News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok theres a New Kickstarter coming Next year to help start a line of Dinosaur toys made like Action figures. There will be accurate and highly detailed, as well as very posable. here is the original Announcment

QuoteAs many of you who have been following my work know, in addition to the work I do for Creative Beast Studio, I have also been developing toys for various toy companies since 2003 as both a sculptor and a designer. During this time, I have seen major advances in detail and articulation which have improved drastically over the years catering to an older, more demanding audience and thus creating a toy collector's market that has never been stronger. However, after all of this time there has been one particular genre of toys that has never quite 'evolved' to the higher standards of today's action figures- I am of course referring to prehistoric animals, most notably- DINOSAURS! For the past few months I have been planning my first attempt to correct this oversight.
That all being said, Creative beast studio is proud to announce it's first Kickstarter project- the Velociraptor 1/8th scale super articulated action figures! Here are the main details:
-The campaign will consist of 5 figures, the main one being velociraptor mongoliensis, the others will be closely related species with differing appearances (to be revealed soon)
-Each will be between 8"-9" in total length. This is meant to go with both your 6" as well as your 12" action figures.
-Each will have over 20 points of articulation- range of movement will based on how the animal could actually move
-The details of each species will be based on scientific findings with color schemes influenced by their environments
-Each will include a small base and clear posing rod
-Sculpting will begin very soon. Kickstarter campaign is planned for April of 2016.
I want to stress that these will be TOYS. Affordable, finished action figures that can be played with and posed as much as you want. This is in contrast to my existing poseable model kits which can be posed, but not necessarily played with.
For those of you who have been waiting for high-quality dinosaur action figures, this is your opportunity to make a difference. Please help me spread the word, whether it be social media, forums, in person with friends, or all of the above. Your support right now to get the word out there will go long way in helping the Kickstarter be a success when it goes live. It's not too early start now.
GOOD dinosaur figures are on the way. It is time for an evolution.
More updates will follow in the weeks to come. Thank you all in advance for your time and support

This looks like a cool Concept, so i thought i share it.    The Kickstater wont be up until 2016, but i thought i give you all a heads up.

Tallin

That does look very cool indeed! Though I hope people won't kick me out for observing that it's a shame the feathers don't attach to the second finger and articulate with it...but that would be a little complicated so I can see why one wouldn't want to do it!

However, they are being marketed as 'toys' after all so I guess to many it's just a little nit-pick :)

DinoToyForum

I have a guest review of the original Velociraptor due for publication on the dinotoyblog soon. Watch this space...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Very very nice model, really want to have it well good luck

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Tallin on July 07, 2015, 11:24:47 PM
That does look very cool indeed! Though I hope people won't kick me out for observing that it's a shame the feathers don't attach to the second finger and articulate with it...but that would be a little complicated so I can see why one wouldn't want to do it!

However, they are being marketed as 'toys' after all so I guess to many it's just a little nit-pick :)

But from the layout you can see that the wing attach from the second finger!

Tallin

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on July 08, 2015, 10:24:20 AM
But from the layout you can see that the wing attach from the second finger!

From the diagram it looks like they attach at the wrist and can be rotated around that pivot ~
Not that I mind very much - I'd love to get one of these!

Mauro "Raptor86"

As a follow up to my news yesterday of the raptor action figures currently in development, I have submitted my idea for entry into 'Project Side Project' for a chance $5,000 worth of project funding money and promotional tools. This would be a great help toward making the upcoming Kickstarter campaign a successful one. The idea with the most votes wins the prize.

Please check out the link below and if you feel my idea is worthy, please give me a vote and share the link. There are a lot of good ideas there so I could really use the support. Thanks!

http://littlebits.cc/psp/the-ultimate-velociraptor-action-figure-set/vote

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Victoria's Cantina

I voted for him. This sounds promising, but my concern is that with all those individual parts and points of articulation, it won't be hard to break something and thus render the whole thing useless. I hope I'm wrong, but any high-end super articulated figure I've purchased has had those sorts of issues.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Victoria B on July 10, 2015, 06:40:31 AM
I voted for him. This sounds promising, but my concern is that with all those individual parts and points of articulation, it won't be hard to break something and thus render the whole thing useless. I hope I'm wrong, but any high-end super articulated figure I've purchased has had those sorts of issues.

I am hopeful, since: "I want to stress that these will be TOYS. Affordable, finished action figures that can be played with and posed as much as you want. This is in contrast to my existing poseable model kits which can be posed, but not necessarily played with."

Victoria's Cantina

That makes me more hopeful too. Hopefully his ideas and plans for them are translated flawlessly.

creativebeast

Hi All,

Been a long time since I've been on the Dino Toy Forum (not since the old site). Been staying busy the past few years, balancing the the toy industry work with the dino kits. Needless to say, it's hard to find time for forums these days. But when I heard that a thread was started here for my new raptor project and I felt the need to return and show my gratitude. Thank you so much Takama for sharing this news with the rest of the gang here.  And thank you all for your interest and support thus far as well as to those who voted for my project recently for the crowdfunding prize. That fell a bit short of winning, but the point was really to begin spreading the word about this endeavor and in that sense I feel it was a great success.

So since you all got the ball rolling on this, I wanted to update this thread with some recent info and pics from the project. First of all,  I decided to change the scale from 1/8th to 1/6th, so the final versions will be around 10-12" long

These will be the main raptors

and a look at how the parts will be shared

It's also worth noting that each of these will be made into posed model kits (with bases) as well,  all utilizing the pieces sculpted for the action figures. The model kits WILL happen, it's the action figure part that will depend on funding.

All that being said, sculpting has begun. Here's a look at the base main velociraptor body

And an early look at the feathers and teeth being added to the head.

Simon

Shadowknight1

I definitely like what I'm seeing and I love how each o the raptors has a different feel to them, ie. the shorter, stockier Balaur won't be mistaken for the Tsaagan.  I will definitely be supporting the Kickstarter for this when it launches.  I love raptors and I love articulated figures and I think it's past high time that the market be flooded with a combination of the two.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

SpittersForEver

Now these look awesome, yay for high quality articulation.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.