News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Allosaurus Toys [Completed]

Started by Gwangi, July 11, 2016, 08:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your Top 10 Allosaurus Toys/Figures

1988 Carnegie Collection
1996 Carnegie Collection
CollectA
Favorite Co. Ltd. Series 1
Favorite Co. Ltd. Series 2
Jurassic World Basher and Biters by Hasbro
The Lost World: Jurassic Park Med Center
Jurassic Park Dino Showdown by Hasbro
Papo
The Lost Kingdoms Series A by Yowie
Wild Safari Original
Wild Safari Re-sculpt
Starlux
Aurora Prehistoric scenes
Inpro
Bullyland
Walking with Dinosaurs by Toyway
Kaiyodo Dinotales
Kaiyodo Dinoland 100mm Series
Kaiyodo Dinoland/Dinotales 1/20
Marx
UKRD
Happinet
Jurassic World Walmart Exclusive Blind Bag
Kabaya
Bandai Dinosaur Diorama
World of History by Schleich
Replica-Saurus by Schleich Version 1
Replica-Saurus by Schleich Version 2
Replica-Saurus by Schleich Version 3

Gwangi

Vote for your top ten favorite Allosaurus toys/figures. You may pick up to ten toys.

Lanthanotus

Gwangi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 11, 2016, 09:15:08 PM
I miss this one ;)

I know it's by Schleich but which line is it from? Schleich has many.

Lanthanotus

Good question,.... according to toyanimal.info it's just "Schleich", no line specified. I also found that there's two Schleich Replica-Saurus 1:40 Allosaurs..... the one you got for an avatar and also the bigger, former edition of the "World of History" one.

Gwangi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 11, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
Good question,.... according to toyanimal.info it's just "Schleich", no line specified. I also found that there's two Schleich Replica-Saurus 1:40 Allosaurs..... the one you got for an avatar and also the bigger, former edition of the "World of History" one.

Well, once I sort out what is what I'll add them all.  :)

Gwangi

No more suggestions? I must have put a good list together.  :P

MLMjp

About the Schleich Allosaurus issue.... There are three Allosaurus in the replicasaurus line.
The first one, released in 2001 or 2002:

The second one, from the small dinos "subline" of the replicasaurus line, released in 2006:

And the third one, released in 2008, and one of my personal favorites ;D:

Derek.McManus

The first one is wonderful in a movie monster way in my opinion and I bought my son no 3 because it reminded me of Bid Al from Walking with Dinosaurs!

Crackington

Quote from: Gwangi on July 13, 2016, 03:59:54 PM
No more suggestions? I must have put a good list together.  :P

What about the Inpro and the Aurora Prehistoric scenes? Neither have stood the test of time very well, but they're great fun.

Gwangi

Thread has been up for over a week, not a lot of contributions. I added those that were suggested and now it's time to vote!

Gwangi

What's going on here? Is this forum in a lull? Get voting people! We need member participation!

DinoToyForum

I voted ages ago! I'll put out an announcement on social media.

When we are up to, say, 50 votes. Then I'll make the top 10 video.   

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 22, 2016, 05:42:25 PM
I voted ages ago! I'll put out an announcement on social media.

When we are up to, say, 50 votes. Then I'll make the top 10 video.

Maybe Allosaurus just isn't that popular?  :-\ Or maybe it's just me. I dunno, it seems that the other top 10 polls had more suggestions and votes. This one seems kinda dead.

Crackington

I think Allosaurus is very popular as it's probably the second flesheater kids discover after T-Rex and it has a certain coolness. The low traffic on this thread might be more to do with the time of year, with the holiday season kicked in. I'm enjoying the thread anyway so thanks for getting it going. I'm also pleased that at least one other person voted for the Aurora model!

Derek.McManus

:) I think I was aware of Allosaurs before Tyrannosaurus Rex when I was growing up in the 70's!

Patrx

Unfortunately, I recall Allosaurus being relegated to "little Tyrannosaurus with extra fingers" when I was a kid. It took me awhile to really appreciate it for the fascinating animal it was!

Gwangi

Kids these days are probably less aware of Allosaurus. Growing up it always played second fiddle to Tyrannosaurus but aside from T. rex was certainly popular enough. Now you have Velociraptor, Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, Giganotosaurus, etc. etc. that probably have pushed Allosaurus down a few pegs. It's still one of my favorite theropods and on occasion I might even list it as my favorite theropod. Favorites tend to fluctuate, either way it's high on the list.

Crackington

So it should be given your user name!

Gwangi

laticauda

Not saying it is an excuse but I just got back from vacation, plus I am doing a lot of home repairs.   Allosaurus is my favorite Dinosaur along with Stegosaurus.  When I was a kid I would stare at the skeleton at the museum until I was told by my parents to move along. The reason why Big Al doesn't get as much love is that it has always played second fiddle to T-Rex.  It always seemes to be portrayed as a smaller T-Rex or generic carnivore, at least as far back as I remember.    The toys were never as fierce as T-Rex.  Now you have Velociraptors and Spinosaurus from JP fame and  Carnotaurus with its interesting head gear, which leaves Allosaurus sort of forgotten.  One of the things I liked about Planet Dinosaur was it showed how unique and interesting the animal really is.  My big problem with Allosaurus, is not the animal, its the toys that have been made.  I am still looking for that one toy that really defines the species and looks great.  Most of them look, ho hum. 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.