News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/1 Rhamphorhynchus

Started by dinonikes, May 04, 2012, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinonikes

Here are photos showing armature for a 1/1 Rhamphorhynchus model. The wingspan is approx. 48 inches- not the largest that this animal reached, I think they got up to just about a wingspan of 72 inches, but large enough to be an adult I think.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks awesome Malcolm..lot's of nice fluid motion there ! :)

The final product will be outdoor worthy right ?  You think you might have this available for sale ?  ;)

DinoToyForum

It looks great - I love the arching wings. Can't wait to see how this one comes along.

anchry6

It is really very nice!
I love when you are in scale 1/1 ...
It seems to promise very well ...
Good job

:D

ZoPteryx

DinoFan45

It's amazing!!! Can't wait to see more of it.
"Life will find a way."

Himmapaan

The armature looks so lovely already. Looking forward to this!

dinonikes

Got the clay roughed in- here are a couple photos of the head in the real rough stage-

Blade-of-the-Moon

What an AWESOME set of choppers ! ;D

Are these Pteros you doing going to  be in different poses as well ?

Lady medusa

Awesome! Are you going to "fur" it? When will your new sculpt be up for sale by the way?

Roktman

Nice start. Looking fwd to the next WIP pics

DinoFan45

The head is great! Wondering what the wings will look like.
"Life will find a way."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan45 on May 09, 2012, 09:25:43 PM
The head is great! Wondering what the wings will look like.

Malcolm's 1/40 pterosaurs have been great looking in the past wings and all..I just considered this way scaled up ! ;D

I hope you do some different poses as well..I'd love to have a flying and a perched one for my park. ;)

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2012, 09:31:01 PMMalcolm's 1/40 pterosaurs have been great looking in the past wings and all..I just considered this way scaled up ! ;D

They have indeed, and I imagine the detail level on this beast will be a bit higher than those, too :) Looking forward to seeing how this guy turns out. You're planning to include its pycnofibres, yes?

dinonikes

This one is almost done- here are a couple photos of the head which is coming along-

Patrx

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinonikes on May 11, 2012, 08:20:15 AM
This one is almost done- here are a couple photos of the head which is coming along-

Wow Malcolm ! AMAZING work there ! ;D

I'm not sure if I would feel safe putting this outdoors anymore..it's so beautifully detailed ! :)

Lady medusa

Awesome im loving this!!! I agree that maybe you should make a mate or a couple of friends with this guy! I love the perched idea! But my no means would this be outside lol i would make the inside of my house look like a mini jurassic park ;)

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 11, 2012, 05:58:22 PM

I'm not sure if I would feel safe putting this outdoors anymore..it's so beautifully detailed ! :)

Build (or Buy) a solid roof cage, put some fake fish in it to make it like a  zoo animal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 13, 2012, 03:10:26 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 11, 2012, 05:58:22 PM

Build (or Buy) a solid roof cage, put some fake fish in it to make it like a  zoo animal

That could work...especially with a perched one !   ;D  Maybe I should just build an aviary ? ;) :)

Actually if it's fiberglass it should be cool...  ^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.