News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Dinotoyblog channel videos

Started by DinoToyForum, May 19, 2016, 11:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2019, sponsored by Urzeitshop, all entries:
https://youtu.be/Ce_kLHfDlcU

DinoToyForum

My first video after setting my channel as 'for kids'. I'm curious to see if it has any impact yet.

https://youtu.be/YLwV3NqFcLs

DinoToyForum

I felt a bit rusty at the start of this one but settled into after a while for a bumper episode. I'm particularly pleased with the last Ebay lot I opened...

https://youtu.be/a4xuZFRXBKc

Libraraptor

At last a new video on the Channel!  I really missed it.  I think the Marx are real. Nice haul!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 16, 2020, 07:34:39 AM
At last a new video on the Channel!  I really missed it.  I think the Marx are real. Nice haul!

Thanks from me and the red scissors. Yes, I'm most pleased with the Marx toys, it was a significant gap in my collection and a really great deal! But now I want more. :))

DinoToyForum

New collections overview video from avatar_Patrx @Patrx. Remember, you too can submit a collection video to the channel. ^-^ Also, not the new channel intro, also by avatar_Patrx @Patrx.
https://youtu.be/_dnwJf7ougk

Flaffy

Who made the Psittacosaurus (not the Safari one) and Yinlong(?) in the thumbnail?

Patrx

Quote from: Flaffy on July 20, 2020, 09:09:37 AM
Who made the Psittacosaurus (not the Safari one) and Yinlong(?) in the thumbnail?

They're both Shapeways 3D-printed figures! The Psittacosaurus is by Aaron Doyle, and the Yinlong is by Manuel Bejarano.

Flaffy

Quote from: Patrx on July 20, 2020, 06:07:56 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on July 20, 2020, 09:09:37 AM

They're both Shapeways 3D-printed figures! The Psittacosaurus is by Aaron Doyle, and the Yinlong is by Manuel Bejarano.

Thanks! They are indeed pretty little things.

Halichoeres

Nice collection! I like seeing how others organize theirs. I chuckled when, after a string of Very Proper clade names, "Aquatic" came up.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 24, 2020, 03:58:44 PM
Nice collection! I like seeing how others organize theirs. I chuckled when, after a string of Very Proper clade names, "Aquatic" came up.

Thanks! Hah, that group got a little, er, wastebasket-ish? "Marine" sounded fancier but wasn't quite correct  ;D

Libraraptor

Quote from: Patrx on July 30, 2020, 06:21:41 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 24, 2020, 03:58:44 PM

Thanks! Hah, that group got a little, er, wastebasket-ish? "Marine" sounded fancier but wasn't quite correct  ;D

I, too, enjoyed the video very much.  Especially the way the group names are  virtually woven into the collection is stunning.  In contradiction to me you seem to collect top notch only. Maybe I should do so as well since my collection looks like a foundling hospital.  but I have a big Heart for quirky stuff.

Patrx

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 30, 2020, 07:28:36 AM
I, too, enjoyed the video very much.  Especially the way the group names are  virtually woven into the collection is stunning.  In contradiction to me you seem to collect top notch only. Maybe I should do so as well since my collection looks like a foundling hospital.  but I have a big Heart for quirky stuff.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I wish I could replicate the effect in reality, but alas, printed paper labels stuck to the walls of the shelf with tape just don't look quite as elegant. As to the selective nature of my collecting, it's all in the interest of conserving funds and space—almost every prehistoric figure has a measure charm or appeal to it, I think! Has your collection changed a lot since the video you sent in to the channel back in 2014?

DinoToyForum

Another video including some interesting items, one with thanks to avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson. And who recognises the figure in the screenshot? Watch to find out!

https://youtu.be/0yteXUVYudg

I could split these individual unboxings into several short videos but I quite like the long format. Do you guys have any preference?

Halichoeres

That compy looks like it's playing two simultaneous games of table tennis
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Libraraptor

Crackington

Thank you too for the Marx Moschops and the two surprises and for being immortalised in the Dinoblog channel!

Those Segas really are tiny aren't they, but lovely little models nonetheless. Good things come in little packages!

Shonisaurus

Nice figures! The ones that attract my attention the most are the pteranodon and the triceratops. They are all wonderful figures. The pteranodon is very well done and highly detailed. These figures can be placed anywhere. Thank you for issuing that video, it is very cool.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.