News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Dan on March 24, 2016, 05:42:45 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 23, 2016, 11:32:39 AM
Didn't Monster House have a bad reputation as a scalper/scammer? I can't remember.

Correct, this seller has been known to manipulate PayPal for fraudulent purposes. They also are known for extremely high pricing, so I would expect these items to become available elsewhere for substantially less.

Thankyou for that, but where to buy their stuff then.
Also speaking of art.

Would love that book
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Sim

These look very nice!  There are two things that really bother me though.  The first is how shrink-wrapped the Euhelopus and Lufengosaurus look.  The second is that the one that interests me most out of these five is the Lufengosaurus and the shrink-wrapping isn't enough to put me off it, however the bad pose it's in is...  Even with the long arms they gave their Lufengosaurus stretched out, this figure still shows it was most likely a bipedal animal.  After finding out how most basal sauropodomorphs would most likely have been bipedal I've not been able to unsee how forced quadrupedal reconstructions of them look.  This Lufengosaurus figure doesn't look comfortable in that pose to say the least.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 24, 2016, 05:52:37 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 24, 2016, 12:04:17 PM
I just returned from China where I had the opportunity to visit the Peking Natural Science-Art Organisation (PNSO) HQ and workshops in Beijing. Their models are very good quality. Be patient, they are just starting out so watch this space for more - their products should become more widely available. I invited them to join the forum and they expressed an interest in doing so, so perhaps they will share details themselves here in due course.
Thank you for that news! You'll keep a number of us from some very foolish decisions :)

Sounds good Dr Admin!  Hehe, Halichoeres, I thought these figures would interest you, so when I saw the prices for the figures that had been posted in this thread I wondered what you might be thinking!

Quote from: Patrx on March 24, 2016, 04:11:37 PM
The original reconstruction of Zhenyuanlong appears to be one of theirs, a figure based upon that would be awesome!

Do you mean the reconstruction seen here?: http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/science-zhenyuanlong-suni-new-feather-winged-dinosaur-03027.html  While it's an amazing work of art, I don't like that reconstruction of Zhenyuanlong.  The paper that names it says, "On the better preserved right wing of Zhenyuanlong the primaries are longer than the secondaries."  That Zhenyuanlong reconstruction appears to lack primaries?!  The blue, pink and purple on its head also looks out of place to me.

sauroid

this T. rex (according to a post in facebook but could be a Tarbosaurus) will be among the figures

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Viking Spawn

Looks like an old school version of oh T-Rex!  I may consider that one.

tyrantqueen

Halichoeres

I looked through MHHK's photos again, and either the scales are wrong or the measurements are. A 1/25 Shantungosaurus would be the size of a terrier, and a 1/20 Huanghetitan would be more like a spaniel. But the given length of the Shantungosaurus figure is less than 40cm, and that of the Huanghetitan is 69 cm. Those are still quite large, of course, but depending on the position of the sculpts (I'm sure Monster House is using model length, not anatomical length), those are probably closer to 1/40. So take heart, 1/40 acolytes!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 25, 2016, 08:23:01 PM
I looked through MHHK's photos again, and either the scales are wrong or the measurements are. A 1/25 Shantungosaurus would be the size of a terrier, and a 1/20 Huanghetitan would be more like a spaniel. But the given length of the Shantungosaurus figure is less than 40cm, and that of the Huanghetitan is 69 cm. Those are still quite large, of course, but depending on the position of the sculpts (I'm sure Monster House is using model length, not anatomical length), those are probably closer to 1/40. So take heart, 1/40 acolytes!

I guess I could say thats good news for me. Although the Shantungosaurus, even if it is the cheapest, is still somewhat expensive. But I have seen worst. EjemReborEjem. Maybe I will try to get it.

So how many dinosaur models are in my whish list that would be nice to get for my birhtday...... :'( :'( :'(

postsaurischian

Oh yeah, the wishlist.
At the end of last year I thought I had now everything I wanted and could slow down.
It's only March now and there are coming interesting things from all directions of the world torpedoing my Dinosaur senses. IT'LL NEVER STOP :o ;D (I guess).
It sounds stupid but I'm glad I do not like every model of this series  ....... but some are irresistible :).

MLMjp

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 25, 2016, 08:59:42 PM
Oh yeah, the wishlist.
At the end of last year I thought I had now everything I wanted and could slow down.
It's only March now and there are coming interesting things from all directions of the world torpedoing my Dinosaur senses. IT'LL NEVER STOP :o ;D (I guess).
It sounds stupid but I'm glad I do not like every model of this series  ....... but some are irresistible :).

Not to mention the things that I have yet to get from previous years. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Interesting tyrannosaur...the eyes and teeth are a bit too ..bright? on an otherwise nice paint job...but that could be fixed.

darth daniel

Oh I really like that Huanghetitan... :o The price is steep, but it also looks more like a model than a toy. I hope this line will become more widely available. Finally, a company that starts with some rare asian herbivores, not all the carnivores that have been released by every other company! :)

Albertosaurus

Why is everyone talking about prices in Yen when those are most likely Chinese Yuan?
I really love the models, though some of them are way too skinny, almost starving creatures, so I won´t be getting those. I would love to see this line getting a bit more attention and becoming easier to get. 50-60$ for them is a good price point in my opinion.
In the other hand, the T-rex looks terrible in my opinion. It is quite accurate, there are some feathers even, but the pose is so old school...I can´t stand it. And the paint job is terribly poor.

Daspletodave

I'd like to buy that artbook. Sure the text would all be in Chinese, but the artwork would be worth it.
I hope this line adds some Chinese stegosaurs!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Daspletodave on March 26, 2016, 12:35:33 PM
I'd like to buy that artbook. Sure the text would all be in Chinese, but the artwork would be worth it.
I hope this line adds some Chinese stegosaurs!

I have a copy on my desk at work and it is all in Chinese but maybe it is possible for an English version in the future.

Fluffysaurus

Wouldnt minde a Chinese version i just love the artwork!!!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 26, 2016, 12:06:05 PM
Why is everyone talking about prices in Yen when those are most likely Chinese Yuan?
I really love the models, though some of them are way too skinny, almost starving creatures, so I won´t be getting those. I would love to see this line getting a bit more attention and becoming easier to get. 50-60$ for them is a good price point in my opinion.
In the other hand, the T-rex looks terrible in my opinion. It is quite accurate, there are some feathers even, but the pose is so old school...I can´t stand it. And the paint job is terribly poor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A5
Yen typically uses the single width character shown in that listing which is all I'd looked at before, but taking a closer look that is definitely Chinese text.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 26, 2016, 02:35:54 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 26, 2016, 12:06:05 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A5
Yen typically uses the single width character shown in that listing which is all I'd looked at before, but taking a closer look that is definitely Chinese text.

Chinese text, chinese site, chinese company and overall a chinese selling platform. So those are yuan prices for sure.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: sauroid on March 26, 2016, 12:51:33 PM
anorexic Lufengosaurus

Yikes!  Give that poor thing a sandwich!!!   :o

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.