News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

continuing my model painting thread here.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool, can't wait to see em ' ! ;D

Simon

copper

komodo dragon, (papo), repainted and the tongue cut off
-some time ago i finished this piece for myself but didn't post it here because it's not a prehistoric animal..
but now i decided to show it around here anyway

postsaurischian

A wonderful figure finally got an appropriate paintjob :).
Call it a Megalania and it IS prehistoric.

Himmapaan

Another gorgeous piece and an appropriate colour for it at last. The original is curiously green.

brontodocus

Great! :) The Papo Komodo Dragon is such a fine sculpt but I have to agree, the original green is strange indeed.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

copper

repainted hatzegopteryx (collecta)
-color scheme from kaiyodo dinotales quetzalcoatlus: link (requested)
-commission

Tylosaurus

That's a real beauty! Nice color scheme too man!Those flying reptiles evolved iin to bats these days, similar way of flying & walking also how the wing surface is formed of a skin layer instead of feathers.

postsaurischian

:D Very Niiice, coppie!

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 23, 2012, 04:14:21 PM
....... Those flying reptiles evolved iin to bats these days .......
Very adventurous assertion ;D.

brontodocus

Once again a wonderful piece. :) And you even captured the slightest details including that interrupted dark line along the lower jaw.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome ! the eye is immediately drawn to the head..but there does appear to be some slight , subtle shading on the wings as well. Love it.

Himmapaan

I couldn't add much more to what the others have said. Another beauty.  :)

Meso-Cenozoic

That Hatz is now a gorgeously handsome fella, Copper! I always thought his original colors looked like they were borrowed from a baby shower. LOL! And I also really like your color scheme for the Papo "Megalania". Curious about the tongue dismemberment, though.  ???

copper

thank you everyone for the comments!

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on March 24, 2012, 04:18:12 AM
Curious about the tongue dismemberment, though.  ???

the dismemberment of the tongue was just for my own preferences.

Gryphoceratops

That's a real beauty! Nice color scheme too man!Those flying reptiles evolved iin to bats these days, similar way of flying & walking also how the wing surface is formed of a skin layer instead of feathers.

...wha?   :o

Anyway yeah beautiful work!  I like the work on the head obviously but the body has some nice subtle details too!  I agree with meso i never much cared for the original colors always seemed a bit cartoony for my taste. 

Horridus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 26, 2012, 05:21:07 PM
...wha?   :o
I think he meant that they show some convergent traits, as both pterosaurs and bats are quadrupedal flying animals (unlike birds).

And of course, lovely paint job!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Tylosaurus

Thanks Horridus 8)

that I did, yes ;D Sorry that my posts are sometimes somewhat unclear, I never was a star at explaining things.

tyrantqueen

^At least you didn't say that pterosaurs are lizards....*cough* David Peters *cough*   :P

Tylosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 03, 2012, 08:11:43 PM
^At least you didn't say that pterosaurs are lizards....*cough* David Peters *cough*   :P
They are flying reptiles but not lizards no, only for a common person they would be flying lizards, also such a wrong way to describe them haha xD

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.