News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jose's Collection (pictures updated on the *THIRD* page)

Started by Jose S.M., July 02, 2016, 10:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Hello everyone! I decided to modify a bit my first post, mainly because the original photos were very bad heh and because the collection has grown at a faster pace that I thought it would, I didn't realized that it was kind of addictive these hobby. To introduce my collection, I'm going to show my first batch of figures that included all Doug Watson's ceratopsians for Safari (now they're 5 and hopefully counting) and CollectA's Medusaceratops. But the figure that started all was CollectA Torosaurus, it was a present and I had to get some friends for it, so my Collection was born.

And now this is the current state of my collection, more pics will be in third page of this thread due to several modfications thanks to photobucket  >:( :D

Dinomike

You have a great start there! Really good models!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

Very nice start to your collection.  You picked some great models.

Halichoeres

You have good taste, an excellent start! It's not just you that has a bias in favor of the Cretaceous; toymakers have that bias too. By my estimate, nearly half of all prehistoric animal genera that have been made into toys are from the Cretaceous!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 03, 2016, 05:35:40 PM
You have good taste, an excellent start! It's not just you that has a bias in favor of the Cretaceous; toymakers have that bias too. By my estimate, nearly half of all prehistoric animal genera that have been made into toys are from the Cretaceous!

Yeah, I think you are right. And if it comes from mainstream figure makers, the usual jurassic species are Allosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Stegosaurus and some sauropods. And if we talk about the triassic, Coelophysis and Plateosaurus are the only species made often. More obscure species are made by smaller companies, some fo the mainstream rare species are not that good, and some really expensive when comparing with the mainstream ones.

Derek.McManus

Nice pictures and a good collection...my son is a big triceratops fan too!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Derek.McManus on July 03, 2016, 06:06:02 PM

Thanks! I have a 5 year old cousin that always asks me if I have new dinos, and his 1 and a half year old sister makes cow sounds when I show her the ceratops jejej

laticauda

Quote from: Joe289 on July 03, 2016, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: Derek.McManus on July 03, 2016, 06:06:02 PM

Thanks! I have a 5 year old cousin that always asks me if I have new dinos, and his 1 and a half year old sister makes cow sounds when I show her the ceratops jejej

I can see that, to a one and half year old, it can look like a cow.

Jose S.M.

As I posted in the recent acquisition thread, I got four new models, so here are some more pictures of them

First, the group shot

Favorite Styracosaurus, a little skinny but very beautiful figure

Styraco and CollectA Xenoceratops, at first I didn't like the color of the Xenoceratops, but I've grown to love it and think it's very original

CollectA Muttaburrasaurus and Miragaia. I really like the Miragaia, I thought it's neck was stiff but it's very flexible, I like the Muttaburrsaurus a lot too, but I  was expecting it to be a little bigger, but it's good and an Ornithpod it's always welcome.

The only bad thing is that the Muttaburrasaurus had an accident.

It arrived like that and the broken finger wasn't in the bag, I searched everywhere and didn't find it, so I guess it hapenned when it was being first packed.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Nice collection.
If you like ceratopsians than Collecta is your company.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Joe289 on August 05, 2016, 11:53:19 PM

It arrived like that and the broken finger wasn't in the bag, I searched everywhere and didn't find it, so I guess it hapenned when it was being first packed.

What a shame.  Poor thing - it looks like he's holding his foot up because it hurts!!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 06, 2016, 08:58:44 PM
Quote from: Joe289 on August 05, 2016, 11:53:19 PM

What a shame.  Poor thing - it looks like he's holding his foot up because it hurts!!

OH! You're right it looks in pain,  I'm going to find a way to fix it

Paleo SH

Triceratops and its kind are amazing armored dinosaur. I do like them too. You should get pachyrhinosaurus too, I watched a dozen times walking with dinosaur movie with pachy as the main actor.
Turned out you already have got it 🙂

Jose S.M.

Here are some more shots of my new figures. My first Battats! thanks to Halichoeres, dealing with you was a pleasure.

I love the Parasaurolophus so much!

Paleo SH

Nice , I do not know that Terra comes w decorated box like that .
I'm a fan of Parasaurolophus too and will be collecting it soon.
How big are terra dino model? And are they scaled?

Jose S.M.

I think the whole collection are at scale with each other.  The Parasaurolophus a little bit bigger than most of my safari dinosaurs,  the Gryposaurus is the only one that's  bigger but that figure  is much exceeds most of it's safari peers in size.

stoneage

:)  The scale for all the Battat or Terra models is 1/40.

Libraraptor

Jose S.M.

Thanks Libraraptor, Paleo SH and stoneage! I was looking at the Dacentrurus box and I noticed something funny and curious, there's what looks to be a drawing or something, left to the volcano, it's visible in the photo of the whole box but here are some closer shots:

I don't know what's supposed to be, it looks like a flying squirrel to me  ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: as someone pointed out in an upcoming post, the squirrel was produced by a weird impression glitch of the background, still look funny.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.