News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Amazon.com

Started by Takama, May 04, 2012, 11:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 04, 2015, 02:45:03 PM
A lorry with a plesiosaur on it. But why!?

http://www.amazon.com/TAKARA-TOMICA-Plesiosaur-Carrier-Limited/dp/B00SG5GGFY

I'm guessing that you need it anyway? After all, it's the only Takara TOMY plesiosaur I'm aware of!

CityRaptor

This reminds me of something I saw when searching Hobby Link Japan:
http://www.hlj.com/product/tkt35966/Aut

Obviously a model of a truck transporting a Dinosaur model...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Patrx

Interesting! Perhaps somebody just felt really inspired by the sight of a truck transporting a life-sized fiberglass dinosaur to a museum?

DinoToyForum

Takama

I had that on my wish list for a while, but I decided that Large Plush animals would be a hassle in my house.

DinoToyForum

Jurassic World lego is now available from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jurassic+world+lego

It would be nice to feature reviews of these on the blog if anyone is interested?

DinoToyForum

I was looking up JW and found a proper dinosaur action figure! Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech: LR-022 Tyrannosaurus Figure

Halichoeres

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 04, 2015, 03:09:03 PM
You are right that is silly, where are the cargo straps?

Ha. I don't know how this joke went unremarked.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 05, 2015, 07:48:05 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on March 04, 2015, 03:09:03 PM
You are right that is silly, where are the cargo straps?

Ha. I don't know how this joke went unremarked.

Finally!!! Someone with a similar sense of humour must be our museum backgrounds.

'cause you know if you worked in some museum departments you had to have shipped some odd shipments, like this one. That's me on the left in the green shirt. I even got to ride on the flat bed and give my best royal wave to onlookers.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 05, 2015, 10:12:42 PM

Finally!!! Someone with a similar sense of humour must be our museum backgrounds.

'cause you know if you worked in some museum departments you had to have shipped some odd shipments, like this one. That's me on the left in the green shirt. I even got to ride on the flat bed and give my best royal wave to onlookers.

Maybe it's just that we're so used to just being able to press the "like" button we forget to acknowledge jokes.

I actually haven't sent that many weird things from the museum myself, but other people here definitely do. Visiting exhibits look like quite the ordeal. The weirdest shipments I've dealt with were when I worked retail.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

I wish my museum "career" was exciting as yours! I spent an afternoon helping feed the live galleries turtles are garter snakes :P

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

The National Geographic Stegosaurus is actually quite respectable: http://amzn.to/1ULienc

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 07, 2016, 07:36:47 PM
The National Geographic Stegosaurus is actually quite respectable

Alas, only because it is a duplicate of the Wild Safari version:

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Patrx on April 07, 2016, 07:42:35 PM

Alas, only because it is a duplicate of the Wild Safari version:

So it is! Is it a knock-off then, or is this a Safari Ltd endorsed product?

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 07, 2016, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: Patrx on April 07, 2016, 07:42:35 PM

Alas, only because it is a duplicate of the Wild Safari version

So it is! Is it a knock-off then, or is this a Safari Ltd endorsed product?

Good question! Maybe I can find out. I might guess there's some bootlegging going on, but maybe I just get that impression because the box says "Triceratops".

CityRaptor

National Geographic: Triceratops...Stegosaurus....Kids will never notice the difference!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.