News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

We have a new fundraiser on facebook here : https://www.facebook.com/donate/670381703541469/

If you've donated recently to the Gofundme one don't worry about it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 30, 2020, 01:22:07 AM
No need to read the whole thread, just start here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.msg239194#msg239194 looks like Blade has removed images but you'll get the big picture.
I read. So basically a entitled woman wants to close down your park because it does not meet the standards even though it does and she is just making your life miserable

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on June 30, 2020, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 30, 2020, 01:22:07 AM
No need to read the whole thread, just start here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.msg239194#msg239194 looks like Blade has removed images but you'll get the big picture.
I read. So basically a entitled woman wants to close down your park because it does not meet the standards even though it does and she is just making your life miserable

In a nutshell.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2020, 04:28:53 AM
In a nutshell.

That really sucks. I wish you the Best. Because you educate and create for other people and for yourself with this Project.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Everything she is complaining about is just..petty.  There is nothing on that list that really impacts health and safety.  She wants permits for our carport/picnic spot that's been there three years, that's 50.00, she wants one for the Dino Flintstones ride in a small 4x8' roofed shed with no walls, that's 50.00. A meeting with the board in August, that's 50.00.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2020, 04:17:45 PM
Everything she is complaining about is just..petty.  There is nothing on that list that really impacts health and safety.  She wants permits for our carport/picnic spot that's been there three years, that's 50.00, she wants one for the Dino Flintstones ride in a small 4x8' roofed shed with no walls, that's 50.00. A meeting with the board in August, that's 50.00.
jeez she giving me Lindsey Naegle vibes. always complaining and making people lives worse

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bad news first, then good news.

Continuing my fun with the Sullivan County Zoning Dept. As one of the conditions they gave us at court, I was to apply for a building permit for the existing, now 3 year old carport/picnic area and our "kiddie ride" I'm guessing our Flintstones Dino and the small 5x8 structure it's in which is now almost two years old. We went over last friday to apply for them, of course the office is closed up due to covid and we have to fill out forms and drop them in a box which we did. We called Monday to make sure we were on the BZA meeting for August, another condition or we go back to court. They told us the didn't have any paperwork for us. So we would need to resubmit. Last night I get an email from a secretary in that office, addressing me as my deceased grandfather, "Mr Watson" and saying the permits could not be granted until the BZA meeting on August 19th, which if I didn't fill out an attached form submit it and 53.00 by credit card over the phone we would not be able to be added to the list to talk to the BZA. I read this last night when I got home and we rushed through filling it out, I have no idea what most of these things they asked for are. Like Tax Map info, septic info, ect.. what do these have to do with paying for permits for the existing structures? We may not get this done on time and have to go back to court on August 31. I won't give out a credit card over the phone, I don't trust doing so. Especially not to the local government.   Finally had to run over there and drop off a check which I did photograph me doing.

Now some better stuff, new logo is done.

Corlen's strength is not dinosaurs, but it's a marked improvement over the old one.  Gonna try and get this on tshirts, decals, and a new sign.    I might have him try and make an allosaurus breaking through our logo for a new park centric  design. But maybe I can commission a board member to do the digital line art for him? Someone who knows Allosaurs..lol

Giga progress

Blade-of-the-Moon

New park logo I'm working on. An attempt to move away from more JP inspired design, while retaining a bit for nostalgia sake.

Shonisaurus

I wish you the best. I hope they don't close the park. On the other hand, the park logo looks great on you. Hopefully all your problems are solved.

Blade-of-the-Moon

We have a BZA meeting on the 19th that is intended to keep us out of court on the 31st.  After figuring out these problems, the  Planning and Zoning Director has actually sent out more inspectors to find other things wrong  that were previously fine. Now If we cant sort something out then the Terrors of the Deep exhibit and Velociraptor  Enclosure will have to be removed.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 10, 2020, 05:36:12 PM
We have a BZA meeting on the 19th that is intended to keep us out of court on the 31st.  After figuring out these problems, the  Planning and Zoning Director has actually sent out more inspectors to find other things wrong  that were previously fine. Now If we cant sort something out then the Terrors of the Deep exhibit and Velociraptor  Enclosure will have to be removed.

Now that it's the 31st, I hope things have gone your way.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2020, 08:18:51 PM

I'll second that.  I'm afraid I haven't been keeping abreast with this saga lately, but I really hope things improve.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2020, 08:18:51 PM

Well we went to court this morning. The BZA meeting as I had understood it was to get permits for our pre existing carport and Flintstone coin-op.  Turns out it's a "final determination " on the entire park. So there were more things added they want me to do and not do. 

At this point we are not allowed private events, no field trips or birthday parties until we build a restroom. I've been told no more growing the park with buildings or trails without BZA approval and a new site plan submitted.

I have not heard back from the fire marshal yet regarding the Terrors of the Deep and Velociraptor exhibits I provided some documentation on.  They may still need removal.

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteSo there were more things added they want me to do and not do.

... Oh boy. It would be okay as a Comedy, but it clearly isn't. It is rediculous. I hope in the End there will be something positive.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure where I can even put the pieces from those exhibits if I remove them. Most are motorized..might have to remove the motors and make them static.  The raptors that might work. How do display half a mosasaur and make it look realistic?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

ceratopsian

Very nice indeed. I wish I had one lurking at the top of my garden.

Tyto_Theropod

Beautiful colours on this guy!  The spot/gradient combo feels very natural and I love the warm palette.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Jose S.M.

Looks great. I wish the "dino" parks here in my country had sculpts that beautiful. Or at least updated, there are like 3 parks ( build within the last decade) with dinosaurs statues here and all of them look like they are from 30 years ago.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.