News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

How did you find the dinotoyforum?

Started by DinoToyForum, May 04, 2012, 03:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did you find the dinotoyforum?

Via the Dinosaur Toy Blog
33 (41.3%)
Via the Dinosaur Toy Forum V1 Archive
6 (7.5%)
Directly via a search engine
24 (30%)
Via word of mouth
3 (3.8%)
From a link from another website
7 (8.8%)
Other
7 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 79

DinoLord

Found the blog and subsequently the forum when googling the Papo Allosaurus years ago, and haven't turned back since

DinoToyForum

People have come across the forum in a diversity of ways.

I suppose I should also add social media to the list of options now that we are on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, but I don't know how fruitful those avenues really are.

Manatee

I first found the blog, and the forum via the blog, by searching for my Schleich Edmontonia figure (my first, and for many years only, collectible figure) on Google earlier this year. You can certainly say my collecting has been out of control since then.

Arul

First i just looking for some idea for diorama for my dinosaur figure,then i found this forum :D

stargatedalek

I've been watching the blog for a few years now, and eventually just figured I might as well check out the forum

ITdactyl

A Google image search (I can't remember if it was for kaiyodo dinosaurs or something else) brought me to the v1 forums.

TJ_Terrorsaur

I found this wonderful place when I was looking for a remedy for sticky figures. Now I'm a member and I love it here. ^_^

alexeratops

I think it was an image search source, I think, but I can't be sure, it was so long ago!! :)
like a bantha!

BlueKrono

As with many, I found it through a Google image search for rarer figures I didn't have. I was thrilled to find such an extensive trove of tantalizing treasures.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Flaffy

I found this forum while searching for the elusive Bullyland edaphosaurus and stumbled into the forum, back then, I only knew about JP and Chinasaurs. Sad times...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 05, 2016, 09:48:33 AM
an extensive trove of tantalizing treasures.

Now there's a great tagline for the forum!

BlueKrono

Why thank you. I do enjoy language, being fluent in 3... working on 6. Feel free to use that phrase; I'll cancel the impending copyright on it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 05, 2016, 10:41:41 AM
Why thank you. I do enjoy language, being fluent in 3... working on 6. Feel free to use that phrase; I'll cancel the impending copyright on it.

;D

Derek.McManus

Google search for something related threw up the link!

Jose S.M.

I found the blog while looking for info of figures that I saw on Amazon and from there I got to the blog.

laticauda

I found my way to the forum by way of the DTB.  Since the information and reviews on the DTB were really useful for me, I never thought to check out the forum.  I was actually submitting reviews for a while before I even checked out the forum to see what it was about. 

Tylosaurus

Well I found my way to DTF V1 via my friend Tedty aka DTF member (dinoridersworld.com) ;he made a topic that we were moving to an other community for us to continue at, it was something like this.
Here that old thread btw on August 05, 2010:
http://dinoridersmessageboard.yuku.com/topic/631/DINO-RIDERS-FORUM-IS-MOVING#.WNmIrMolFaQ

Tedty also made this thread on the top of the main forum page:

DINO RIDERS FORUM IS MOVING
DINO RIDERS FORUM IS MOVING TO: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dinoriders START POSTING!!!

Which lead to this place DTF V1 :)
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/board/7

And via that us DR peole were either PM'ed by Tedty or Dr Admin (dinotoyforum) to migrate to the new DTF V2 site which is where we all are now 8)

As for the Dino-Riders Community, I dunno if there are any of them around here still, it's all so long ago.
Good news is that Tedty did get back to me via email about  a week ago, I just miss the old days when Ted and I were posting things in the DR forums and all, many good memories.
DR collecting was more of a thing back then, it kind of died off these days.

Ah well so much has changed as time moved on, I think some of you can relate to that.

ITdactyl

A lot of us already answered this question in our introductory posts, but I figured it'd be good to have a recollection thread.

What brought you to the dinosaur toy blog/forum?

To start, I was looking for pictures of Kaiyodo Dinotales figures (and a way to buy them); browsed through the Google search results and found this wonderful forum.

The funny part, it took me a few months to realize there's a nice review blog associated with the forum.  ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 16, 2017, 08:33:14 PM
A lot of us already answered this question in our introductory posts, but I figured it'd be good to have a recollection thread.

What brought you to the dinosaur toy blog/forum?

To start, I was looking for pictures of Kaiyodo Dinotales figures (and a way to buy them); browsed through the Google search results and found this wonderful forum.

The funny part, it took me a few months to realize there's a nice review blog associated with the forum.  ;D

Topics merged  C:-)
---

Ha, funny how you found the blog via the forum, not the other way around!  :))

ITdactyl

Ha!  I had a feeling I should've done a bit more searching to check for the same topic. 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.