News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur stamps

Started by Libraraptor, June 14, 2015, 10:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Don't quote me on this but I believe I recall seeing them advertised last summer.

LophoLeeVT

the new stamps look nice!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

postsaurischian

:) Time to revive this thread. I already repaired my other post here from the damage Photobucket has done.
                                                 I hope others do the same if their time allows them to do so.

These are the stamps that come with PNSO's Mamenchisaurus (or is it the Mamenchi that comes with the stamps?)

Chinese Dinosaurs Stamp Collection
                                             Produced by China National Philatelic Corporation / designed by ZHAO Chuang

WarrenJB

Very nice! I like the linework and texturing. Reminds me of... um... illustrator guy from the 90s. Did stuff for Orbis Dinosaurs magazine. Some of it still at the NMH site and thereabouts.

postsaurischian

from the book "Den Dinosauriern auf der Spur", published by the German Post
                                                                   the set of stamps is titled "Für die Jugend" 2008

postsaurischian

Australia's Dinosaur Era
                                                                                             from 1993

Libraraptor

Reviving this thread is a good idea,  although at the moment I am not focused on stamps.  But I Really enjoy them.

ceratopsian

I have a few dinosaur stamps but don't actively collect them.  I love this Australian set - they make a striking composite image - thank you avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian .

Shonisaurus

The photo credits of your stamp collection have been great. Above all, I highlight the dinosaur stamps from China and the dinosaur stamps from Australia whose two huge stamps have been photographed in parts. A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian !!!

Crackington

I'm enjoying this thread.

I thought the Australian dinosaur stamps looked familiar and dug out a book I picked up there nearly 20 years ago. This beautiful book was written by the Rich family, the paleontologists who discovered and named Leaellynasaura after their daughter. It was published in 1996 and the cover art work really is by Mark Hallett!

Libraraptor

That is really Mark Hallett ' s artwork on those Australian stamps?  Does not really look like him , honestly .

Crackington

Apologies :-[  I double-checked and the artist is one Peter Trusler, presumably an Australian artist?

Afraid I got a bit confused as the book has a much smaller print of Hallet's Australian dinosaurs inside it, which with my poor eyesight I took to be the same picture. It has a similar cast of dinos too...

postsaurischian

A beautiful triple stamp from Micronesia 1994

and a Moeritherium :)

postsaurischian

East Germany 1990

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 animals that lived in Switzerland from 2010

and an Ammonite from 2015

postsaurischian

:-[  Did you say you want some more, well here's some more .....

São Tomé and Príncipe 1993

U.S.A. 1989

Halichoeres

These are great! I especially like the ammonite, with its perforations outlining the fossil and illustration.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:)  The Aussies make beautiful stamps

^-^  Nice sheet from Hong Kong 2022 (with embossed Dinos)

Korean art .... I like the sauropods in the perforation line :)

8)  Unusual species from Afghanistan

Colourful Hungarian sheet :D

:) .... and a first day cover from Armenia

Gwangi

I should not have clicked on this thread, now I want to collect dinosaur stamps.  ::)  ::)

ceratopsian

Snap avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi!!  I have a few but have never come up with a way to display them. Perhaps fortunately I do not know where to buy dinosaur stamps!

I like the Armenian cover very much. And the sense of movement and drama in the Australian sheet is highly effective.

Quote from: Gwangi on May 13, 2023, 10:04:40 PMI should not have clicked on this thread, now I want to collect dinosaur stamps.  ::)  ::)

Stegotyranno420

I did not expect Afghanistan and Armenia to make such awesome paleoart stamps, but I am glad this is the case :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.