News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 28, 2017, 05:56:22 PM
The Tsintaosaurus I bought is resin.  I assume that the one acro-man mentioned as forthcoming will be PVC.

PVC? That is wonderful. Hopefully it will be a size similar to the triceratops and tyrannosaurus of the same brand or at least as the saurolophus of Favorite.

We need a tsintaosaurus in the toy market. It is a rather extravagant and rare dinosaur within dinosaur figures.

Then Acro-man has a secure buyer.

Thanks for the information ceraptosian  ;)

Simon

I will just add that, looking at it on my desk for the past week, PNSO's Triceratops "Doyle" has become my favorite dinosaur figure.  There is just something irresistably lifelike about its trotting pose. I feel the same way about the Chunkingosaurus, but I like "Doyle" just a tad more.

FYI: Regarding TRex "Wilson's" 1/8" plastic rod, I bought it on ebay from this fellow: http://stores.ebay.com/ducoplasticsandsupply/

Shonisaurus

I have already ordered the PNSO mamenchisaurus and I am waiting for your arrival. On the other hand I take good note of what Simon says about the triceratops PNSO with pseudonym "Doyle" because over time I also plan to order it.

I find it a very good figure and it is by far the best triceratops done to date.  :)

PhilSauria

I agree with Simon, 'Doyle' is a recent purchase for me as well (and I had to stretch the funds to acquire it!), so animated and lifelike in its pose. The most iconic and desirable Triceratops to me is the Sideshow marvel - but I have resigned myself to the fact that short of winning the lottery I will never own one of those so the PNSO is the next best thing. Looking at images of them side by side they are very similar in execution and in capturing, to my eye, the iconic Triceratops look.

robintaylor

I think the wilson t rex is superb ,fantastic detail and a wonderful paint job, my only complaint was the base didnt match the quality of wilson so did a repaint

acro-man

This repaint is way better than the original.
At first I was a little disappointed of the base too.
But I managed to pursuade myself that it's just a bonus, so I let it be.
A bigger problem is the base looks as if a landslide just took place.
Overlapped mud and deep footprints.
This must caused massive death that later was unearthed as dinosaur boneyard
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

It is indeed a good repaint. I like acro-man's image of landslides and bonebed formation!

acro-man

I was completely sold by Ceratopsian's photos of Tsintaosaurus and bought one the very other day.
I had been full of anticipation and prepared to sing for it when I received it.

(Oh no.... 1:20 scale)

But... when it was unboxed, I can't bear the smile on my face any more, and had mixed taste in my mouth.

I was disappointed.

(anatomical drawing of Tsintaosaurus)

20% of the details are missing for faint, not exaggerated. I mean, look at the pictures, some parts are entirely flat. It must be a casting catastrophe.

A SOLID stone base which weighs 3kg?  Even a real natural stone is lighter than this. The main cause for high shipping cost.

Scales are too generic and too obscure, as if they were made with a straw thrusting small circles on the putty.

What's wrong with the pinkies? Were they supposed to be so big and so out-stretching?

Curved tail? Yeah I understand it's so designed to bring out better dynamics. But seriously 90 degrees?

Even so, the coloration is superb. The general lifelikeness is very good. It's still the best Tsintaosaurus representation in the market

So I will leave a moderate comment as "good to be viewed from a distance".

You may think I am too picky or it is my bad luck to get a flawed copy - it's simply one of PNSO's early attempts after all.

Sorry I just can't help - it's a big investment anyway :'(

PS: Someone says the large hollow vinyl series has better quality than these resin statues. I am convinced.
And if you are still dreaming to possess the statue Mamenchi one day, I suggest picking up the 1:35 PVC version instead.
喜欢收集和P图

ceratopsian

I feel a little guilty that you bought one, acro-man, on the basis of my photo.  I think you are unlucky on the smooth areas.  Mine is better there.  The worst I can say of mine is that the paint is a bit scuffed on one of the legs.  I was aware prior to purchase that the tail bend is a little odd but that was a compromise I was prepared to make.  (And no - I am not considering the Mamenchisaurus in resin.)

Shonisaurus

It is certainly the best tsintaosaurus ever made in the market to date. The figures of resins are superior to those of vinyl and PVC in general terms.

In my case I would like a version of PVC tsintaosaurus to accompany my saurolophus of Favorite.

acro-man

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 03, 2017, 09:28:16 PM
I feel a little guilty that you bought one, acro-man, on the basis of my photo.  I think you are unlucky on the smooth areas.  Mine is better there.  The worst I can say of mine is that the paint is a bit scuffed on one of the legs.  I was aware prior to purchase that the tail bend is a little odd but that was a compromise I was prepared to make.  (And no - I am not considering the Mamenchisaurus in resin.)

You don't have to, my dear friend.
I made inquiries that my 'detail loss' problem is not an individual case. It's quite universal.
Generally, I love it.
Big fan of Zhao Chuang after all.
But if someone asks for my opinion, I won't recommend.
That's all.
喜欢收集和P图

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on July 05, 2017, 06:24:39 AM

You don't have to, my dear friend.

I am relieved to hear this.  You have set my mind at rest.

KeU

Just received Wilson and Doyle.
Mind blown by the quality and details.
Will take photos when I get a chance.

Thank you very much Jerry. For all your help.

acro-man

Quote from: KeU on July 11, 2017, 03:18:00 AM
Just received Wilson and Doyle.
Mind blown by the quality and details.
Will take photos when I get a chance.

Thank you very much Jerry. For all your help.

You are welcome, my good buddy ;)
喜欢收集和P图

acro-man

An outraged former staff of PNSO came up with more leaks of Zhao Chuang's models which were finished in 2015 this morning..
He also said that PNSO has been in serious trouble for a long time, and these models may be suspended forever.

The story is:
"PNSO changed its management team last year, who focus more on capital returns instead of model quality.
The new head of the company also carried out a purge of more than half of the original employees, leaving the rest in complaint (explains PNSO's sudden disappearance from Amazon)
In the end, Zhao Chuang, the key player of the team, is *said* to have left PNSO knowing his models won't be produced as he desired (the demonic looking Wilson & Doyle, and so many bundle parts like booklet, deluxe box, stamps which are more profitable, and which on the contrary should have been used to improve the quality of the models).

In the future, either PNSO will continue to produce these models if Zhao Chuang returns, or Zhao Chuang will find a new partner to produce his models at his own will."

Told by the outraged former employee

In the last picture the second one from the top is the original sculpture, others are mass produced models.
喜欢收集和P图

Simon

:o :o :o

That is a sad saga.  I guess all we can do is stay tuned ...  :(

Roselaar

Dang, a good thing had to be ruined...

Hopefully we'll still see these models released some day, they look superb! Best of luck to mr. Chuang!

Dobber

Well, Crap......
:-[

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

ceratopsian

Sad but not totally unexpected. If it is true that Zhao Chuang has left, I very much hope he will succeed in establishing a new firm of his own.

suspsy

That is quite unfortunate, although it's not unheard of in the toy industry. All we can do is wait and hope.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.