News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

How did you find the dinotoyforum?

Started by DinoToyForum, May 04, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did you find the dinotoyforum?

Via the Dinosaur Toy Blog
33 (41.3%)
Via the Dinosaur Toy Forum V1 Archive
6 (7.5%)
Directly via a search engine
24 (30%)
Via word of mouth
3 (3.8%)
From a link from another website
7 (8.8%)
Other
7 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 79

DinoToyForum

Here's a poll I always found interesting and useful on the old forum. Most V1 veterans have probably voted in the previous poll, but you can vote again here - I guess most of you found the new forum via the old forum (V1 archive).  I'm especially interested to know how our new members are finding us :)

If there are any votes for 'other', or links from other websites, I'd like to hear more details  C:-) 

stemturtle

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 04, 2012, 03:13:46 PM
Here's a poll I always found interesting and useful on the old forum. Most V1 veterans have probably voted in the previous poll, but you can vote again here - I guess most of you found the new forum via the old forum (V1 archive).  I'm especially interested to know how our new members are finding us :)

If there are any votes for 'other', or links from other websites, I'd like to hear more details  C:-)

For v.1, I found this site from the link on Randy's Dinosaur Collector site http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/, which names the DTF as "the other Dinosaur Collector site."  Then found v.2 from v.1.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stemturtle on May 04, 2012, 03:53:24 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 04, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

For v.1, I found this site from the link on Randy's Dinosaur Collector site http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/, which names the DTF as "the other Dinosaur Collector site."  Then found v.2 from v.1.

I guess Randy's reference to "the other Dinosaur Collector site" comes from the original URL of the Dinosaur Toy Blog, which was "dinosaurcollector.wordpress.com".  That was before I bought dinotoyblog.com. I should ask Randy to update his links as I notice he is still linking to the V1 Archive.

tyrantqueen

Looking for somewhere to purchase Papo figures (this was the early days, so they weren't so popular and widespread as they are now) and found this site 8)

Initially I was only interested in Papos but somehow things spiralled out of control...

stemturtle

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 04, 2012, 04:09:25 PM

I guess Randy's reference to "the other Dinosaur Collector site" comes from the original URL of the Dinosaur Toy Blog, which was "dinosaurcollector.wordpress.com".  That was before I bought dinotoyblog.com. I should ask Randy to update his links as I notice he is still linking to the V1 Archive.

You are correct, Adam, about the reference to our Blog as "the other dinosaur site." Don't you love that?  I see that that our Forum is "a great place for the latest releases."  Thank you for correcting this info.
I notice that his link "Contact us," on the bottom of the link page, does not work.  His email is [email protected].

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

SBell

I found out about it from Tomhet during a deal from another site.

DinoToyForum

I voted for 'other' as I didn't find the forum, I created it  O:-)

Thagirion

From V1. I did a yahoo search for my JP stuffed raptor and found that forum.  Was disapointed it was closed but then found the link to this one. I liked the layout of the old one better so  I feel I missed out. But my dino love has only recently been rekindled and quite strongly.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

DinoFan45

From v1. I originally found the forum either by LITC, or by searching around. Looked through it. And thought I should join.
"Life will find a way."

Pilkington

I found the Dinotoyforum from the link you posted at Dinoworld shortly after you created the forums.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

CityRaptor

Found it ( v1 ) and the blog separately while searching about info on the Dinotales series. However I was a lurker back then, not joining till v2.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

I found the Dinosaur Toy Forum because if The Dinosaur Toy Blog.
When I was smaller I liked to search for figures in the internet,and when I searched for a figure,appeared a review of it in the Dinosaur Toy Blog.Then I found that the Dino Toy Blog  had a forum,so that's the reason.

Jetoar

I found the forum when I was looking images of dinosaur figures, collections and reviews of my knew brands and one day, I found the forum ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

alexeratops

Actually, I forgot. I think i was looking up cool dinosaur sites or something.
like a bantha!

Balaur

I was looking up what new releases Safari was coming out with in 2011, and found V1. I followed it for a while and almost joined but then didn't. After a year I found V2, thought that the people here where friendly, and joined.  ;)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

When I was about to purchase a new model on amazon, I looked for a review, found the DTB, liked it, and then found the DTF.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

docronnie

Found the forum while I was browsing for dinosaur toys.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Zhuchengotyrant

Found it when I was searching for dinosaur dioramas when I was 9. I stumbled upon the 2012 results. I left until I decided to see if there was a 2013 contest. There was and I made an account.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Quen

I put "other" because I don't remember exactly how I found the forum, but I have a strong suspicion I found it while looking for pictures of collections and figures on google.

0thebigwytec5

This forum was recommended to me by a close friend on the jptoys.com forum.

I was a lurker for quite some time on the old forum before I decided to join. I am still more of a lurker than poster, but I definitely love reading all of the information posted. This forum is a great asset to the community.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.