News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blackdanter's Collection - Finally Coming Out Of The Loft.

Started by Blackdanter, December 06, 2023, 04:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackington

Those displays are looking great using the risers and I love the mix of old and new.

What make is that pink Moschops (?), third shelf down in picture 1?

Blackdanter

Quote from: Crackington on March 29, 2024, 11:09:12 AMThose displays are looking great using the risers and I love the mix of old and new.

What make is that pink Moschops (?), third shelf down in picture 1?

Thanks Crackington, It's a work in progress! The Moschops is by Splendidhand on Etsy. They're starting to build a nice unique range and are traditionally sculpted and resin cast. I don't usually collect resin figures (due to cats in the house) but these are Invicta inspired to a degree and so caught my eye. I don't think they're badly priced either and are based in the UK. Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/splendidhand?ref=shop_sugg_market 

Blackdanter

Quote from: Dyscrasia on March 14, 2024, 03:44:44 PMVery impressive collection! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Dyscrasia. I've been collecting since the 70's but I'm finally imposing order over the chaos!

Blackdanter

Blackdanter

The population on the sauropod shelf seems to be burgeoning so I've had to introduce a stealthy control.

I haven't been able to track down my original Collecta figure (despite multiple box searches in the loft) so I decided to just obtain another. I was surprised at how much more rubbery this figure is than I remember the original one being. 

Faelrin

I'm like stunned by how much you have and how you've masterfully fit it all on display.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blackdanter

Quote from: Faelrin on April 02, 2024, 06:19:04 PMI'm like stunned by how much you have and how you've masterfully fit it all on display.

Thanks Faelrin.

Blackdanter

Light all the fires it's the King of the Rumbling Spires ............ and friends.

Two new shelves installed and fiddling around trying to fit everything in ................

Crackington

Great stuff avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter!

The second picture down looks like the Tyrannosaurs are singing, like a (Demon) barbershop quartet!

Blackdanter

Quote from: Crackington on April 14, 2024, 11:05:20 PMGreat stuff avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter!

The second picture down looks like the Tyrannosaurs are singing, like a (Demon) barbershop quartet!

Thanks Crackington. Funnily enough my wife said the same thing. I've moved things around a bit since then to fit everything in.

SidB

Quote from: Blackdanter on April 16, 2024, 12:42:43 PM
Quote from: Crackington on April 14, 2024, 11:05:20 PMGreat stuff avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter!

Thanks Crackington. Funnily enough my wife said the same thing. I've moved things around a bit since then to fit everything in.
Ah, the pursuit of T-rex happiness!

Blackdanter

Making some headway.

It's not looking like I'm going to have space to display everything. These two shelves were going to be theropod shelves but I've started adding figures that grab my attention as I go through boxes. I'll probably rotate smaller figures from time to time which means that quite a number of smaller figures are going to have to stay in the loft until they get rotated in. I can't do much with the anatomy model end as I'm still trying to locate one more, the apatosaurus figure.

CityRaptor

Ohhh, great collection...crowded shelf.

Be careful with the grey Sega T.rex. It seems to have some stability issues which become worse over time. Mine ended up falling off the shelf and breaking. (Since I placed it and the Sega Triceratops facing each other, as in a fight, I sometimes joke that the Triceratops won.)
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blackdanter

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 17, 2024, 09:53:27 PMOhhh, great collection...crowded shelf.

Be careful with the grey Sega T.rex. It seems to have some stability issues which become worse over time. Mine ended up falling off the shelf and breaking. (Since I placed it and the Sega Triceratops facing each other, as in a fight, I sometimes joke that the Triceratops won.)

Thanks City Raptor. The grey Sega T.rex has always seemed to suffer from weak ankles. Several other collectors have had the same issue with this figure in addition to some sagging. I think they must have used a softer vinyl for the production of that one. Oddly, the two alternate colour issues are fine. I've wired the grey to it's base, re-using the wire ties you get in toy/figure boxes. I've also wired some of the Kaiyodo therapods onto the shelf using the same method as they seem prone to topple when the mood takes them. 

Blackdanter

I think I'm pretty much done with these two shelves now, having finally located the Famemaster anatomy Apatosaurus. The two Mammoth will be coming out to go on a prehistoric mammal shelf when I'm ready which will free space for something else. The Hammond Rex will likely come off as well, it just doesn't sit well with the other figures (it bugs me for some reason).

shahinos

The orange parasaurolophus is wondering what the hell all that noise behind it is, "such a bunch of weirdos".

Libraraptor

Quote from: shahinos on April 18, 2024, 04:12:01 PMThe orange parasaurolophus is wondering what the hell all that noise behind it is, "such a bunch of weirdos".

:))  :))

Blackdanter

Quote from: shahinos on April 18, 2024, 04:12:01 PMThe orange parasaurolophus is wondering what the hell all that noise behind it is, "such a bunch of weirdos".

:)) The T.rex are unrully and punk. Much like me in my youth.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.