Author Topic: PrimevalRaptor's artworks  (Read 1047 times)

Brocc21

• Did I stutter?
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Carnotaurus
Re: PrimevalRaptor's artworks
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 04:51:46 AM »
It actually looks like this new piece and the deinonychus one are part of the same image. Like I could stick them together. Also it reminds me of that one storm from raptor red.
Did you know if you drink the juice in a magic eight ball you can see the future!?!

PrimevalRaptor

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Dinosaur: Spinosaurus
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 06:05:42 PM »
Thank you! :D I honestly wouldn't be surprised if those two were waddling along the same mountain lol

And just so that this isn't just a reply, here's something I did over the last days, no idea for a new drawing went through so I finally got to drawing my favorite bird! Bearded vultures are amazing! (And technically cound as dinosaurs :P)

ZoPteryx

• Devonian survivor
  • Increasingly Mirificus
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Austroraptor
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member: 509 Posts
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 05:15:15 AM »
Woah!  I thought that was a photo at first, fantastic work!

PrimevalRaptor

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2019, 06:55:11 PM »
Thank you! :D

Here's some fresh paleoart again, this time far closer to us though, depicting everyone's favorite sausage whale, Basilosaurus!
Been wanting to take my shot at reconstructing this guy for quite some time and I finally got a satisfying result :D

Flaffy

• Devonian survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: 中國角龍 Sinoceratops
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:38 PM »
That's really nice, it's just so majestic.

DinoToyCollector

• View Profile
    • DinoToyCollector
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 05:04:08 AM »
I love it! I love this picture and the term sausage whale  :))

Neosodon

• Precambrian survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 06:33:47 AM »
This is the best artwork I have ever seen posted on this forum. And to produce so many! How long do you spend on each piece?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

ZoPteryx

• Devonian survivor
  • Increasingly Mirificus
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Austroraptor
  • v.1 status and posts: Ultimate Member: 509 Posts
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
That's fantastic, well done!  Really serene!

PrimevalRaptor

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 10:54:46 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind feedback! :D

This is the best artwork I have ever seen posted on this forum. And to produce so many! How long do you spend on each piece?

It actually depends on my inspiration, time and all, some artworks take a few weeks (with me taking breaks in between, I found out that really helps when e.g. you're not happy with the composition, stepping away from the canvas is useful to get some fresh air in. :D) but sometimes I complete stuff in a few days, this here for example, I started out with the water one day, then thought about what I wanna put in there, decided on Basilosaurus finally and then started gathering references and doodling out the pose and all (which took the longest time).
Usually though after the base shape is done, things get quicker with my favorite parts: Finding and applying the color scheme and then...shading. I really love shading, it just adds SO damn much to the artworks. :D

PrimevalRaptor

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2019, 09:44:43 PM »
Been some time huh? But I got something in store!

An Australovenator uses a forest fire to corner a hypsilophodont, inspired by birds of prey using brushfires to smoke out prey.

This is the result of my 300 follower raffle over on Twitter, the winner didn't request a specific species but rather something action-y involving fire and a blood moon and I figured a scene like this would combine those aspects fairly well.