News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2015 - Results

Started by DinoToyForum, October 28, 2015, 07:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The voting is over and the results are in for the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2015, sponsored by CollectA! It was an especially close contest to the very end, but three dioramas took the top three spots convincingly in the end. The fight for the top three honourable mentions was tighter! Congratulations to all the winners and honourable mentions, and to all the participants, voters, and our sponsors CollectA. The results are as follows:

1st place. Diorama 4. Jurassic Titans, by Carnosaur

2nd place. Diorama 25. Ferns for breakfast again, by irimali

3rd place. Diorama 8. Uninvited guests, by dreadmane

Congratulations to all three prize winners! There are also three honourable mentions in 4th, 5th, and 6th place respectively:

Honourable mention 1. Diorama 47. Blue lagoon, by Bokisaurus

Honourable mention 2. Diorama 19. The day Jimi HendRex couldn't find his guitar..., by Dinomike

Honourable mention 3. Diorama 6. Family of the forest, by triceratops83

Thanks again to everyone who participated to help make this the biggest contest to date - more entries (65) and more voters (197) than ever before. There were so many excellent dioramas this year and the battle amongst the top three was incredibly tight, with each of them sitting in first place at various stages of the voting process! There was just one vote between 6th place and 7th place. I'll be in touch with the winners to arrange their prizes in due course. Lastly, thanks again to CollectA, for sponsoring us!

Silvanusaurus

Wow, I did not see that line up coming at all!   

Takama

I was hoping Uninvited Guests would at least get an Honorable mention.   I never thought it would be third place :o

Simon

Well I voted for numbers 1, 2 and honorable mention 3.  I am surprised that neither of the "in motion" dios made it (The ones with the Sega Red Trex and the Papo Carnotaurus chasing smaller critters).  I also loved the one with the Papo Allosaurus and Apatosaurus.

With this many entries (and votes) there were bound to be some surprises. 

Congratulations to the winners!

Tapejara1122

WOW! I wasnt expecting that at all! Congrats guys! I stood no chance!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Simon

Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2015, 08:20:59 PM
I was hoping Uninvited Guests would at least get an Honorable mention.   I never thought it would be third place :o

Creativity is sometimes rewarded, it certainly stood out from the others.  I guess there are more "mammal lovers" around here than you figured!

Everything_Dinosaur

Congratulations to the winners and for everyone who took part, such a high standard this year.

Arul

Yeahhh congratulations to our winner !!! I vote for 2nd and 3rd winner :D agreed with Simon, i love the uninvited guest the most, the idea is completely different from the other diorama.

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 28, 2015, 08:29:40 PM
Congratulations to the winners and for everyone who took part, such a high standard this year.

Yes...need up to 70 votes to reach top 3  :o

Carnosaur

Quote from: Simon on October 28, 2015, 08:24:23 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2015, 08:20:59 PM

Creativity is sometimes rewarded, it certainly stood out from the others.  I guess there are more "mammal lovers" around here than you figured!

Oh wow!
I was not expecting more than a honorable mention. I'm totally floored.
Carnivore pics usually rule the roost ya know.
As for the mammals I was one of those who voted for the bear pic. we just dont see enough prehistoric mammals.

Jetoar

Wonderful, I voted second and third winners, congrats for them  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ITdactyl

ahahahaha... I guess my taste really is different... only got 1 out of the 6.  Congratulations to the winners!

postsaurischian

My number one got second place and my number two got first :). Seven of my ten votes are in the top ten.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I did not expect these results. Congratulations to the winners!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Federreptil

Warm Congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions. You deserve it so much because every picture is such a fine work. And for all fans of real dioramas especially the second place must be balm for their spirit.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Gwangi

I didn't expect these results either. At least not the winning picture. I voted for 2 and 3 and predicted "Uninvited Guests" could win, it was certainly among my favorites. Loved that dio! 

irimali

I have a few favorites I wanted to mention.  #8-"Unexpected Guests" i thought was unique and a very well done photo. 

#33-"Here Comes Trouble" had some nice jurassic  period appropriate vegetation. The handmade miniature cycads and conifers blend well with the outdoor background.  And the interaction between the models is convincing too.

Same for #43-"Confronting the Raging Tyrants."  Nice model interaction and good use of small plants to keep a sense of scale.

#57-"His Domain/Triassic Sunset" is a very natural feeling shot of animals in their environment.  And I realize I keep mentioning plants but the moss used in the foreground works well as a scaled down version of triassic club mosses like lycopodites.

#60-"Gardeners of the River".  Again, dinosaurs in a fitting dinosaur era environment.  Whatever the ground cover plant is it looks like ferns and the branches in the foreground work as a miniature conifer like podocarpus.  My favorite of the outdoor shots.

# 64-"Terror Stalks Lakeside".  If we had voted based on seeing the dioramas in person, rather than in photos I think it would have won.  It's a whole handmade (and accurate) environment. 

laticauda

I only voted for two, my kids voted for the rest.  I was happy to see "Ferns for breakfast again" get second, it was one of the two I voted for, I just loved it.  Great job to everybody and congrats to the winners. 

suspsy

Have to say, I too am surprised by some of these results. Perhaps this will inspire more prehistoric mammal entries next year!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

Congratulations everyone! Four out of these six I had in my top ten pics, with first place also being my number one pick. It's just so beautifully and realistically majestic. Nice job, Carnosaur! :D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.