News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativtek

Hello,

at first I wanted to create a new topic just to ask you for a photo of Papo Brachiosaurus and Schleich 2009 Apatosaurus next to each other, but then I realized that such thread could be useful to other users who are thinking about buying a new model but are not sure how it will compare to other figures. Size and general consistency are two very important factors when it comes to buying new dinosaur figures - nobody wants a collection of weird-looking figures that look terrible next to each other. Comparisons are particularly useful for collectors like me who live in countries where most figures are not available and are forced to buy them online.

Let me start. Could somebody post a size comparison between Papo's Brachiosaurus and Schleich Apatosaurus from 2009? I want to see how big is the latter.

PaleoMatt

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

RobinGoodfellow

...also in this picture you can compare the Papo Brachio with other dinos:

Have a nice day  :)

Everything_Dinosaur

suspsy

Copperbrow, Roughskull, Firestreak, and Thintail rehearsing their latest number. Thintail is unaware that he is dangerously close to being kicked out of the band.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Seems like a good idea for a thread :) I can help out :)

I'll take more when I can. I don't want to spam the forum with pics.

sauroid

it's cool that the Papo and Schleich Brachiosaurus are the same size (i only have the Schleich one).
can anyone post a side by side pic of the Papo Apatosaurus and the WS one? (i have the WS)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

kreativtek

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on November 22, 2015, 10:54:03 AM
...also in this picture you can compare the Papo Brachio with other dinos:

Have a nice day  :)

Woah, thanks a ton! I bought the Apatosaurus as a Christmas gift and I was curious how it will scale to my Brachiosaurus and other Papo dinosaurs.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on November 22, 2015, 01:04:22 PM
it's cool that the Papo and Schleich Brachiosaurus are the same size (i only have the Schleich one).
can anyone post a side by side pic of the Papo Apatosaurus and the WS one? (i have the WS)

..et voilà:

:D

MLMjp

I think I´m going to request a lot of comparisons here..... >:D

sauroid

thanks RobinGoodfellows. you might get a Schleich Apatosaurus with the other Apatosaurus figures in one pic request. ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Between RobinGoodFellows and Bokisaurus, there are probably comparison shots for most pairwise comparisons one could ask for...

Great idea for a thread, kreativetek!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Nearly every figure I've bought or photographed in the past few months, a lot of comparisons among them:
http://michell-vall.deviantart.com/gallery/54299989/Figures-and-Dioramas?offset=0

If any of these are actually helpful they can be used.

RobinGoodfellow

It's about a month that I'm thinking about taking group shots of my dino-collection.
Unfortunately I didn't have so much time because of my work...  :-\
But this thread gave me some nice ideas...  ;)

See you SOON  8)

Bokisaurus

Good idea :)
I have so many comparison shot, but here are a few of my favorites, hope this helps ;)
[
[
[
[

Some Oldies but goodies of some of my collection :D
[

You can look at some of the specific group threads if you want more photos ;D
Cheers!

RobinGoodfellow

@ Bokisaurus:  since V1 Forum I always looked at your collection with great admiration; it's really wonderful  :o

suspsy

Firestreak, Shankbill, Waddles, and Paddles. It still amazes me how insanely BIG that pterosaur is!

G'nash, Scrape, Hookjaw, Scrap, and Stabber.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

kreativtek

Oh, you've got the greatest collection, Bokisaurus. Your photos helped me a lot at the beginning of my adventure with dinosaur collectibles.

Quote from: suspsy on November 22, 2015, 08:35:09 PM
Firestreak, Shankbill, Waddles, and Paddles. It still amazes me how insanely BIG that pterosaur is!

G'nash, Scrape, Hookjaw, Scrap, and Stabber.

Gorgeous figure! I'm still wondering if I did the right thing by ordering the Schleich Apatosaurus instead of this big guy. It'd sit on my desk as a pet.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.