News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Paleo Art Stumbled Upon The Internet

Started by sauroid, May 20, 2016, 01:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irimali

Quote from: Viergacht on June 27, 2016, 11:09:38 AM
The frozen scene artist goes by Iguanadon't on Tumblr - http://iguanodont.tumblr.com/post/144977976361/a-lonely-saurornitholestes-spots-something-strange - but I don't know their other screen names.

Thanks!  I'd never seen her tumblr before but there's some more great dinosaur pieces on there too!

Mamasaurus

So many beautiful paintings! I love the ones that have that classic quality to them.  Like John Conway and CraftyCreatures. Absolutely beautiful. :) I also really love James Gurney's paintings.

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

sauroid

the JP feathered Velociraptor rendition/concept is very Emily Willoughby-ish (the hooded fierce eyes tho).

re: that comic book. the writer better be Asian...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Nanuqsaurus

Nanuqsaurus hoglundi by Kana-hebi on DeviantArt

I just found this one, and it is now one of my favorite reconstructions of my favorite dinosaur ever. Just look at it! So fluffy and cute! So birdlike and realistic! I just want one! ;D

Jose S.M.

That is a really lovely dinosaur! I want it to be made as a toy with the same color scheme, I need it!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on October 02, 2016, 10:09:46 PM
That is a really lovely dinosaur! I want it to be made as a toy with the same color scheme, I need it!

Wait, are there any Nanuqsaurus figures at all? I've never seen one, but if there are any I need to have them! :P

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on October 04, 2016, 12:39:14 PM

Wait, are there any Nanuqsaurus figures at all? I've never seen one, but if there are any I need to have them! :P

As far as I know there are no figures of it yet. I meant I want, or to be more dramatic, need one to be made looking like the one you poster here.

Manatee

No, unfortunately there aren't any Nanuqsaurus figures at the moment, but I'm definitely hoping CollectA makes one soon.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Scutosaurus on October 04, 2016, 01:01:01 PM

No, unfortunately there aren't any Nanuqsaurus figures at the moment, but I'm definitely hoping CollectA makes one soon.

Yes, CollectA seems to like feathered Tyrannosaurs, they already made Bistahieversor, Xiongguanlong, Lythronax and of course Tyrannosaurus! I can only hope they'll ever release a Nanuqsaurus!

Now that I think of it, maybe a repainted CollectA Lythronax would be a decent Nanuqsaurus...

Dilopho

Collecta would be a good bet for that.

Papo sticks to the mainstream dinosaurs. Schleich occasionally ventures out of that group but not too far. Safari  sometimes scouts the border of the edge, reaching out to pull in a few obscure species but sticking with the more well-known ones mainly.
But Collecta just takes a running start and bungee-jumps into the sea of over 7,000 dinosaur species, grabs a handful and emerges with them!

Halichoeres

I use one of the WWD 3D Gorgosaurus figures as a stand-in for Nanuqsaurus. Doesn't have feathers, of course. I agree CollectA is a good one to keep an eye on for a proper Nanuqsaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

The Nanuqsaurus drawing is part of a larger piece of artwork, also from Kana-hebi on DeviantArt of course. It's a beautiful cladogram of Tyrannosauroids. You can buy the full size image as download, I think it'd be a great poster! :)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on October 21, 2016, 07:14:37 PM
The Nanuqsaurus drawing is part of a larger piece of artwork, also from Kana-hebi on DeviantArt of course. It's a beautiful cladogram of Tyrannosauroids. You can buy the full size image as download, I think it'd be a great poster! :)

This image is immensely pleasing to mine eyes.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 21, 2016, 07:40:50 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on October 21, 2016, 07:14:37 PM

This image is immensely pleasing to mine eyes.

Yeah, it's amazing! I love how birdlike these Tyrannosaurs are, and the colors are so realistic. :D It's a cladogram of an actual group of animals, not just some monsters. Maybe I'll buy a print of this to hang in my room, so I can look at it every day! :P

Jose S.M.

I like this so much! I love the colors of Tarbosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Alioramus altai and Gorgosaurus

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

Beautiful color schemes. I especially like the Tarbosaurus and the WWD-inspired T. rex.

Nanuqsaurus

I just discovered there's a ''Jutyrant'' on it, but I'm pretty sure it should be Juratyrant. ???

Andreioli

I just stumbled upon this:

It's clearly a T. Rex, i don't know the artist.
I find the representation beautiful and scary at the same time.

Flaffy

Is that Dinosaur Battlegrounds?
The shrinkwrapping, the exposed teeth, the shrinkwrapping again...
At least the rex has feathers.
Seems like DB.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.