News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA Smilodon

Started by Smilodon rex, September 15, 2015, 04:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilodon rex

I was just wondering if anyone has the new CollectA Smilodon yet? If so, how does it look in reality - as good as the pictures?

Side note: I wish someone would make a Smilodon with its mouth closed. EVERY SINGLE ONE has its mouth gaping open. Not only would it make a change, but a closed mouth would illustrate the length of the fangs by showing them projecting below the lower jaw.

John

There's a review on the blog by Suspy that shows pictures at several angles of it.  :)

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Roselaar

I got it. It's great, but not as good as the stock photos. Still one of the best Smilodon toys around though.

Jetoar

I have it and it is really beautiful  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Shonisaurus

I also have and is the best in the toy market from my point of view inspired by works of paleoartists as Mauricio Anton.

RobinGoodfellow

For me the best Smilodon is from AAA:

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 16, 2015, 10:13:47 PM
For me the best Smilodon is from AAA:

Certainly this figure looks impressive.

terrorchicken

sorry to hijack your smilodon thread, but I found these on ebay, anyone else have these, and know what size they are?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-ANIA-AL-10-Saber-Tiger-with-Neanderthal-Man-Action-Figure-/281794285977?hash=item419c3f9199

Im looking for a smilodon thats bigger than a Kaiyodo/Safari tube size but smaller than the Wild Safari/standard Collecta/Bullyland sizes. This might fit the bill.

They have a mammoth, plesiosaur and some dinos too.

Simon

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 17, 2015, 08:20:57 PM
sorry to hijack your smilodon thread, but I found these on ebay, anyone else have these, and know what size they are?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-ANIA-AL-10-Saber-Tiger-with-Neanderthal-Man-Action-Figure-/281794285977?hash=item419c3f9199

Im looking for a smilodon thats bigger than a Kaiyodo/Safari tube size but smaller than the Wild Safari/standard Collecta/Bullyland sizes. This might fit the bill.

They have a mammoth, plesiosaur and some dinos too.

Nice little action figures.  Takara really makes some nice toys and models, across the board.  Their 1/700 ships for example are fabulous.

terrorchicken

Japan just makes great dinosaur stuff! even stufff aimed for kids is usually nicer than stuff made in other countries.

DC

I have it and it is a nice piece.  Not too lion like.  Smilodon was on the edge of the cat family genetically distinct so I want it to look different.  The teeth, long fore legs mean it was doing business in a different way so should look different.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Smilodon rex

Thank you all for your replies. I actually got this model today for my birthday! It is pretty nice, but not quite as good as the stock photos (they never are, are they?). One of my personal favourite Smilodon figures is Mojo Fun's most recent one - closest I've found to a closed mouth! I really hope Schleich and Papo do new ones soon, especially Schleich since their current one is utterly dreadful.

Flaffy

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but does anyone know which species of Smilodon are the 2015 CollectA and Safari ltd figures based on?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.