News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich New for 2017

Started by Takama, July 25, 2016, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

as i said a billion times before, expect Schleich to screw things up one way or another.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

As I said in a different thread, I'm not a Schleich fan (I despise their ruthless marketing policies) and I don't buy their products. But I will give credit where credit is due. After so many years of scaly or nearly-all-scaly raptors, these three feathered ones are a definite step in the right direction.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Schleich products are intended primarily for consumption smaller. Collectors are not compatible toys.

They are designed for children, that does not mean that their figures are horrible. At least play mobile his figures are comparatively better finished and is also a company whose products are intended solely for the children's world.

Unfortunately we do not have many companies except Safari, Collecta, Battat, Rebor or Kinto whose toys are compatible with collectors.

This is a personal opinion and does not wish to offend anyone the forum, as is logical dinosaurs are products intended for children and resin figures except no longer mere toys. :-\

stargatedalek

I think being marketed to children makes it even more objectionable. If you teach children that wrong things are true those wrong ideas become ingrained.

CityRaptor

I fully agree. An educational toy - which Schleich claims they make - should be educational.

And there is a study to back up stargate's claim about it sticking:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1225.msg57581
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Toasaurus

i saw the schleich stegosaurus at my local toy store and awsome that were getting another sauropod form schleich this brachiosaurus looks good and its abour time schleich made and fully feathered reptor that not velcioraptor or microraptor allosaurus is meh

Appalachiosaurus

Baby steps. Every year Schleich takes a tiny baby step in the right direction, at this rate we'll have sideshow quality figurines in 80 years!

Flaffy

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on August 08, 2016, 07:03:40 AM
Baby steps. Every year Schleich takes a tiny baby step in the right direction, at this rate we'll have sideshow quality figurines in 80 years!
No no no. Let's not rush Schleich, 80 years is too short, they still need time to rerelease, reuse and redo their older models, over and over again, they like that. Probably 126 years minimal until we get a dinosaur accurate to 2015. If they want to do a whole line of accurate new species, expect the wait to become 200 years. 

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on August 08, 2016, 07:03:40 AM

And five steps backwards :))

CityRaptor

Ah, come on. Those are literally their best "Raptors" yet...even if that does not mean much.
Oh no

Takama

CityRaptor

Oh.
Can you make a comparism shot with the Kentro?
Oh no

Halichoeres

At first I thought this was a slight tweak of the Kentrosaurus sculpt, just reflected across the sagittal axis. But now I'm holding my Kentrosaurus up to the screen and this is a new sculpt. It's very similar of course, but it isn't like the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus/Styracosaurus in terms of similarity. This is Schleich's best Stegosaurus yet (but this isn't a high bar).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

tanystropheus

tyrantqueen

I dunno if I would pick it up, but I like the veins sculpted onto the Stegosaurus' plates. Reminds me of WWD, when the Stegosaurus flushed his plates to scare off a predator. They'd look great with some red drybrushing. Coupled with the defensive posture, I think it works well.

sauroid

side by side pic where we can see the heads of both figures please. thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Turret

That is a good looking Stegosaurus. Wish the plates were a brighter color but good enough. The colors do remind me of the WWD stegosaurus for some reason.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Turret on August 09, 2016, 09:39:47 AM
That is a good looking Stegosaurus. Wish the plates were a brighter color but good enough. The colors do remind me of the WWD stegosaurus for some reason.

It's probably based off the WWD Stegosaurus, because Schleich steals takes inspiration from popular dinosaur media. The veins in the plates are a cool concept, but I've read somewhere that it wouldn't be very likely because the plates would be covered in hard keratin. Still, this is a pretty nice looking stego, not bad for a Schleich figure.

pylraster

I would have liked this, if only it was bigger. Good enough for Schleich.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.