News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New on Amazon.com

Started by Takama, May 04, 2012, 11:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 07, 2016, 08:33:10 PM
National Geographic: Triceratops...Stegosaurus....Kids will never notice the difference!

Well, they do have the same number of legs, so you can't blame them for getting a bit mixed up.

DinoToyForum

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 08, 2016, 09:04:12 AM
New series of PNSO dinosaurs on Amazon.

http://amzn.to/2c0tPAP

Great! But Amazon still doesn't accept PayPal, right? So, not great...  :-\

DinoToyForum

Here, too, is the larger scale 'Age of the Dinosaurs' series by PNSO: http://amzn.to/2cGdFbi

Roselaar

Created an account on Amazon and tried, against hope, to order some PNSO figures. Failed, because Amazon keeps insisting on using creditcards. I noticed US users can also use their bank account. Is there any way for non US users to pay via bank account rather than creditcards?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on September 09, 2016, 02:45:25 PM
Created an account on Amazon and tried, against hope, to order some PNSO figures. Failed, because Amazon keeps insisting on using creditcards. I noticed US users can also use their bank account. Is there any way for non US users to pay via bank account rather than creditcards?

Hmm, the only way I've noticed that I can use my bank account is by using my bank card as a credit card. I haven't tried any other means. However, I can specify any address I want (I've had Amazon ship things to Australia for friends who were conducting fieldwork there). If you wanted, and if you can't find a way to use a bank card on the site, I could use my card to ship to your address and you could PayPal me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 09, 2016, 02:48:55 PM

Hmm, the only way I've noticed that I can use my bank account is by using my bank card as a credit card. I haven't tried any other means. However, I can specify any address I want (I've had Amazon ship things to Australia for friends who were conducting fieldwork there). If you wanted, and if you can't find a way to use a bank card on the site, I could use my card to ship to your address and you could PayPal me.

Maybe I should try again. However, I had to specify a state and I didn't get a chance to change the country, so I doubt Amazon has users outside of the US in mind. If all else fails, I might very well take you up on your offer, thanks! ;) PNSO is rapidly becoming a fabulous line and I'd hate to miss out on them due to technicalities like these.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on September 09, 2016, 03:51:13 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 09, 2016, 02:48:55 PM

Maybe I should try again. However, I had to specify a state and I didn't get a chance to change the country, so I doubt Amazon has users outside of the US in mind. If all else fails, I might very well take you up on your offer, thanks! ;) PNSO is rapidly becoming a fabulous line and I'd hate to miss out on them due to technicalities like these.

Check out DeJankins's blog, too. There may be another way soon.

Takama

Here the trick

You buy amazon gift cards at the store and use them to buy what you need.  That's how I been shopping on there since 2010.   It keeps a separate ballance of giftcard money and no credit card is required.

You can evean use amazon gift cards made for there kindles to buy stuff.   

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on September 10, 2016, 06:33:27 AM

Here the trick

You buy amazon gift cards at the store and use them to buy what you need.  That's how I been shopping on there since 2010.   It keeps a separate ballance of giftcard money and no credit card is required.

Seems like more trouble than it should be. However, if it's my best option I'll sure try it. Thanks!

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on September 10, 2016, 03:01:03 PM

Here the trick

Seems like more trouble than it should be. However, if it's my best option I'll sure try it. Thanks!

Gift cards come in different colors and designs, most go as low as $25 but there are some that let you put the amount you want on them (with a bare minimum)   Its the only way i shop online, and Amazon records it every time you use them(the record for mine is pretty damn long, and it goes all the way back to 2010)  Dont be afraid to use them. I know its a little more expensive in some cases, but at least your credit card info will be safe with you.   

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on September 12, 2016, 06:55:54 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on September 10, 2016, 03:01:03 PM

Here the trick

Gift cards come in different colors and designs, most go as low as $25 but there are some that let you put the amount you want on them (with a bare minimum)   Its the only way i shop online, and Amazon records it every time you use them(the record for mine is pretty damn long, and it goes all the way back to 2010)  Dont be afraid to use them. I know its a little more expensive in some cases, but at least your credit card info will be safe with you.

I'll give it another thought. But how do you pay for these gift cards? Can you use PayPal?

BlueKrono

In the store you can literally pay for them with coinage as in the days of olde. They sell them at every drugstore and general shopping store here in the States.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

That one might be useful if you ever want to fight off Kurt Russel in Chinatown.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 04, 2017, 07:46:12 AM
Strangest looking Ouranosaurus I've ever seen.

https://www.amazon.com/CollectA-Ouranosaurus-figure-doll-parallel/dp/B01KPHYSPA/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1483515808&sr=8-29&keywords=ouranosaurus

Product description: It's shipped off from Japan.

Well that explains it.

Is this one based on recent research of Ouranosaurus? It's very different from previous reconstructions, but like Spinosaurus, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 04, 2017, 11:16:13 AM

https://www.amazon.com/CollectA-Ouranosaurus-figure-doll-parallel/dp/B01KPHYSPA/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1483515808&sr=8-29&keywords=ouranosaurus

Well that explains it.

Is this one based on recent research of Ouranosaurus? It's very different from previous reconstructions, but like Spinosaurus, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

I'll take it Ouranosarus is now regarded as an extremely early primate, then? New discoveries never fail to surprise me! :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 04, 2017, 08:58:33 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 04, 2017, 11:16:13 AM

Well that explains it.

I'll take it Ouranosarus is now regarded as an extremely early primate, then? New discoveries never fail to surprise me! :))

No, it's an exceptionally good example of convergent evolution :P

BlueKrono

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.