News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quick update, we did hire a lawyer.  It's costing us 1500.00 upfront and 200.00 per hour but she thinks we have a good case.

I still have to pay our regular electric, water, and portapotty bills, as well as keep making payments to the electricians for the work they did.  We need your support now more than ever we take donations in a variety of ways.

https://www.gofundme.com/manage/backyard-terrors-dinosaur-park-legal-aid

Paypal : [email protected] ( please mark as friends and family )

We also also will take items we can sell in the giftshop or online mailed to :

Backyard Terrors Dinosaur Park
1065 Walnut Grove Road
Bluff City TN 37618
USA

Brocc21

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 23, 2019, 05:02:42 PM
It's costing us 1500.00 upfront and 200.00 per hour
Man I got light headed looking at that number. Good luck!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brocc21 on November 25, 2019, 04:59:20 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 23, 2019, 05:02:42 PM
It's costing us 1500.00 upfront and 200.00 per hour
Man I got light headed looking at that number. Good luck!

Thank you, in order to afford all this we will need it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been sitting in the house for the best part of a week.  I guess I worried myself into catching a cold or something.   Anyway between running fundraisers online and amassing paperwork I have been working on some new dino heads.  The plan is for these to eventually have full bodies but mostly they are therapy for me right now, I'm not pushing myself with deadlines and such.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 07, 2019, 11:14:58 PM
Ooh, hadrosaurs. Good stuff

Yeah these have been stuck in my head for awhile. Some reason I went with "C's" Cory and Cryo.   Still muddling through poses too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

A little more of my process . I haven't made a head this size fully out of epoxy before.

That crest alone took two hours of epoxy mixing and sculpting.

Blade-of-the-Moon

More progress not settled on lips or no on the cryolophosaurus yet

Bokisaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 14, 2019, 04:37:18 AM
Looking good!😃

Thanks!  I'm currently working through 8lbs of Apoxie Sculpt lol very messy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Teeth in just waiting on eyes now

Killekor

I have to say that I'm really impressed by your sculptures! They almost look like the real animals  :o. Your Cryolophosaurus in particular looks promising! Good luck on it!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sketching out a Dracorex for a later 1:1 piece. 

I based this one on the Safari figure I'm using as a reference and the 2nd one off the skull, bit of an elongation in the skull but not sure which is one correct, could be elongation from distortion of the fossil.

Halichoeres

Looking good! Personally I would vote pro-lips for the Cryo, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 23, 2019, 04:51:28 PM

I'm still unsure of the whole lip thing, I ended up basing it on Fabio's Cryo a bit : 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dracorex head sculpt is done, just waiting on eyes for all of these now. Tohikon officially takes FOREVER to fill an order.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 23, 2019, 04:51:28 PM

Agreed, I'm definitely a convert to Team Lips!  Regardless, it's a bit late now and the Cryo looks lovely - as does the Dracorex.  Can't wait to see them painted, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Halichoeres

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thank you both!  I've had some warm weather, unseasonably so, so I have the Dracorex body cut out of plywood now too.  I also had a overhead projector given to me, which will hopefully make transferring these from paper to wood a lot easier. 

We have our court date Monday, it's been nice to actually work on something fun, it certainly helps with my anxiety. Though I am fearing the lawyer costs now. At the current state I'm going to need to clear a 1000.00 a month to cover all of our bills projects aside.  Stephanie, the lawyer in question says at the moment we won't have to even say anything monday, her plan is to basically ask for more time to sort out everything and request materials. I'm sure that will just eat even more into the 1500.00 retainer we had to pay.  But we will see, I'll keep updating on the dinos here and the park.   I'm hoping to get four new dinos this year done :  Half body Giganotosaurus, Dracorex, the Cryolophosaurus and Corythosaurus..probably not in that order.  I'd say that's all I can manage, I have two fish ponds to rebuild that have leaks, and whatever I'm made to do by the county still.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.