News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 16, 2012, 01:53:15 PM
Nice work :D

Thank you!

I See You

Inspired by Jurassic Park :

A pack of Compies have stumbled upon a Velociraptor nest and think the babies will make a quick meal, but mom and dad have just found them as well.

ZoPteryx

The Compy on the left is asking the other: "Are you sure this is such a good idea?" ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on March 16, 2012, 10:21:10 PM
The Compy on the left is asking the other: "Are you sure this is such a good idea?" ;D

Heh heh.. it's VERY likely that's exactly what is going on. ;D

Compys get into so much trouble..I love the little guys.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Added a prehistoric fish for the Spino's catch of the day :

Well half of one...he's already eaten the rest.. lol :

Himmapaan

Amazing. I reckon that in the time it takes for me to paint up one itty bitty thimble-sized dinosaur, you've already built yourself a life-sized one. From scratch. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 17, 2012, 11:43:09 PM
Amazing. I reckon that in the time it takes for me to paint up one itty bitty thimble-sized dinosaur, you've already built yourself a life-sized one. From scratch. ;D

Heh heh ! I don't know..if I'm really into it I can probably do one of medium size in a couple months. I'm only able to work on these big guys Marh/April - August due to weather and other projects.  Like I started that Spino in July..he wasn't finished til this week... lol  ;D I also usually have to put a lot of time into planning...I have 3 or 4 pages of Spino-related art for this project..I have to have every angle worked out and drilled into my head... ;)

Now that fish took around 2 days..not bad really...but it didn't need much of a frame... hehe I also have  a small Rhamphorynchus I'm considering doing while inside..could take a couple days as well.

Just depends I guess.. lol  Thanks again !

Blade-of-the-Moon

Re-uploading this one with a scanner for better quality :

A Third Enters the Fray

A scene from Raptor Red by Robert Bakker where Raptor Red herself is attacked by a large female Acrocanthosaurus. Remembering the large pliosaurs that attack from the sea earlier she lures the theropod out into the waters hoping they will go for the larger prey item....and they do.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Rhamphorynchus in progress :

Waterfall redo , the old one was fallign apart due to improper materials..it was really an eye-sore before :

Blade-of-the-Moon

juvenile Brachio head started :

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 17, 2012, 11:27:58 PM
Added a prehistoric fish for the Spino's catch of the day :

Well half of one...he's already eaten the rest.. lol :

WOW man gotta luv them vivid colors you gave that Spino too man! :D He looks awesome! I am guessing it's a male since male reptiles has more textures than the females as color went :) It's really impressive man, how many do you have in your garden atm?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you ! I'm glad you like it and the color choice.. hehe   ;D

I suppose a male makes more sense...he's not all grown up either of course. ;) I figure there is some good reason for the color..my grandpa pointed out the other day he looks like a fishing lure.  ;D

Let's see...I have 9 including babies and pterosaurs.

Himmapaan

Chris has a veritable Mesozoic Park of his own.  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 20, 2012, 05:38:43 PM
Chris has a veritable Mesozoic Park of his own.  ;D

I'm trying..  ;)

I do really want to own my own Dino-Park someday..then I can have a seasonal Halloween event as well. Both my passions combined.  :D

Tylosaurus

hehe great stuff man, I'm like if you have the room, the will power and the time to make such wonderful things,why not I find this a very cool idea of making your Dinosaur collection different from that of others o have seen even that all them others share a similar way of beauty :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 20, 2012, 07:01:51 PM
hehe great stuff man, I'm like if you have the room, the will power and the time to make such wonderful things,why not I find this a very cool idea of making your Dinosaur collection different from that of others o have seen even that all them others share a similar way of beauty :)

Thanks ! Yeah they are a bit of hard work..but I love them...and can't stop making them.. ;D

Tylosaurus

we all have our obsessions it seems  haha way cool man! 8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Oh yeah !

I have a nice sized list of these guys to do..I'm probably going to run out of material before I run out of species  I want to do. :/

I even have considered a Nothosaur, Plesiosaur and a Mosasaur at some point..but I need a BIG pond for them.  Just landscaping a place to put small specimens of each would need to good sized.

On my list this year is the Juvi Brachiosaur, an Allosaurus head, a Juvi Stego and maybe a new Dilo that is a lot more accurate.

I need to do a juvenile Rex a some point as well..and maybe a Trike and Struthiomimus..maybe next year.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Brachi update :

Juvenile Brachiosaur framing continues. I would have accomplished more but it poured down rain here for awhile. And figure up dimensions from a scale model is a royal pain in the tail...pfff. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Frickin' figuring dimensions nightmare... :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Framing is almost done..should finish tomorrow.  Would have been closer but the weather hasn't been cooperating at all..it's rained off and on like someone can't make up their minds which way to turn the faucet handle.. :/

I should be starting wire wrapping tomorrow or Monday.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.