News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Allosaurus Toys [Completed]

Started by Gwangi, July 11, 2016, 08:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your Top 10 Allosaurus Toys/Figures

1988 Carnegie Collection
1996 Carnegie Collection
CollectA
Favorite Co. Ltd. Series 1
Favorite Co. Ltd. Series 2
Jurassic World Basher and Biters by Hasbro
The Lost World: Jurassic Park Med Center
Jurassic Park Dino Showdown by Hasbro
Papo
The Lost Kingdoms Series A by Yowie
Wild Safari Original
Wild Safari Re-sculpt
Starlux
Aurora Prehistoric scenes
Inpro
Bullyland
Walking with Dinosaurs by Toyway
Kaiyodo Dinotales
Kaiyodo Dinoland 100mm Series
Kaiyodo Dinoland/Dinotales 1/20
Marx
UKRD
Happinet
Jurassic World Walmart Exclusive Blind Bag
Kabaya
Bandai Dinosaur Diorama
World of History by Schleich
Replica-Saurus by Schleich Version 1
Replica-Saurus by Schleich Version 2
Replica-Saurus by Schleich Version 3

Gwangi

I would say the Kaiyodo Allosaurus comes closest to how I envision the animal. It's not a toy of course but I'll have to buy one, one of these days. In the mean time I'm quite content with the Papo, and the two Favorite models as well. A CollectA deluxe would be nice.

Derek.McManus

Out of curiosity I went back and checked the first book I recall owning about Dinosaurs ( Ladybird published 1974) though incorrectly captioned as ' Antrodemus ' the dinosaur on the front cover is Allosaurs and Tyrannosaurus Rex only gets one page inside, though the version published in the 1980s has Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops on the front cover!

Postosuchus84

I know while growing up I had the Med Center Allosaurus from The Lost World: Jurassic Park toyline and it was my quintessential Allosaurus toy. I loved the heck out of that Allosaurus incarnation! It was between that and the Allosaurus from the Carnegie line (the newer sculpt). I did acquire the older Carnegie sculpt for the Allosaurus though much later, but that was me being somewhat of a completist.

Gwangi

I love that Med Center Allosaurus, one of the best JP toys IMO. It's another one I still need to get my hands on.

Postosuchus84

Quote from: Gwangi on July 23, 2016, 04:23:51 PM
I love that Med Center Allosaurus, one of the best JP toys IMO. It's another one I still need to get my hands on.

Unfortunately it's very hard to find complete actually. Seems to be the way of action figures and what not. I had some issues with finding complete things for my other interests. Thankfully I still have my Med Center and Allosaurus in decent enough condition. The blood vat however did dry up a bit unfortunately, but I think that is a known issue sadly. My JP collection is mostly complete as it is with few things missing in terms of accessories of capture gear and human figure accessories. I didn't get too much of the JW line because of the overall poor quality of it. I was eight or nine when the first Jurassic Park came out in 1993. Got into dinosaurs itself when I was three after a museum visit.

Gwangi

I was 9 years old too when JP came out but I think my interest in dinosaurs stemmed from other dinosaur movies, principally "The Land Before Time" and oddly enough, "Planet of Dinosaurs".

Mostly I just want the Med Center Allosaurus, I don't care as much about the center itself. But even finding a complete Allosaurus with all of its pieces can be difficult.

Postosuchus84

Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2016, 03:49:55 AM
I was 9 years old too when JP came out but I think my interest in dinosaurs stemmed from other dinosaur movies, principally "The Land Before Time" and oddly enough, "Planet of Dinosaurs".

Mostly I just want the Med Center Allosaurus, I don't care as much about the center itself. But even finding a complete Allosaurus with all of its pieces can be difficult.

Those were favored movies as well when I saw them when I was a kid. I know TNT used to do some sort of dinosaur movie marathon on the weekends and my family took the opportunity to record them on VHS. I'd watch the recorded movies over and over to the point I wore out the VHS tape and finally stopped when I couldn't watch it anymore. I actually saw the film "Dinosaurus" and really enjoyed that actually as well. It used to be my favorite dinosaur movie until JP came out. It was definitely good fun.

Yeah. It is definitely hard to find the Medical Center Allosaurus complete with all dino-damage pieces. It's definitely will cost you an arm and a leg when you do. It stinks because it really is a nice Allosaurus action figure.

Gwangi

Quote from: Postosuchus84 on July 24, 2016, 02:45:15 PM
Those were favored movies as well when I saw them when I was a kid. I know TNT used to do some sort of dinosaur movie marathon on the weekends and my family took the opportunity to record them on VHS. I'd watch the recorded movies over and over to the point I wore out the VHS tape and finally stopped when I couldn't watch it anymore. I actually saw the film "Dinosaurus" and really enjoyed that actually as well. It used to be my favorite dinosaur movie until JP came out. It was definitely good fun.

Yeah. It is definitely hard to find the Medical Center Allosaurus complete with all dino-damage pieces. It's definitely will cost you an arm and a leg when you do. It stinks because it really is a nice Allosaurus action figure.

I remember those TNT marathons as well. I remember catching "The Valley of Gwangi" at its tail end and being absolutely crushed by Gwangi's death scene. "Dinosaurus" was a favorite of mine too, I remember owning it on VHS.

Derek.McManus

I remember those TNT marathons as well. I remember catching "The Valley of Gwangi" at its tail end and being absolutely crushed by Gwangi's death scene. "Dinosaurus" was a favorite of mine too, I remember owning it on VHS.
[/quote]
I recall watch Gwangi with my father in the 70s as a child and being absolutely gutted when the creature died! Also I recall going to see Peter Jackson's King Kong in the cinema in Maghera when it was released and noticing a young couple with their son and daughter in their pajamas, ready for bed after the movie and recall remarking to Angela who was with me that there would be tears before bedtime and boy was I right!

laticauda

Quote from: Gwangi on July 23, 2016, 03:03:52 AM
I would say the Kaiyodo Allosaurus comes closest to how I envision the animal. It's not a toy of course but I'll have to buy one, one of these days. In the mean time I'm quite content with the Papo, and the two Favorite models as well. A CollectA deluxe would be nice.

I would love it if CollectA did a deluxe model. 

sauroid

oh too bad it's too late to add the Colorata Allosaurus (version 1 and 2)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyra-rex2

I voted although I admit that I didn't really know what all of the options looked like and was too lazy to look all of them up.  By the way, if non-toy figures are included, the Ants Allosaurus skeleton could have been on the list.  I would have put it at the top of my votes.

Roger

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 11, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
Good question,.... according to toyanimal.info it's just "Schleich", no line specified. I also found that there's two Schleich Replica-Saurus 1:40 Allosaurs..... the one you got for an avatar and also the bigger, former edition of the "World of History" one.

The small 2006 Schleich allosaurus is from a line that is known as Junior line that can be seen here. I noticed now that their individual pages are missing a mention to their series and I'll fix it. Toyanimal.info needs definitively more editors, mainly those related with this thematic once we are most oriented to wildlife and farm series. If anyone wants to be an editor, you can contact me or @Tiermann.
Toy Animal Wiki can be very helpful to those building these poll topics once it gives a decent overview of what was released.
By the way, I voted and my single vote seems very predictable considering how it ended.

DinoToyForum

The results of this poll are now ready to be immortalised in video top ten?

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.