News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Pachyrhinosaurus' Collection

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, February 07, 2016, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks. Its interesting coming back and seeing how my Marx collection has grown since I last posted; I'll have to post an update picture sometime.

My latest arrival is an original 1988 Carnegie Allosaurus. My first of the original release Carnegies.

Halichoeres

Don't see those original paint jobs around too often! Nice find.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks-- it's always exciting to find less-common pieces.

After nearly two years of collecting, this is where my Marx Prehistoric collection stands now:

With the addition of Yangchuanosaurus, my Dinosaurs of China set is now complete.

Also new acquisitions, these two were made by Rush Studios. Both are hollow and made of latex that cured hard and feels like resin.

The metoposaur looks very similar to the one in my local museum (see here) and it would not surprise me if it was also made by Rush Studios.

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

Nice figures I guess the reptile with the appearance of a crocodile is a kind of phytosaurus, on the other hand the prehistoric amphibian is for me an unknown. Anyway both spectacular figures are seen.

Halichoeres

The metoposaur and phytosaur are so cool! I was able to get a little metal figure of a Microhaplolepis from Rush Studios, but I definitely missed these or I might have tried to outbid you! Congrats.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

Really interesting pieces you have there.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks!

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 24, 2019, 04:52:09 PM
The metoposaur and phytosaur are so cool! I was able to get a little metal figure of a Microhaplolepis from Rush Studios, but I definitely missed these or I might have tried to outbid you! Congrats.

That looks interesting. I didn't know they made anything in metal. Neither were actually listed as having been made by Rush studios, but I follow the seller and recognized the metoposaur from Malcolm's photos on v1.

Bokisaurus

Congratulations, those are some impressive new additions you got there! Well done. ;D

Pachyrhinosaurus

I just received one of my most sought-after figures-- the Battat Diplodocus! I only discovered Battat a decade ago upon reading through the forum and as much as I wanted their dinosaurs, they notoriously went for more than I was willing to pay at the time on eBay. My first Battat dinosaur was the Amargasaurus that I bought in 2014, prior to the Terra revival. I may still be missing a few, but my collection is finally home to the legendary Battat Diplodocus!

This photo was taken a few months ago. I recently got an original acrocanthosaurus which has taken the place of its Terra counterpart.

In addition to the toys, I also have a resin master of the dilophosaurus:

BlueKrono

Congratulations! That is truly an epic acquisition.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

My congratulations, you have real works of art. Battat's dinosaurs are some of the finest dinosaur figures made in the toy and collectibles industry and are truly coveted by many of the DTF members.

Halichoeres

Hey, congrats. Must feel good to finally have that in-hand.

Pachyrhinosaurus

With the recent availability of some new models, I have completed my set of Mold-A-Rama dinosaurs. They are great examples of mid-century dinosaurs, with associated sense of nostalgia and Americana.

stoneage

The triceratops looks like a museum model but not a worlds fair model.  Also there is a brontosaurus looking back behind itself that you don't have.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: stoneage on March 13, 2021, 11:16:30 PM
The triceratops looks like a museum model but not a worlds fair model.  Also there is a brontosaurus looking back behind itself that you don't have.

Yes, I should have clarified that this is a complete collection of the Field Museum set. I don't have any of the originals.  ;)

Shonisaurus

I like all the figures, especially the quetzalcoatlusm and stegosaurus, they are my favorites, judging by the photographs.

stoneage

I have the blue triceratops and another figure from the field museum.

Halichoeres

I was really delighted to see they had made a new mold to match the Blue Rhino Quetz model in Evolving Planet. These aren't usually the kinds of figures I collect, but I still might have to pick one up next time I visit.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.