News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2016

Started by stargatedalek, January 31, 2016, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Turret on May 23, 2016, 08:42:58 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 23, 2016, 01:09:54 AM
Quote from: Turret on May 22, 2016, 04:14:59 PM
Just a quick question. Are we suposed to get a confirmation e-mail when we send our entries?
Sorry, that's on me. I wasn't sending confirmations but if you ever want to be extra sure just ask.

I sent mine in on the 10th of this month. Did it arrive?

Stargatedalek, you should probably send confirmation emails to everyone. Just copy/paste a message. It will assure participants that their emails came through and avoid you having to deal with follow up queries such as Turret's. This will save you time and hassle in the long run, especially in the week or two before the deadline when the last-minute entries flow in. You won't want to be double-checking and sending confirmations then.

I also recommend you file and number the entries as they come in. Create a table with diorama number, title, email contact. Don't leave it to the last minute or entries may slip through the cracks, and it will become a daunting task.

This is the voice of experience speaking ;)

stargatedalek

I will start sending confirmations.

And don't worry, I've been keeping a table ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 23, 2016, 03:04:40 PM
I will start sending confirmations.

And don't worry, I've been keeping a table ;)

Great! :)

DinoToyForum

How's it going, Stargatedalek? Deadline fast approaching...

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Silvanusaurus

My diorama is done and dusted, and submitted (hopefully), I had a hard time chosing from all the photos I took, but I'm very happy with the result. I'm excited to see all the others!  :D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 14, 2016, 06:20:34 PM
How's it going, Stargatedalek? Deadline fast approaching...

Bump! Stargatedalek?

stargatedalek

Aah sorry! Everything's going smoothly. But not much time left to get entries together. ;)

Simon

Stargatedalek - Submission sent today!  Please confirm receipt whenever you get a chance ....

Kayakasaurus

Submitted! I can't wait to see everyone else's! Thanks again Stargatedalek!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Ramose

I had a great idea, worked hard on the diorama, did custom painted dinosaurs, the whole nine yards but in the end I was unhappy with the final results.  Not enough time to redo it so I'm just going to have to wait until next year. 

Federreptil

Dear Ramose, be not too harsh with your results. It should be also fun, so why you will wait one year? And maybe there is a fine close-up detail for a fine plan B.
I did not submitted the motif I had expected in the winter, but I'm so glad to miss not the finish line this year.
Now I can't wait to see a wide row of new ideas in this competition. So please send all your awesome brave weird looks of lost worlds.

Arul

Pachyrhinosaurus

If I send mine in it'll really be pushing the deadline. Perhaps I have mastered the art of procrastination.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 30, 2016, 01:17:10 AM
If I send mine in it'll really be pushing the deadline. Perhaps I have mastered the art of procrastination.
Don't worry about it, you've still got two whole days (and one half hour) left.

Some of the most fun I've had was going out and taking as many photos as I could and just enjoying nature without worrying about deadlines or plans, so don't be discouraged because two days is still enough time for anyone who hasn't entered yet.

suspsy

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to submit an entry. Between working and preparing for the midnight release party of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at one of my jobs, trying to arrange the building of a backyard fence and the finishing of the basement at my new house, spending time with my wife, spending time with friends, and hosting my in-laws this weekend, I simply haven't had time.:(

Perhaps next year.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Lanthanotus

Time's running.... can't wait to see all the entries :D

Dinomike

Submitted mine just in time - can't wait to see everyone's entries! This is a contest I always look forward to. Good luck everyone!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Simon

A tip for the folks who didn't have time to get one in;  in the future, when you do have time to do a photo-shoot, try taking photos of several different dioramas, then just store the photos for the dios you didn't use in the contest; (I did that this year, so if I don't get to do a new photo shoot in 2017, I know I still have one unused dio photo that can be entered).

That way, if you run out of time to do a new dio in the future, you can still enter a photo from an old unused dio into the contest - after all, the fun is in participating!

Now let's see those masterpieces!!!

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.