News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Pterosaur Toys [Completed]

Started by Gwangi, March 03, 2016, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think are the Top Ten Pterosaur toys and figurines?

Tupuxuara-Papo
27 (37%)
Tapejara- Hasbro "Jurassic Park 3"
2 (2.7%)
Tapejara- Wild Safari
25 (34.2%)
Pterodaustro- Tedco
2 (2.7%)
Dsungaripterus- Kaiyodo UHA
15 (20.5%)
Guidraco- CollectA
27 (37%)
Hatzegopteryx- CollectA
21 (28.8%)
Ornithocheirus- CollectA
4 (5.5%)
Ornithocheirus- Toyway
7 (9.6%)
Pterodactylus- Starlux
1 (1.4%)
Pterodactylus- Tyco
3 (4.1%)
"Pterosaur"- Wild Safari
12 (16.4%)
Anurognathus- "Primeval"
2 (2.7%)
Tapejara- Dinotales/DinoMania
8 (11%)
Rhamphorhynchus- Wild Safari
24 (32.9%)
Rhamphorhynchus- Starlux
0 (0%)
Rhamphorhyncus- Linde
1 (1.4%)
Rhamphorhyncus-Tyco
1 (1.4%)
Dimorphodon- Wild Safari
20 (27.4%)
Dimorphodon- Tedco
0 (0%)
Dimorphodon- Hasbro "Jurassic World"
0 (0%)
Pteranodon- Favorite Vinyl
2 (2.7%)
Pteranodon- Favorite Soft model old
4 (5.5%)
Pteranodon- Favorite Soft model new
8 (11%)
Pteranodon sternbergi - Bullyland resting
14 (19.2%)
Pteranodon sternbergi - Bullyland flying
3 (4.1%)
Pteranodon- Kenner "Jurassic Park"
3 (4.1%)
Pteranodon- Kenner "The Lost World: Jurassic Park"
1 (1.4%)
Pteranodon- Hasbro "Jurassic Park 3"
3 (4.1%)
Pteranodon- Invicta
9 (12.3%)
Pteranodon- Carnegie Collection
1 (1.4%)
Pteranodon- Papo
4 (5.5%)
Pteranodon- Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4
9 (12.3%)
Pteranodon- Kaiyodo "JP3"
4 (5.5%)
Pteranodon longiceps- Bullyland
2 (2.7%)
Pteranodon- Tyco
4 (5.5%)
Pteranodon- Starlux
0 (0%)
Pteranodon- Furata
1 (1.4%)
Pteranodon - Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum
11 (15.1%)
Pteranodon- Schleich Replicasaurus
1 (1.4%)
Pteranodon- Sega Dinosaur King
0 (0%)
Pteranodon with prey- Bandai
1 (1.4%)
Pteranodon- Marx
3 (4.1%)
Pteranodon- Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
1 (1.4%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Colorata (Museum Exclusive Model)
10 (13.7%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Carnegie Collection
3 (4.1%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Schleich (old)
5 (6.8%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Schleich (new)
5 (6.8%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Kaiyodo Dinotales
9 (12.3%)
Quetzalcoatlus- CollectA
27 (37%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Kabaya
0 (0%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Tyco
2 (2.7%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Kenner "Jurassic Park"
3 (4.1%)
Quetzalcoatlus- Colorata
9 (12.3%)
Quetzalcoatlus- "Walking With Dinosaurs" Blind Bag toy
6 (8.2%)
Anhanguera- Kaiyodo Dinotales
11 (15.1%)
Anhanguera- Schleich (old)
6 (8.2%)
Anhanguera- Schleich (new)
7 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Gwangi

Alright folks, the poll is up. Good luck picking your top 10 from this list.  >:D

Lanthanotus

Thanks fpr putting it up,... but...

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 06, 2016, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 06, 2016, 01:29:07 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on March 06, 2016, 12:01:10 AM
Dino Riders Pteranodon, Quetzalcoatlus, Pterodactylus, and Rhamphorhynchus.

