News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA Feathered Tyrannosaurus Rex

Started by Dobber, January 30, 2016, 11:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Hello, many of you have probably seen the preview pictures of my customized CollectA feathered T-Rex. List of modifications I made are:

1) Trimmed down the Mohawk
2) Added/bulked up the feathering around the back if the skull plus changed the style of feathering in that area.
3) Added thin light feathering around the fenestra and at the back of the lower jaw.
4) Filled in all gaps around the head and legs.
5) Full repaint

The color scheme I chose is based on the Bearded Vulture. Here are the pictures. Hope you all like him, I call him the "Big Chief"

Compairisoncompairison pictures with a Stock CollectA Feathered Rex

Circling each other....Rivals!

Good head compairisons:

Leg gaps fixed:

Thanks for looking!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Libraraptor

Incredible! Great job! What a cool and credible T.rex!!!

terrorchicken

Viking Spawn

Yours looks soooooo much better than the original! 

AcroSauroTaurus

You did a really good job! it looks really cool.
I am the Dinosaur King!

SBell

That's a really cool repaint, nice work!

ceratopsian

Beautifully done.  I love your choice of colour scheme.

Silvanusaurus

An inspiring piece, a truly fantastic transformation that brings out the best qualities of the original figure.  Bravo! :D

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Rain

Take note CollectA  ;) Phenomenal job Dobber I look forward to seeing your spinosaurus  :D

Pachyrhinosaurus

As I said in the other thread, that is a real improvement! A very nice and naturalistic color scheme.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dilopho

Not sure where else to post this. You may have seen that my T. rex has a really warped jaw, and that's not a problem, but now it is loose from just sitting on my shelf wide open. What do?

suspsy

Very impressive, very impressive indeed! If CollectA were to rerelease their T. rex in a paint scheme like this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Mamasaurus

That is truly stunning!  I love what you did to it. Really makes the figure look more natural  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Dobber

Thanks  ;)

I am actually working on the Spinosaurus....but it deffinately needs more work. I like how the sail came out but the body needs more work. Waiting for the "yureka!" moment to pull it all together.

Chris

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dobber on February 22, 2016, 01:23:15 AM
Thanks  ;)

I am actually working on the Spinosaurus....but it deffinately needs more work. I like how the sail came out but the body needs more work. Waiting for the "yureka!" moment to pull it all together.

Chris

Can you show us any progress pics of the Spino yet? Or are you still keeping us in suspense? ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

CarnegieCollector

I love it! I like it ALOT better than the normal collecta T. rex. I hate their choice of coloring on their Rex. Good work!
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

smashtoad

I'm not a big feathers guy when it comes to the giant therapods.....but I love it....bravo.

Dobber

Thanks guys, sorry I didn't notice your posts earlier  O:-)

Chris

Derek.McManus

Very impressive work the colour scheme is superb!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.