster House. They wanted to charge $56 to ship them, almost as much as the figures themselves, so I haven't pulled the trigger and am waiting for MiniZoo to stock them.

At least that's why I only ordered these two O:-) .
I know it's crazy, but the figures had grown on me and I couldn't wait.

I definitely understand that impulse. I can enjoy them through your photos in the meantime!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

Roselaar

• Eocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: July 24, 2018, 10:25:03 PM »

^-^   Vitae Zhejiangosaurus & Chilantaisaurus

Very interesting, and very neat figures! Both unique species, I presume?  :)

Jose S.M.

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ceratopsids
« Reply #10183 on: July 24, 2018, 10:49:18 PM »
Nice Vitae figures, I'm sure I will try to get those soon.

PhilSauria

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #10184 on: July 24, 2018, 11:02:43 PM »

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. It's absolutely gorgeous. And even though the materials aren't top-notch, the sculpt is worthy of any collector that has a remote interest in Tyrannosaurus.
I have the Smoke Green variant, and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Even moreso than the beautiful tiger-striped variant.
The joints seem really tight, so I'm probably not going to pivot the articulation points, but I already have it in my favorite standing position, so it's perfect.

It is by far my favorite rex in terms of purely aesthetics.
I've had this guy for about a week now - also very pleased with it. Very stiff joints but some hair dryer action sorted that one out. Mine also now standing quite well. Funny how that jaw articulation feature above the lip looks much more pronounced in photos than when you have the figure right in front of you. This one appealed because I like the slightly heavier set look of this Tyrannosaur and I don't subscribe to the theory of feathers on an animal of that size.
Phil

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10185 on: July 24, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
Vitae dinosaurs are pretty nice. I hope that they arrive to me in normal conditions and they do not indefinitely keep them to me the customs as it happens to me with the dinosaurs of Kaiyodo and Favorite that continue retained by the customs and tributary service from the past 6 of July.

Tylosaurus

• KLM B747-406M PH-BFT "City of Tokyo"
    • View Profile
    • Boeing 747 Community
  • Dinosaur: Rock on & Fly Safe
  • v.1 status and posts: 151
« Reply #10186 on: July 25, 2018, 03:54:44 AM »
Well bought an other one of them Colorata Plushies that big Rexie they had, yeah this guy:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Colorata-Tyrannosaurus-REX-Real-Plush-LL-size-sit-down-series/372377069374

Finally got my Sofa Hug Buddy xD  ;D 8)

Gladly got refunded as this item was discontinued and the sale was mislabeled, ah well happens I guess.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 11:14:13 PM by Tylosaurus Rev.A2 »

mgaguilar

• Beginning the Collection. California, USA.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus rex
« Reply #10187 on: July 25, 2018, 05:05:24 AM »
I'm glad @mgaguilar  you received the tyrannosaurus rex from Kaiyodo (mine unfortunately are still held in customs since last July 6).

How I would like to have these figures in my hands.

I do hope you get him soon @Shonisaurus , and that he will bring as much joy to you as he brought to me! Mine was hovering in Japan customs for awhile, but US customs only took a couple days.
It's very light, as in weight. Much lighter than I expected, but a beautiful sculpt, no doubt.

I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH. It's absolutely gorgeous. And even though the materials aren't top-notch, the sculpt is worthy of any collector that has a remote interest in Tyrannosaurus.
I have the Smoke Green variant, and I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Even moreso than the beautiful tiger-striped variant.
The joints seem really tight, so I'm probably not going to pivot the articulation points, but I already have it in my favorite standing position, so it's perfect.

It is by far my favorite rex in terms of purely aesthetics.
I've had this guy for about a week now - also very pleased with it. Very stiff joints but some hair dryer action sorted that one out. Mine also now standing quite well. Funny how that jaw articulation feature above the lip looks much more pronounced in photos than when you have the figure right in front of you. This one appealed because I like the slightly heavier set look of this Tyrannosaur and I don't subscribe to the theory of feathers on an animal of that size.
Phil

Good to hear, and thanks for the tip @PhilSauria! And it's fascinating how photos do make the joint cap much more pronounced than it actually is.
And I feel very much the same about the sculptor's artistic ownership over the look. It's barrel-chested, well-fed, and enough bulk to make it look believable. Absolutely wonderful decisions.

I would pay money just to see the prototype of this sculpt.

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: July 25, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Fortunately@mgaguilar it seems that at the end of a whopping month of the month, the dinosaurs (tyrannosaurus rex Kaiyodo 2018 three versions) and the dinosaurs and coelacanths, soft model Favorite, will release me. Although little I will enjoy in the best case since I'm going on vacation next July 31.

Roselaar

• Eocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: July 25, 2018, 10:36:54 PM »
Another big JW haul this week, including a Herrerasaurus with poor nomenclature:

Plus the latest Collectasaurs. The Estemmenosuchus and Brontosaurus are true gems!

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: July 25, 2018, 10:53:56 PM »
Pretty set Roselaar of prehistoric animals of Collecta and JW. I'm glad for you.

Every day I like more the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 and it goes without saying that the ceratosaurus, estemmenosuchus and dimetrodon are sublime and very cool.

The miniatures of JW are also the result of a good and complete acquisition. My congratulations, Roselaar.

Jose S.M.

• Permian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Ceratopsids
« Reply #10191 on: July 26, 2018, 01:10:29 AM »
Nice haul Roselaar!

MLMjp

• Ordovician survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10192 on: July 26, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
Those new Vitaes look much better than the first figures by them. The smoother texture looks way better that the rough texture of the Sinraptor and Giganotosaurus.

Time is of the Essence

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Parasaurolophus
« Reply #10193 on: July 26, 2018, 10:32:56 PM »

I finally found these at Meijer. I never thought that I would find them there.

They even had folders and notebooks, which I have been trying to find for a while.

I read about Hobby Lobby’s messy dinosaur section, and wanted to see what it was like. I was surprised to find a Safari Ltd Iguanodon, because I didn’t think they sold those. I'd like to use those trees for something, but I'm not sure what yet.

This came from Ebay. They are Ice Age characters that supposedly came with magazines.

dinotoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Boy, do I hate being right all the time!
    • View Profile
    • The Dinosaur Toy Blog
  • Dinosaur: Rhomaleosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Admin (3,739 posts)
Re: Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)
« Reply #10194 on: July 28, 2018, 12:13:27 AM »
I'm going to draw a line under this Recent Acquisitions topic. It has received over a million views and over ten thousand replies, that's quite an accomplishment! But that's more than enough for a single forum thread - I think 10,000 replies is a reasonable cut off point! So, I'll create a new thread of the same name, and turn this old thread into an archive.  C:-) May the next thread receive 10,000 replies and a million views, also!  :))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:19:21 AM by dinotoyforum »

Bokisaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Carboniferous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Amargasaurus
Re: Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)
« Reply #10195 on: February 04, 2019, 07:19:12 PM »
These guys just arrived after only one week of ordering, not sure how it happened!
Pics of the Amarga in my collection thread if you want to see more of it. I plan to post pics of the Mosasaur and Mamenchi tomorrow if I get some time.
[]