News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jose's Collection (pictures updated on the *THIRD* page)

Started by Jose S.M., July 02, 2016, 10:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Great photos and nice collection. Good to see more images of the new releases. Fine level of detail on that Safari Ankylosaurus, this one continues to impress with every new pic, and that Regaliceratops is a must have for me.

Jose S.M.

Here are my newer figures, the Favorite Anky v1 with it's Thyreophoran friends and the Schleich Oviraptor with the non tyrannosaur feathered dinos:

Shonisaurus

Congratulations Jose !!! Your figures of thyroforans and theropods feathered is very complete. Magnificent photographs.  :)

sauroid

i thought the Favorite S1 Anky was hefty but that WS one is huge.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Thanks Shonisaurus.
Quote from: sauroid on February 11, 2018, 06:52:19 PM

The WS one is bigger and heavier, but the hips on the Favorite one are sooo wide, I like it a lot for that reason  ;D

Lanthanotus

That's exactly my thought,... guess I am happy with my Favorite and Carnegie one for now.

@ Jose_S.M. Nice additions there. May I ask what that riverbed/trackways gound is you shot some of the figures on - looks great! It looks very much like one of those Favorite Georamas, but I thought those were 3D while yours looks like a flat foto?

Jose S.M.

@Lanthanotus, that's a flat background that came with the Favorite exclusive pairs from 2016. I didn't actually bought any of the pairs but I got the Guanlong alone from Halichoeres and he send it in the box, so I got the background too. It's pretty nice indeed.

Bokisaurus

Lovely growing collection, love the display shelf as well :)

Lanthanotus

Shonisaurus

The Safari ankylosaurus is even larger than the ankylosaurus Walking with dinosaurs. It is only surpassed by the Collecta ankylosaurus in size of all the ankylosaurus that I have in my collection and that has proof. Well, I'm wrong the favorite ankylosaurus of my resin collection is even bigger at least longer.

Jose S.M.

Here are some photos of my updated display:

That wall is so dirty, I'm going to paint my room ASAP  :-[

*insert Jurassic Park theme*
(in case the pic is too blurry, there's a mosquito over the Nigersaurus  :)) )

Halichoeres

Nice setup! How do you decide who gets to go on the top shelf?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinomike

A great collection! I wish a had such good shelves for displaying my dinosaurs! Are some of the models made by you?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ceratopsian

Jose S.M.

Thanks avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , avatar_Dinomike @Dinomike and avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian !

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2018, 09:13:48 PM

the side with Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, etc is mostly figures in or close to 1:35 (I used your collection thread as reference for some scales I didn't knew, like the Gryposaurus and big Iguano that's not exactly 1:35 but looks very huge everywhere else) except the Safari Iguanodon, Papo baby Triceratops and my home-made Edmontosaurus. I could have placed the Iguanodon with the other ornithopods but I like that it looks like a juvenile (except for the color but maybe is a juvenile of different sex too  ;)), baby trike goes with it's parent and my sculpt I don't know the exact scale but I think it fits. The other side I just decided to place the "small feathered dinos" there. When I get the Safari Stego and Allo I will probably place them in the top shelf  and reacomodate,  I'm thinking on getting another shelf to make the top as  long as the bottom at least in the left side to acomodate future releases too.

Quote from: Dinomike on October 19, 2018, 09:23:27 PM
A great collection! I wish a had such good shelves for displaying my dinosaurs! Are some of the models made by you?

Yes, there are some made by me in the mix  :)

Faelrin

Really nice display and collection you have there. Those are some really nice repaints too (like the 2018 Safari LTD Triceratops).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

I too regularly mine avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres's thread for scales.  It's a very useful resource indeed and thanks to him for giving it to us.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 20, 2018, 02:00:10 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2018, 09:13:48 PM
........I used your collection thread as reference for some scales I didn't knew.....

Jose S.M.

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin ! I made a spoiler  ;D... I still have to make the finishing touches on the Triceratops.

IrritatorRaji

Jose S.M.

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji  No I didn't make that one, I wish hehehe. That's the favorite fukui museum exclusive Guanlong. It comes in a set with a Yinlong, but I got this one alone from Halichoeres.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.