First two on the list already. Adding the others.

You should clarify the "classification" of two of these for the list, as the Dinoriders Pterodactylus was re-released by Tyco for the Smithsonian line as Quetzalcoatlus, while the Dinoriders Quetzalcoatlus was re-released without it's headcrest for the Smithsonian line as Pterodactylus (click!).

... who is who of these both in the poll?

Gwangi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 19, 2016, 12:29:01 PM

You should clarify the "classification" of two of these for the list, as the Dinoriders Pterodactylus was re-released by Tyco for the Smithsonian line as Quetzalcoatlus, while the Dinoriders Quetzalcoatlus was re-released without it's headcrest for the Smithsonian line as Pterodactylus (click!).

How do you want me to distinguish between them? I certainly can't have "Dinoriders Pterodactylus re-released by Tyco for the Smithsonian line as Quetzalcoatlus" or "Dinoriders Quetzalcoatlus re-released without it's headcrest for the Smithsonian line as Pterodactylus". Is there an actual product name to distinguish them?

DinoToyForum

It doesn't make a difference to which ones we vote for so let's not worry about the minutia :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 19, 2016, 03:33:19 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 19, 2016, 12:29:01 PM

How do you want me to distinguish between them? I certainly can't have "Dinoriders Pterodactylus re-released by Tyco for the Smithsonian line as Quetzalcoatlus" or "Dinoriders Quetzalcoatlus re-released without it's headcrest for the Smithsonian line as Pterodactylus". Is there an actual product name to distinguish them?

Don't want to beat a dead horse here, but since you asked.... as both are completely differnt figures, I personally would list them from the line that is more popular, which I'd guess is Dino-Riders. So I'd list them as "Dino-Riders Pterodactyl" and "Dino-Riders Quetzalcoatlus".

While both were very nice models at their time, I'd doubt any would win a high rating seeing the collection of other, way more accurate figures in the poll.

Arul

Yeayy finally this vote happens :) i just voted and my favorite figure is on 3rd place now :D

DinoToyForum

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Seems like the votes are in. Shall I close the poll to make the results official?

DinoToyForum

No need to close it, if the results change with time that's fine. :)

deanm

:) Oh man, this is gonna be a hard one for me...  I love them all - a pterosaur obsession....   :)

Actually, I have my choices. I will be putting in my selections in the next day or two after I get back from my unexpected longer travels

Gwangi

Glad I didn't close the poll then, it wouldn't be fair if our resident pterosaur collector wasn't able to vote. And yeah, no point in closing it at all I guess.

deanm

Put my top 10 choices in.  Neat to see what people choose (as a group - not individuals).

My choices reflect both recent and retro figures. 

Arul

My favorite is in runner up position now, have you vote guys ? well vote now  :))

DinoToyForum

I've added the top 10 pterosaur toys video to the Youtube playlist! Thanks to everyone who voted! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG7kvS_UjKVgDGwc6jHHvMd-vIvXsIj2G

suspsy

Great choices! Very happy to have been the photographer for two of these winners! And very, very happy that the Guidraco won! :)
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

docronnie

Excellent poll ... sorry if I was not able to participate in the voting, but I'm glad to have been of help in making the video.  Thanks again Adam!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

BlueKrono

Gotta start by saying I don't know much about pterosaur models, but this poll has been a good learning experience. I voted for the Collect Club (UHA/Kaiyodo) Dsungaripterus. The paint job on this figure is one of my favorite on any toy ever made. Kinda reminiscent of the ikran/banshee from the Avatar movie. Maybe it was the inspiration? ;) I would also like to give an honorable mention to the Marolin Pteranodon which I recently acquired since there's no write-in. The old-school pose and webby wing membranes give this vintage figure a delightful look.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Archinto

While pterosaur models vary in detail from one brand to the next, nothing will compare to the playability of the tyco pteranodon and quetzalcoatlus/pterodactylus (smithsonian). The amount of imagination used dictates the level of play..... of which I still find myself playing with these toys 27 years later..... :3
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.