News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The story of Rudi the tailless Raptor

Started by Angel-Oh-No, February 26, 2016, 09:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel-Oh-No

Hey guys,

some time ago I bought a small lot of Dino Riders parts at eBay. One of those was Rudi the Raptor. Unfortunately his tail was broken and I nearly decided to through him away.

One day I found him like this:

My mother decided to put a bandage on his broken tail  :)

But it was sad... the other Raptors still kept making jokes about him...

So i decided: Rudi needs a new tail!!!

A few tries later it was done. I used silicone to create a negative from another Raptor and cast resin to give him a new tail:

It came out great, but the color was still a little odd  ^-^

So Rudi had to get a paintjob. I googled a lot of Raptor pictures and finally he should become green, because there never was a green Raptor at Dino Riders:

This was the first base coat with acryllic paint:

And this is the outcome after washing, drybrushing and adding some yellow, blue and gray for the claws:

Now Rudi is happy and waits for his saddle to join the Dino Riders  :D

Tell me what you think about him  ;D

PS: I know technically he is a Deinonychus, but Rudi the Raptor sounds a lot cooler  8)

Gwangi

That's an awesome paint job on that toy, I would have bought him like that. It's certainly not as boring as the factory paint-job. I loved this toy as a kid, even though he is awkward looking. It got into a lot of trouble alongside my Kenner Velociraptor. Broken tails seem to be common on these, I'm thankful that the one I have now came in a lot intact but I have another missing a finger. I also have the Protoceratops who's missing a tail.

suspsy

Nice new colour scheme. Makes it distinctive from the Valorian Deinonychus.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Patrx

Libraraptor

Not only do I like that story, I really like its outcome, too!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very nice job!  I like how your mom fixed it too! lol

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Jetoar

You have done a really excellnt work with this figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Digibasherx

He looks like he should be selling me insurance.

dinoridersworld.com

Nice job on the repair.  You could never tell that it was fixed.  I'm sure you could use that technique on a lot of other broken parts, which the Dino Riders line is notorious for.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.