News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lizerd on March 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
If I am ever in the same state as you are remind me to check out your dinosaur park.

Any time! We're open 365 days a year!

Lizerd

:D well now I'm definetly going, hopefully this summer if I have the time.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Rained all day so I painted an Umbrella-saurus. lol

Halichoeres

Head up, Blade, I think someone from Stan Winston's workshop has started posting under your name.  :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Lizerd on March 23, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
If I am ever in the same state as you are remind me to check out your dinosaur park.

Or NC or VA. He's near the easternmost tip of TN. I've visited a couple times; it's well worth the drive to see his incredible work.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2019, 01:00:55 PM
Head up, Blade, I think someone from Stan Winston's workshop has started posting under your name.  :))

High praise! Thank you!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finished the paint work :

Installing

Complete

Lizerd

Is it accurate? No. Is it awesome? You bet your toes it is. That thing looks ready to eat me,  which is both a compliment and a silent scream of terror. Say, have any of your visitors gone missing?
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lizerd on April 21, 2019, 06:14:28 PM
Is it accurate? No. Is it awesome? You bet your toes it is. That thing looks ready to eat me,  which is both a compliment and a silent scream of terror. Say, have any of your visitors gone missing?

I don't really monitor guest attendance..so it's possible..  ;)

Lizerd

This may actually be a solution to a few problems, you see I have an annoying teacher and you have hungry dinosaurs. Maybe we should just let these problems naturally solve each other  O:-) ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do offer field traps..I mean trips!   But they have a hard time telling friend from foe!

Shark Toothed Lizard

Can we get an F in the chat for both? In all seriousness this is very good! I love it, the dust streaks look really good on it!
See, your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

My DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/diamondshark9

Lizerd

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 22, 2019, 04:40:12 PM
I do offer field traps..I mean trips!   But they have a hard time telling friend from foe!
Sadly I'm a few states away meaning it's unlikely (also high school gets almost zero field trips). However there are other ways to get nature to sort itself out  >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finally received my eyes and got them inserted :

Halichoeres

With those eyes you're going to go full Uncanny Valley.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2019, 01:42:41 PM

IDK, they look kind of cute to me. The left one especially looks like a scaly puppy.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2019, 01:52:09 AM

High praise! Thank you!

I would love to see you do a whole dinosaur with a sculpted epoxy putty skin like you do on the heads, that would be epic, more expensive but epic! You could probably skin it on top of your vinyl to save on expanding foam. I've done some big pieces, life sized human etc and you don't really use too much epoxy. Something the size of the Dilo would be doable, an Apatosaurus well that's another story.
Paint job is great on the Dilo.

P.S. Love the signage.

Lizerd

While not the most accurate of sculptures, they definitely look awesome and those eyes in the dark would be awesome to see.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The eyes are made for lion usually.  I like inserting a little personality where possible too. See my Velociraptors for further examples. :)

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on April 27, 2019, 03:43:15 PM

IDK, they look kind of cute to me. The left one especially looks like a scaly puppy.

Thanks yeah I get a similar vibe, I guess young animals tend to be cute no matter the species.

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 27, 2019, 05:30:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2019, 01:52:09 AM

High praise! Thank you!

I would love to see you do a whole dinosaur with a sculpted epoxy putty skin like you do on the heads, that would be epic, more expensive but epic! You could probably skin it on top of your vinyl to save on expanding foam. I've done some big pieces, life sized human etc and you don't really use too much epoxy. Something the size of the Dilo would be doable, an Apatosaurus well that's another story.
Paint job is great on the Dilo.

P.S. Love the signage.

Thanks bud!  I've attempted it one before, I made a "Ducky" semi/accurate  as I was planning a Land Before Time tribute with accurate juveniles. But it was shelved for now.   

These guys will have full epoxy skin, but I had to cheat and use a texture stamp, the epoxy was hardening too fast at the rate I sculpt. 

I've spent about 132.00 on Apoxie Sculpt thus far, but I think that will be it.

Quote from: Lizerd on April 27, 2019, 11:11:31 PM
While not the most accurate of sculptures, they definitely look awesome and those eyes in the dark would be awesome to see.

lol ok I'll bite, what's not accurate ? There aren't any fossils for these I just sorta compiled data and did my best approximation. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Animated Dino skeleton created for our Dino Park in the Dark event.

"Stephen and Sylvia " sculpt work done.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.