News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich New for 2017

Started by Takama, July 25, 2016, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I know what your thinking.   Aint it a little early for this?

Well yes, but we have enough information to clarify what is slated for 2017

First off. The following were showed off in the instruction manual for the Volcano set which is slated for a December release

Allosaurus (confirmed name)

Brachiosaurus (Confirmed Name)

The following are confirmed to be as follows

Utahraptor

Acrocanthosaurus

Kentrosaurus

Stegosaurus

Utahraptor Microraptor and Velociraptor.

With all of this info, i beleive we can start the new sub bourd for 2017 items

Roselaar

Not a very inspired line-up. The Stegosaurus looks kinda copied from Schleich's own Kentrosaurus.

Sim

So Schleich still hasn't made a Velociraptor that bears any resemblance to a real Velociraptor.  It's sad that Schleich has made five different figures they've called Velociraptor (repaints excluded), and none of them even have a head that's the right shape.  It's even more sad since Schleich markets their figures as educational.  I hope these new dromaeosaurid figures will lead to Schleich discontinuing their horrid Velociraptor figures.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I wasn't expecting feathered raptors from Schleich. They're still bad, but at least they have feathers. The stand-alone utahraptor looks like it has hoatzin-inspired coloration. Maybe the two could be a male/female pair. The only one I'd probably buy is the stegosaurus, but mostly due to its resemblance to the WWD stegosaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on July 25, 2016, 08:53:47 PM
I know what your thinking.   Aint it a little early for this?

Well yes, but we have enough infromation to clarify what is slated for 2017

First off. The following were reviled in the instruction maneual for the Volcano set which is slated for a december release==

Nice freudian slip  :P

tanystropheus

I might be interested in Stego.

Is it identical in size to the Kentro? Is it left-sided or right-sided?

Jose S.M.

The Stegosaurus looks pretty good, but it's true the pose is very similar to the Kentrosaurus. The first one... is an Allosaurus?

Takama

Quote from: Joe289 on July 25, 2016, 10:06:44 PM
The Stegosaurus looks pretty good, but it's true the pose is very similar to the Kentrosaurus. The first one... is an Allosaurus?

The first two are not confirmed by name yet. But Allosaurus and Brachiosaurus are the most likely of items

Also we cant forget about the Plesiosaurus that was mistakenly put up on the American and Canadian Website without a picture.

SpartanSquat

Postosuchus84

Glad Schleich is jumping on the feathered dinosaur bandwagon at least. I don't mind the retrosaurs due to nostalgia goggles, but I do love when effort is put into making them at least mostly accurate. I hope more companies do the same in the future.

Derek.McManus

Interesting new models! Looking forward to the Stegosaurs!

tanystropheus

Maybe it's the angle, but the Brachiosaurus feet look kinda bad.

Paleona

The Brachy looks ok to me; at least they seem to be trying to get the feet right! :)
I like the look of the Stego, probably because I love their Kentro, haha; I am kind of surprised that its color scheme is a bit dull. The feathers are unexpected, and the dromies still look pretty monster-y, but I suppose that's a step in the right direction!

Thanks for sharing these pics!

Sim

I wonder if the Microraptor is a repaint of the one in the cave set released last year?: http://levidatoys.co.uk/product/42261-dinosaur-playset-with-cave/

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Paleona on July 27, 2016, 02:56:29 PM
The Brachy looks ok to me; at least they seem to be trying to get the feet right! :)
I like the look of the Stego, probably because I love their Kentro, haha; I am kind of surprised that its color scheme is a bit dull. The feathers are unexpected, and the dromies still look pretty monster-y, but I suppose that's a step in the right direction!

Thanks for sharing these pics!

I'm good with the colors in Stego's body,  I always picture stegos in those kind of colors,  but they could have done something more colorful and attractive to the plates.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Sim on July 27, 2016, 03:17:43 PM
I wonder if the Microraptor is a repaint of the one in the cave set released last year?: http://levidatoys.co.uk/product/42261-dinosaur-playset-with-cave/

Yeah, definitely is. If you look closely at the models, you can see they're exactly the same. It seems Schleich hasn't found out yet that we actually know what colors Microraptor had...

CityRaptor

It seems they just took the colors from Safari's Feathered Dinos Toob Microraptor and switched the green and blue parts around.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

To put it bluntly: To me they´re a load of crap except of the Microraptor and the Stegosaurus.

tanystropheus

Is there a good reason why the Microraptor is not black in color?

Libraraptor

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 28, 2016, 01:42:41 AM
Is there a good reason why the Microraptor is not black in color?

I guess the reason is Schleichs incapability ::)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.