News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2016

Started by stargatedalek, January 31, 2016, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

It's time to take off your lens caps!
I'm pleased to announce The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2016 is now open!

The winning dinosaur diorama of the 2015 contest: Jurassic Titans, by Carnosaur

Rules and regulations

The rules and regulations for the 2016 contest are as follows:

-Entry is free.

-All members of The Dinosaur Toy Forum, including staff, are invited to participate. Non-members wishing to participate are invited to register to the forum, this is free.

-Dioramas have to feature prehistoric creatures: from trilobites to Triceratops, it doesn't matter, so long as it is prehistoric.

-The deadline for entries is Sunday 31st July 2016. (Entries received after 23:59 hours (11.59pm) AST on 31st July will be invalid.)

-One diorama per member. Once submitted it cannot be exchanged for an alternative entry.

-Entries must be accompanied by a creative title.

-Dioramas have to be new (never published on the web before) and you must have produced the diorama yourself. Stealing somebody else's diorama will result in disqualification.

Photoshop is allowed, but the original photograph(s) must be your own. Using somebody else's photographs will result in disqualification.

Winners There will be three winners in first, second and third place respectively (no joint positions). These will be selected by a poll open to all Dinosaur Toy Forum members (there will be no professional judges) to take place shortly after the closing date. In the event of a tie for any position, a tie-break poll will be created. There will also be three additional honourable mentions.

-Prizes. Each winner will receive a copy of The Tyrannosaur Chronicles by David Hone. Thanks to David Hone and Bloomsbury Sigma for providing the prizes.

How to enter

-Entries will remain anonymous until the winners are announced. For this reason we request that entrants do no watermark or sign their entries.

-Entries should be submitted as a .jpg file 1000px wide.

-Entries should be sent via email as an attachment to [email protected]. The email title should read as follows: "dinosaur diorama contest 2016 – [forum username]", and the email body should include the diorama title.

You can take inspiration from the previous diorama contest entries on The Dinosaur Toy Forum version 1 archive here (2010), here (2009) and here (2008), and on The Dinosaur Toy Forum here (2012), here (2013), here (2014), and here (2015).

Questions and queries can be posted as a comment below, or by email to [email protected].

You can help spread the word with a signature or make one yourself, and of course remember to have a grand time!

DinoToyForum

Kayakasaurus

Awesome! Thank you for doing this this year Stargatedalek!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

PaleoMatt

Bokisaurus

Awesome! Thanks for taking the lead on this year's contest, We all appreciate it.
The contest is one that is always fun and highly anticipated even if there are no prizes! Looking forward to this years!

Libraraptor

Oops,  ::) This time I must not miss participating... ^-^

Dilopho

I'm not sure if I'll participate this year- I live in North East England and there is NOWHERE to take good photos. The T. rex beach scene I took last year was only because I was already going to the beach.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for managing the contest this year, Stargatedalek, I know I'll send in an entry!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on January 31, 2016, 07:12:20 PM
I'm not sure if I'll participate this year- I live in North East England and there is NOWHERE to take good photos. The T. rex beach scene I took last year was only because I was already going to the beach.

Wherever you are in England there is somewhere that interesting miniature natural landscapes can be found, you may just need to be more imaginative. Otherwise, you could always make your own diorama. I think that's what I will do this year, I'm going to go all out.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 31, 2016, 11:33:18 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on January 31, 2016, 07:12:20 PM

Wherever you are in England there is somewhere that interesting miniature natural landscapes can be found, you may just need to be more imaginative. Otherwise, you could always make your own diorama. I think that's what I will do this year, I'm going to go all out.

My submission last year took place in a potted plant  ^-^
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Arul

Lets gooo !! :D thank you Star. Btw what is <strong>how to enter</strong> means ?

MLMjp

Deadline in Sunday 31st July 2016? ???

Did not the other contest had it´s deadline in September? Why so soon this time? ???

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Arul on February 01, 2016, 12:33:27 AM
Lets gooo !! :D thank you Star. Btw what is <strong>how to enter</strong> means ?

html code, my fault. Deleted!

stargatedalek

Quote from: MLMjp on February 01, 2016, 06:07:25 PM

Did not the other contest had it´s deadline in September? Why so soon this time? ???
I'm uncertain if I'll be able to continue managing the contest when I start college, so as a precaution it ends in the summer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for doin' the job this year, Dalek, will definetly participate :)

MLMjp

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 01, 2016, 08:19:44 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 01, 2016, 06:07:25 PM

I'm uncertain if I'll be able to continue managing the contest when I start college, so as a precaution it ends in the summer. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for clarifying
Actual it can be inconvenient. I might try to enter this year, but I don't know if I will be able to find a good place to shoot, and maybe I would not be until august when I can go somewhere. But who knows........

Megalosaurus

I'll enter, but no prices? I'll be pretty happy if someone do the old golden, silver and bronce signature banner for the winners.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Federreptil

Thank you so much – Stargatedalek – for starting this years contest! :)) I would have missed this fun – even I don't know so far how to finish my high ambitious plan till summer. It's so wonderful you will take all the efforts to organize our all pleasure. 8)

I am an advocate for 'no prizes - the honor is more valuable'. I need no sponsor or hardware-prizes to be motivated. But if someone likes a gold, silver, bronze banner for winning - we can talk about it.  ::)

Archinto

Would i be able to post my coelophysis sculpture as an entry here or would it he considered "pre published" as i essentially built it in the public eye, but the diorama just isnt finished. I wouldnt mind making a different sculpture in secret for my entry, but jus curious mainly if id be able to use the coelophysis diorama In a pinch so long as the completed form isnt posted prior to entry...
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Arul

Quote from: Archinto on March 22, 2016, 09:28:27 PM
Would i be able to post my coelophysis sculpture as an entry here or would it he considered "pre published" as i essentially built it in the public eye, but the diorama just isnt finished. I wouldnt mind making a different sculpture in secret for my entry, but jus curious mainly if id be able to use the coelophysis diorama In a pinch so long as the completed form isnt posted prior to entry...
Emm you mean posting the "work in progress" phase of your diorama for contest ? I think its fine as long as it doesnt spoiled your real diorama which you use as an entry for the contest

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.