News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

yeah i think thats why its falling behind and the new facebook is taking over more.  you can use paypal directly, it wont matter except it wont show it on there but i'll know we have it. 

since i hate taking something for nothing, we are also selling shirts online now to so as to raise funds :  https://www.customink.com/fundraising/save-the-dinos?ref=copy-link_social_desktop-campaign-page-share-top-v3&utm_campaign=desktop-campaign-page-share-top-v3&utm_content=save-the-dinos&utm_medium=social&utm_source=copy-link&side=front&type=1&zoom=false&fbclid=IwAR3R0UI06Cc41rRuKDTETnsjuW977oFJ5dZJWT8NbwzamZ561SdzjLi0Daw

Halichoeres

Out of curiosity, do you have legal representation? I know you probably can't afford to have someone on retainer, but on the off chance that you have a lawyer friend? I suspect that some of the things they're threatening you with would yield to even a little legal pushback. It seems pretty transparently like intimidation.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 29, 2019, 05:48:31 PM
Out of curiosity, do you have legal representation? I know you probably can't afford to have someone on retainer, but on the off chance that you have a lawyer friend? I suspect that some of the things they're threatening you with would yield to even a little legal pushback. It seems pretty transparently like intimidation.

Unfortunately we do not yet, that's what the fundraisers are currently for.  We have found one lawyer willing to do it and he wants 7500.00 upfront to fight them.   There was a very early discussion we had with the Director of Planning and Zoning where she admitted there was no code to cover what we are.  So she pulled codes from city, state, and county to makeup something to govern us by.  That alone right there should win the case for us. Every decision and action made since has been arbitrary and at her discretion.

Halichoeres

The obstacles raised do seem pretty capricious. 7500 is a lot, but it's probably worth the investment. Good luck, Chris.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 30, 2019, 01:27:43 PM
The obstacles raised do seem pretty capricious. 7500 is a lot, but it's probably worth the investment. Good luck, Chris.

Thanks bud.    They did come out today one head inspector and the Director herself.  She wasn't happy, mainly because we argued every point and had paperwork on all of it. She declined any interview simply saying none of this is personal then later told my friend " I don't like you! " after beating her on yet another point.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/inspectors-tour-backyard-terrors/?fbclid=IwAR3ArYkOZcenT3vvzmJiXa-n7I5I6KXL8gee9U2LYLSGtgdgGqwemd1EFF8

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 01, 2019, 01:57:46 AM

Thanks bud.    They did come out today one head inspector and the Director herself.  She wasn't happy, mainly because we argued every point and had paperwork on all of it. She declined any interview simply saying none of this is personal then later told my friend " I don't like you! " after beating her on yet another point.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/inspectors-tour-backyard-terrors/?fbclid=IwAR3ArYkOZcenT3vvzmJiXa-n7I5I6KXL8gee9U2LYLSGtgdgGqwemd1EFF8

If the best argument they can come up with is  "I don't like you" then they should be ashamed, and if you get that legal representation your after, you should breeze a favourable judgement - if it even goes that far - right!?

I can't read the news story you linked to, it is blocked to Europeans, would you mind sharing the gist of it here?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 01, 2019, 08:17:10 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 01, 2019, 01:57:46 AM

If the best argument they can come up with is  "I don't like you" then they should be ashamed, and if you get that legal representation your after, you should breeze a favourable judgement - if it even goes that far - right!?

I can't read the news story you linked to, it is blocked to Europeans, would you mind sharing the gist of it here?

The Director had no idea what she was doing, where she was even going.  She had a site plan to follow and updates. She was just mad and storming around everywhere.  We found an email to me where in 2016 she admits to just making up those codes to cover us.  In the same message she says transcripts are only given if court ordered. Which is a direct lie because they are public record.   A good lawyer should have this wrapped up quick I think.   I did find out today that one of neighbor households that has been against us have been calling the county and complaining/making things up on a regular basis.  Was even told they don't want fences or compromises they just want us closed.   

Here is a transcript from the video, I'm sorry these arent working.

BLUFF CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) – The owner of a popular Tri-Cities attraction is trying to keep his beloved park from going extinct.

The owner of "Backyard Terrors Dinosaur Park" in Bluff City said he has continued to try to meet code standards set by Sullivan County officials.

We were there when inspectors toured the facility Monday afternoon.

A building inspector and the Sullivan County Planning Director toured the park as they took pictures of areas that were in violation of county codes. The inspectors will now take their notes back to determine if the owner of the park, Chris Kastner, will face a fine or jail time.

The dispute between Backyard Terrors and the Sullivan County Planning and Code Department continues.

"It's been one thing after another, different things have been added, we'll do one thing, they'll come back with another 10 things. It's just gotten to a point where it seems like they really just want the dinosaur park to close down. There's so many people that love this place and they don't want to see this happen," Backyard Terrors managing partner, Brittany Nave said.

According to the Board of Zoning Appeals, the park has been allowed "conditional use" or "special exception" for small events, as long as the park met health and safety conditions.

"She has proof of this. We have emails as proof that there was conversations between Chris and her [Amber Torbett, Sullivan County's Planning and Zoning Director] said where he sent her stuff and she had received it," Nave said.

"In the last couple years, it has really took off. It's like the dinosaur park is being targetted. Every time he does something, they come back with a list of 10 more things to do. He'll get approved on something, and then they'll turn right around and do something else," Nave said.

A letter sent by the department earlier this month stated Backyard Terrors had not met zoning resolutions.

"The only thing that we have physically not done on here is build the restroom, but we have ADA portapotties that we use," Nave said. "We will have a replacement portapotty here on October 9th. That is wheelchair accessible as well."

At the inspection, the Sullivan County Planning Director declined an interview since the issue is ongoing, and could end up in court. Regardless, Nave said they will continue running the park as long as they can.

"This is a place for low-income families. It's cheaper to go here than take your kids to the movies anymore. Plus, it's better. They're outdoors, it's educational. They get to learn about dinosaurs and stuff way before humankind," she said.

Blade-of-the-Moon

No news yet since the inspection last week.  All I know is that the Director wasn't happy, mostly because we were answering her questions with the proper answers.

In the meantime things continue here.  After having squirrels munch on his face and chew off his claws I think our Dromaeosaurus is about ready to be re-released.

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Halichoeres

Nice work! I wouldn't have guessed that squirrels would find fake dinos so tasty.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Halichoeres

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like the Park will be in court Dec 2 at 9:30. We really need to find a lawyer asap.

Blade-of-the-Moon

BTW Mark and Tina are my aunt and uncle I live with, her name is on the property.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 14, 2019, 11:21:43 PM
Looks like the Park will be in court Dec 2 at 9:30. We really need to find a lawyer asap.

My thoghts might be the same as yours.

Blade-of-the-Moon

triceratops83

You don't need a lawyer, you need Batman - these people are clearly villains.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 15, 2019, 09:23:43 AM
You don't need a lawyer, you need Batman - these people are clearly villains.

I'd take Daredevil at this point, bit of both.

Halichoeres

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.