News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on March 16, 2022, 12:20:39 PM
S @SidB no news as far as I'm aware. Their latest figures were released in December 2020, and nothing new since. I don't know if they're extinct at the moment, but I don't think so, since their figures can still be bought (from Dan's Dinosaurs, Lana Time Shop, AliExpress...).

I miss their figures too. They had a really nice Suchomimus that I hope will be released at some point. But since it's been this much time since their latest figures, I'm not holding my breath for any new releases from them, unfortunately. I hope to be proven wrong.

I've talked to Cheung Chung Tat's friend/partner before, who runs a fossil shop in HK (https://www.facebook.com/fossilshk) and carries Vitae products regularly. He told me that the pandemic has made producing these figures, along with making a profit off their investment significantly more challenging (no surprise there). They did indeed have plans to produce more figures outside of the already known prototypes, a trilobite set, but again the pandemic has halted further progress of that project. Unsure if that was supposed to be in the Vitae line or not as well.

Cheung regularly receives commissions from museums in the mainland and runs a workshop to produce museum quality models, so he's got that going for him. Not to mention his collaboration with Hugo on the DinoHazard line.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on March 16, 2022, 12:32:48 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 16, 2022, 12:20:39 PM
S @SidB no news as far as I'm aware. Their latest figures were released in December 2020, and nothing new since. I don't know if they're extinct at the moment, but I don't think so, since their figures can still be bought (from Dan's Dinosaurs, Lana Time Shop, AliExpress...).

I miss their figures too. They had a really nice Suchomimus that I hope will be released at some point. But since it's been this much time since their latest figures, I'm not holding my breath for any new releases from them, unfortunately. I hope to be proven wrong.

I've talked to Cheung Chung Tat's friend/partner before, who runs a fossil shop in HK (https://www.facebook.com/fossilshk) and carries Vitae products regularly. He told me that the pandemic has made producing these figures, along with making a profit off their investment significantly more challenging (no surprise there). They did indeed have plans to produce more figures outside of the already known prototypes, a trilobite set, but again the pandemic has halted further progress of that project. Unsure if that was supposed to be in the Vitae line or not as well.

Cheung regularly receives commissions from museums in the mainland and runs a workshop to produce museum quality models, so he's got that going for him. Not to mention his collaboration with Hugo on the DinoHazard line.
I'm glad to hear that things are going well, career-wise, with him - that's the main thing. Like so much else, it will be the waiting game for the Vitae line, then. Oh well.

Leyster

S @SidB I asked Cheung Chung Tat, for the moment there's nothing planned.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Psittacoraptor

I would be very interested in the trilobite set. Hopefully they can release it some day.

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on March 18, 2022, 02:46:07 PM
Thanks, L @Leyster , I appreciate you asking. I'm going to miss Vitae's presence in the market this year, though.

SidB

Quote from: SidB on March 18, 2022, 05:59:14 PM
Quote from: Leyster on March 18, 2022, 02:46:07 PM
Thanks, L @Leyster , I appreciate you asking. I'm going to miss Vitae's presence in the market this year, though.
What with the raging covid epidemic in China and the ongoing shut-downs of entire cities, Vitae going silent for the year probably isn't such a bad idea, whatever their original intent. Hopefully, they can resume business sometime in the future.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on March 18, 2022, 04:48:13 PMI would be very interested in the trilobite set. Hopefully they can release it some day.
Yes indeed. Can't get enough trilobites.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Vitae's Facebook page has either been removed or hidden from view: https://www.facebook.com/VITAE-173557513192438/
That seems like a less-than-optimistic sign.

edit: Or maybe I've just been blocked for some reason?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Over9K

Quote from: Lynx on September 06, 2022, 10:54:08 PMI can still see it

Same, but they haven't posted since Dec'20

Concavenator

Halichoeres

Ha ha, I guess I must have offended Vitae somehow, then. Sorry for the false alarm, folks.

SidB

Vitae not showing any signs of life?

Sim

I decided to give Vitae another chance and went ahead and bought a Vitae Jinyunpelta and Sinraptor.  The price of Vitae figures has gone up a lot!  As I said, I'm giving their figures another chance and am actually looking forward to the two I've ordered.  I hope PNSO doesn't release a Jinyunpelta now!

I've occasionally thought about REBOR telling sellers to boycott Vitae because Vitae didn't take REBOR's advice to ditch a particular factory owner, and how that might have affected Vitae and their figure production.  I remember the owner of Vitae expressed sadness about international shops not wanting to stock Vitae figures.  I wonder if what REBOR did is responsible for no more Vitae figures being produced?

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2024, 07:35:23 PMI decided to give Vitae another chance and went ahead and bought a Vitae Jinyunpelta and Sinraptor.  The price of Vitae figures has gone up a lot!  As I said, I'm giving their figures another chance and am actually looking forward to the two I've ordered.  I hope PNSO doesn't release a Jinyunpelta now!

I've occasionally thought about REBOR telling sellers to boycott Vitae because Vitae didn't take REBOR's advice to ditch a particular factory owner, and how that might have affected Vitae and their figure production.  I remember the owner of Vitae expressed sadness about international shops not wanting to stock Vitae figures.  I wonder if what REBOR did is responsible for no more Vitae figures being produced?

This would match up with the behavior that the REBOR representative has shown on this forum. Which had the outcome that I have personally decided to boycott REBOR figures.

Halichoeres

It's possible. Around the time of the Chinese crackdown on Hong Kong, Cheung Chung Tat emigrated to the UK, which might also have something to do with Vitae not making anything new.

suspsy

Fortunately, I need not boycott Rebor since I never bought anything from them to begin with.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.