News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Paleo Art Stumbled Upon The Internet

Started by sauroid, May 20, 2016, 01:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: sauroid on June 01, 2016, 03:11:29 PM
The march of so many dinosaur genera, from the smallest to the biggest.
(i guess this qualifies as paleo art)

https://www.facebook.com/Paleontologjia.Shqip/videos/1002615243163401/

(sorry facebook resisters, this is viewable only on fb)

That is a really cool video! I'm always suprised to see how big Gallimimus and Dilophosaurus really were, thanks to JP I keep forgetting their real size.

sauroid

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on June 01, 2016, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: sauroid on June 01, 2016, 03:11:29 PM
The march of so many dinosaur genera, from the smallest to the biggest.
(i guess this qualifies as paleo art)

https://www.facebook.com/Paleontologjia.Shqip/videos/1002615243163401/

(sorry facebook resisters, this is viewable only on fb)

That is a really cool video! I'm always suprised to see how big Gallimimus and Dilophosaurus really were, thanks to JP I keep forgetting their real size.
JP ruined a lot of things haha.

Ceratosaurus head study (with protofeathers!) by Mohamad Haghani
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Viergacht

Bu2ma on DA draws charming caricatured dinos and other critters.

Paleona

Nice find, thank you for sharing!  I've added him to my watch list on dA~ :))  Always happy to find paleo-art that isn't just hyper-realism.

Found these little gems by ezequielvera on dA a while back:

(http://ezequielvera.deviantart.com/art/Chibi-Dinosaurs-556561883)

Viergacht

I saw you were looking for some more stylized dinos, so I thought I'd share (these are all from DA):

Legosaurus by Cryptid-Creations

Autumn Dino by Apofiss

Velociraptor Baby Mobbed by Pretty Butterflies by Psithryus

Science Ruined Dinosaurs! by Monster-Man-08

Meat Eater by RobbVision

Old Chief by CameraSketch

Andrewsarchus is Trying to Talk by TodWillis

How (not) to Draw Feather Dinoaurs by Osmatar

tyrantqueen

Meh, never been keen on the stylised dinosaur thing.

Also, Mohamad Haghani is the biggest copycat ever.

Kovu

Short-Faced Bear by deskridge on DeviantArt
I love the old-west vibe of this one, with the warm golden color.

Reflections on Zhenyuanlong by Emily Willoughby (EWilloughby) on DeviantArt
Can she do a whole National Audubon Society style guide for dromeosaurs... please?

A Storm Comes by bioimagen on DeviantArt
Another nice old-western looking one.

Woodland Encounter - Corythosaurus by CraftyCreatures on DeviantArt
I love the almost fairytale-esque quality.

Tuojiangosaurus multispinus by CraftyCreatures on DeviantArt

Fly Away by CraftyCreatures on DeviantArt

Monoceros by thedancingemu on DeviantArt
Totally a prehistoric version of "The Last Unicorn".

Paleona

Quote from: Viergacht on June 03, 2016, 05:38:18 PM
I saw you were looking for some more stylized dinos, so I thought I'd share (these are all from DA):

Hey, thanks for thinking of me!  Can't say I'm a big fan of the super cutesy "Rawr means I love you in Dinosaur" type drawings, or super cartoony, but I do see a couple here I like.  Namely, RobbVision's dino art.  Shame he hasn't done any recently that I've seen.

I guess what I would mostly love to find, would be something akin to Beatrix Potter's illustrations... but with dinosaurs, haha.  Not necessarily dinos wearing clothing, but that sort of watercolor, or storybook-look, where it still looks like the animal, but isn't trying to be a photograph. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love Niroot Puttapipat's art; it's too bad he doesn't share it on dA anymore.

Nice finds, Kovu!  I really admire Emily Willoughby's work, and I'm familiar with a couple others here, too.  :)

Here are a few of my favorites:

Diplodocus through the years by T-PEKC

Triceratops by Pheaston

Coelophysoids by Asparavis

Parasaurolophus, Lambeosaurus, Hypacrosaurus by ABelov2014

Kovu

Oh, I like the hadrosaur one!

Yeah, I really like watercolor paleoart, or ones that incorporate a slightly... mythical... quality. CraftyCreatures reminds me a lot of Sulamith Wulfing's fairytale pieces.

Viergacht

My buddy FlyQueen's intense-looking sexy rexy:

Kovu

John Conway's lovely lovely artwork!

Pinacosaurus grangeri

Woolungosaurus glendowerensis

Apatosaurus louisae

All Yesterdays: Plesiosaur

Edmontosaurus regalis

Viergacht

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Nanuqsaurus

Came across these on Reddit, I think they are absolutely amazing! :D Wish they had gone this way with Jurassic World, would make the movie ten times better.

Really love the falcon and vulture raptors, who says feathered dinosaurs aren't scary?

Viergacht

A comic book series about a time-traveling chef who opens a restaraunt speacilaizing in dinosaur meat.
Hmmm, those theropods look awfully familiar. I wonder where I've seen them before . . . .  ::)

irimali

I just saw this on a Facebook group.  Wish there was link to an artist's page or gallery.  It's just credited to "FluffySpiderz".   

https://www.facebook.com/387756681326078/photos/a.387785154656564.1073741828.387756681326078/788946664540409/?type=3&theater

Silvanusaurus

Oh man, I love this crow design. The feathers being so smooth, like a real bird, would make these both beautiful yet incredibly cool and genuinely frightening animals on screen. It would be mind-blowing to see raptors like that done on film.

Quote from: irimali on June 27, 2016, 02:38:42 AM

https://www.facebook.com/387756681326078/photos/a.387785154656564.1073741828.387756681326078/788946664540409/?type=3&theater

That's really quite poignant, sad but beautiful...

Viergacht

The frozen scene artist goes by Iguanadon't on Tumblr - http://iguanodont.tumblr.com/post/144977976361/a-lonely-saurornitholestes-spots-something-strange - but I don't know their other screen names.

Rain

Absolutely love this artist's art style

"Dakotaraptor steini has caught a young pachycephalosaur."

By deviantart user "tuomaskoivurinne"

alexeratops

Regarding the feathered JP raptors, I really don't believe that they should add that to any installment in the franchise, purely because of the fact that there is already a set design and style. The art is amazing, don't get me wrong, it would just be too drastic of a change for such a major franchise. I would be on board if another move about dinosaurs came out with raptors like that, it would be amazing, but for JP it just wouldn't work.
like a bantha!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.