News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich New for 2017

Started by Takama, July 25, 2016, 08:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

I thought stego would be bigger than Kentro, but looks nice!

Megalosaurus

Nice stego.

Does anyone have pics of the new ammonites?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dinomike

I think the new Stegosaurus looks really good! It makes a good pair for the Kentrosaurus. Makes me think whether or not the sculptor was the same for both of these. The paint job is a bit on the plain side compared to the Kentrosaurus. Nonetheless, a good looking piece! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

Quote from: Megalosaurus on August 09, 2016, 06:54:20 PM
Nice stego.

Given that those are exclusive to the Adventskalender, I think it might take a few months till someon has them. Of course that thing also costs 30 Euros, which is rather expensive given what else is in there....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 09, 2016, 10:02:55 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on August 09, 2016, 06:54:20 PM
Nice stego.

Given that those are exclusive to the Adventskalender, I think it might take a few months till someon has them. Of course that thing also costs 30 Euros, which is rather expensive given what else is in there....

Thats the problem with this company. they put under represented small species in larges play-sets and force you to buy them if you want to own them.

Halichoeres

Speaking of underrepresented species, I just looked at some closeups of the fish included in the advent calendar and the volcano playset and it does not look anything like a contemporary flying fish, which is peculiar because Schleich often does quite well with extant animals. The fish looks to me more like Potanichthys, or maybe Thoracopterus, perleidiform fishes with gliding pectoral fins from the middle Triassic. Any indication that this resemblance was intentional on Schleich's part?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Everything_Dinosaur

Here are two articles published recently on the Everything Dinosaur blog, they include pics and measurements plus potential release dates and other details with regards to the first new for 2017 releases from Schleich.

First article on the larger models (four of them) from Schleich: Schleich New for 2017 Part 1

Second article on the minis, small dinosaur model box set and details of the "raptor" pack: Schleich New for 2017 Part 2

Hopefully, these articles along with the other posts on this thread have helped.

sauroid

well, if Schleich will make the new figures with articulated jaws and denture-like teeth again, i'll pass (again). i used to be a heavy Schleich buyer but since their prehistoric figures are becoming more and more children-oriented and seems to be not improving at all in terms of accuracy, i've lost interest. i might consider the stego and brach tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

pylraster

The new Brach is hilarious. Easy pass! :D :D

Takama

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on August 10, 2016, 01:53:23 PM
Here are two articles published recently on the Everything Dinosaur blog, they include pics and measurements plus potential release dates and other details with regards to the first new for 2017 releases from Schleich.

First article on the larger models (four of them) from Schleich: Schleich New for 2017 Part 1

Second article on the minis, small dinosaur model box set and details of the "raptor" pack: Schleich New for 2017 Part 2

Hopefully, these articles along with the other posts on this thread have helped.

Please tell me that new Velociraptor in the Raptor Squad pack will be available seperatly. if not i will be furious.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on August 10, 2016, 09:13:39 PM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on August 10, 2016, 01:53:23 PM

Please tell me that new Velociraptor in the Raptor Squad pack will be available seperatly. if not i will be furious.

Seems like a reasonable thing to elicit fury.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Derek.McManus

The Stegosaurs is the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Keaton64

I don't know why they're going with a third repaint of the mini velociraptor & spinosaurus, they had three others to choose from the original 8 that haven't had a repaint yet (not counting the version 1 Rex, since they're going with a different model).

Silvanusaurus

That new small spinosaurus would have looked alright if it had come out a decade ago. Though it still looks like the best spino they've done yet. The new feathered velociraptor from the boxed raptor set is interesting, it's not great but it's interesting... it actually looks pretty bird-like until you get to the hands.

CityRaptor

Given Schleich's track record, you should be furious, given that it probably won't be sold by itself.

Let's see:
Brachiosaurus - finally a Schleich Brachio without a grumpy expression. Is this just me or does the head look shrink-wrapped?

Stegosaurus looks best of those.

Allosaurus - pronated hands and the proportions are really off, with a fat tail and a really short torso.

Utahraptor - looks like someone plucked it...seriously, even the skin looks like that of a featherless bird!

Minis:
Tyrannosaurus - Oh look, the Tripod Rex is back.
Spinosaurus - that makes version 3 of that terrible mold. ( Version 4 if we count Sam, which seems identical to the green & brown one )
Velociraptor - Still really more of an Indominus Rex...
Utahraptor - best of the bunch. Also seems to be more accurate than the big one...

Predator Box Set:
Yeah, Schleich once again uses Google Image Search.

Raptor Pack:
Utahraptor - still plucked
Velociraptor - Schleich's best Velociraptor...but only because their others are even worse.
Microraptor - Probably Schleich's best Raptor.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rain

I really don't like the way the feathering is done on the Velociraptor, it kind of makes me shudder. It sorta looks like it has dropsy, if there's any aquarists here.

Gwangi

I kinda like the Brachiosaurus. But there are like, four other Brachiosaurus figures that I need, and they all take priority. The Stegosaurus is nice too but again, not a priority.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I have yet to see any Schleich models I would actually purchase, other than a few of 2016's batch. I see a few positive trends this year, though still nothing I want. I wonder if Schleich is about to pull a Collecta and actually produce consistently decent figures? I'm pretty biased against them, though, so personally I doubt it.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Rain on August 11, 2016, 12:35:43 AM
I really don't like the way the feathering is done on the Velociraptor, it kind of makes me shudder. It sorta looks like it has dropsy, if there's any aquarists here.

I'm pretty sure Schleich confirmed that the new raptors are Utahraptor and Deinonychus. But yeah, the feathers aren't great.

Dilopho

I'm imagining a fake "dino news" report for this  ;D

BREAKING NEWS EVERYONE
Schleich is....actually TRYING. ???
Shocking, right? They've...
...what? This can't be right... :o
....reports say they've added feathers on places other than the arms of their dinosaurs... :o
...incredible.  ;D

Joking aside, I don't have much money ever but I think I might save up for that raptor set, or maybe get it for Christmas if it comes out early! I think 2017 will be the "Year of the featherraptor"!

Schleich, Papo and Chap Mei all added feathers to their raptors!

And to think I picked up the green Schleich Velociraptor the other week because it was the most feathered one I could find  :(

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.