News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Fabricious's Life Size Sculpture

Started by fabricious, September 16, 2014, 07:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Since I intend to keep (most of) my sculptures inside, I'll try to coat the entire thing with a few layers of matte clear lacquer and then add bits of fake hair piece by piece to the body (probably with white glue). We'll see how that goes with the bust!

fabricious

I like how this armature is coming along!

I should be careful not to overrun this thread with too much non-velociraptoran-stuff... :D

Kayakasaurus

Wow! It's turning out very nice already! You could make this your "Life size" thread
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

fabricious

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on May 28, 2015, 11:13:28 PM
Wow! It's turning out very nice already! You could make this your "Life size" thread

Good idea, now I just need to find out how to change the name!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: fabricious on May 29, 2015, 08:22:07 AM

Ask and you shall receive... lol

fabricious

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 29, 2015, 08:28:23 AM

You're my hero of the day, Chris, thanks! :D

Rathalosaurus

Wow! Very nice work!!! I m very excited for more

-------------------

Wow!! Sehr tolle Arbeit!! Bin gespannt auf mehr...
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: fabricious on May 29, 2015, 09:05:57 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 29, 2015, 08:28:23 AM

You're my hero of the day, Chris, thanks! :D

Happy to help! 

fabricious

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on May 29, 2015, 04:31:32 PM
Wow! Very nice work!!! I m very excited for more

-------------------

Wow!! Sehr tolle Arbeit!! Bin gespannt auf mehr...

Danke! :D ich poste Updates, sobald es etwas Neues gibt!

fabricious

Update for the Velociraptor: I'll most likely just try making the feathers out of paper mache, due to the fact that I can't seem to find a reliable source for real ones.

Tallin

Oh man, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! I'm blown away by these models, fabricious! I can't wait to see more and it's inspiring me to try some of my own haha!

fabricious

Quote from: Tallin on June 08, 2015, 03:35:34 PM
Oh man, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! I'm blown away by these models, fabricious! I can't wait to see more and it's inspiring me to try some of my own haha!

I'm glad I could be of assistance here, haha. :D Just go for it, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.