News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Title : Good and Stuck

A lone Stegosaurus has shown a Ceratosaurus just why you don't mess with them. Unfortunately for both they fighting on a very unstable cliff side..when the dust settles the Stegosaurus is exhausted and finds itself on a very small ledge...with it's tail still impaling the twitching Ceratosaurus and it's slowly falling to the edge...judging by the Pterosaurs below..they are quite a ways up from anything close to the ground.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Long time no update.  I finally started back working on the Spino last week.  My last effort on it was at the end of August :

Blade-of-the-Moon

ZoPteryx

Your yard must be great on Halloween! ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on March 14, 2012, 03:42:23 AM
Your yard must be great on Halloween! ;)

It really used to be.. ;D  We would put on a  free haunt for the kids each season...but I moved on to doing a pro-haunted attraction.

I really wish to combine the two somehow one day..do a haunted attraction in October and the rest of the year run a dinosaur park. ;)

Gryphoceratops

The paintjob on the Spino is outstanding!  And agreed this must be awesome on Halloween. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 14, 2012, 03:07:51 PM
The paintjob on the Spino is outstanding!  And agreed this must be awesome on Halloween.

Thanks ! He's definitely going to stand out I think.. heh ;D

Once  I get his paint done I have to move him to his new spot and get the "swamp " dug around him.  ;)

Anyone have any opinions on the eyes ? I'm planning to do them in green..not sure about whether to make them with round or slanted pupils though.

Gryphoceratops

Lime green certainly would stand out.  Slit pupils are usually found in nocturnal animals.  Regardless if you intend this guy to be nocturnal or not I think slits would look really cool. 

stoneage

???  Blade does your house look like a boat, or what is that in the first picture?

Arioch

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2012, 05:52:24 PM

Once  I get his paint done I have to move him to his new spot and get the "swamp " dug around him.  ;)

Anyone have any opinions on the eyes ? I'm planning to do them in green..not sure about whether to make them with round or slanted pupils though.

If you want accuracy round pupils is the way to go for something which is more related to birds than to anything else.

And as I said in the "old" forum, great job with the colors!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on March 14, 2012, 10:08:03 PM
???  Blade does your house look like a boat, or what is that in the first picture?

Pirate ship pool deck  I built . :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Arioch on March 15, 2012, 12:08:17 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2012, 05:52:24 PM

If you want accuracy round pupils is the way to go for something which is more related to birds than to anything else.

And as I said in the "old" forum, great job with the colors!

That's my problem.  I know all dinosaurs are related to birds..but it's environment , behavior and look see to be very crocodile in appearance. I know the JP3 Spino has the croc-eyes and it looks good...but then all that piled against the fact it's a bird. So I can see why the general public has a problem figuring it out as well.. lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Working on installation , still some paint work detailing to do as well :

Spino VS Raptor

stoneage

;D  Are there any Killer Klowns in your yard?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on March 15, 2012, 02:16:24 AM
;D  Are there any Killer Klowns in your yard?

I'm working on it. ;D

Here are the heads and hands for two :

and a Popkorn klown spawn :

Himmapaan

Good golly, Chris, that ship is amazing!

Meso-Cenozoic

Chris, I don't think I've seen your Spino this far along. He's looking really good. I especially like the colors. And in those night shots, he looks amazing!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 15, 2012, 04:02:46 AM
Good golly, Chris, that ship is amazing!

Thanks buddy !  I felt the desire for a pirate ship to climb on so I built..complete with bell to ring ! Now I just need a cannon... ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on March 15, 2012, 05:00:50 AM
Chris, I don't think I've seen your Spino this far along. He's looking really good. I especially like the colors. And in those night shots, he looks amazing!

Hehe ! Thank you very much ! He certainly does..the night shots give a great black background I think. :)

I do love being impressed with my own work..it happens so rarely though. When it does I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway... " Look what I have created ! " lol ;D

dutchdinolover

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.