News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Halichoeres's drawings

Started by Halichoeres, July 28, 2016, 11:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus yes, I do my own illustrations, although they take days or weeks to produce sometimes. I sometimes illustrate other people's papers as well; in fact, I have more "acknowledgments" for illustrations than I have authorships for papers. That probably doesn't look great on my CV.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 01, 2018, 05:05:07 PM

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus yes, I do my own illustrations, although they take days or weeks to produce sometimes. I sometimes illustrate other people's papers as well; in fact, I have more "acknowledgments" for illustrations than I have authorships for papers. That probably doesn't look great on my CV.

Shouldn't hurt either, would it? After all, one can be a successfull artist aswell as a successfull scientist ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 01, 2018, 07:29:38 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 01, 2018, 05:05:07 PM

Shouldn't hurt either, would it? After all, one can be a successfull artist aswell as a successfull scientist ;)

Well, that's the hope!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Here's my rendition of Fuyuanichthys wangi, described last month.

I really gotta work on my scale technique.

Bokisaurus

Nice one. It would be a cool one to try and sculpt :D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 08, 2019, 06:21:41 PM
Nice one. It would be a cool one to try and sculpt :D

Should be relatively straightforward :)

Halichoeres

Brochoadmones milesi
Early Devonian
colored pencil on heavy-toothed paper

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Great art, and a really cool animal! Didn't know acanthodians achieved such a stocky body plan.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

Thank you! Yeah, they were pretty diverse, actually! Unfortunately we'll never know quite how diverse because a lot of them are known only from spines. And they're small, which means they don't attract as much attention as, say, megalodon sharks or Dunkleosteus.

Flaffy

Lovely drawings  ^-^ really digging the colours on the Brochoadmones.

It's a shame that the only prehistoric fish that get any attention whatsoever are dunkleosteus and o. megalodon.
Maybe Safari or CollectA can make a prehistoric fishes tube? ;)

acro-man

Quote from: Flaffy on January 15, 2019, 02:54:30 PM
Lovely drawings  ^-^ really digging the colours on the Brochoadmones.

It's a shame that the only prehistoric fish that get any attention whatsoever are dunkleosteus and o. megalodon.
Maybe Safari or CollectA can make a prehistoric fishes tube? ;)

I think Kaiyodo has a decent line of prehistoric fish capsules.
Small but detailed.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Halichoeres

Thank you! As for the Kaiyodo figures, they're beautiful, but they're all discontinued, and they never made an acanthodian (unless you count Cladoselache as an acanthodian).

Halichoeres

New Cretaceous hagfish Tethymyxine tapirostrum, burrowing into a mosasaur belly. I lit it as though you were observing it from a Cretaceous submersible.

"Tethymyxine tapirostrum"

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Your artwork is beautiful, why didn't I see this before?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

Magnificent paleoartistic recreation of fish and other marine animals that have disappeared. I really like your paleoartistic recreations, your animals are very realistic. In fact you are an illustrator. Your works of art are very beautiful. Do you publish your works in a paleontology book?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 28, 2019, 12:30:36 AM
Your artwork is beautiful, why didn't I see this before?

Thank you, that's very kind!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 28, 2019, 07:42:01 AM
Magnificent paleoartistic recreation of fish and other marine animals that have disappeared. I really like your paleoartistic recreations, your animals are very realistic. In fact you are an illustrator. Your works of art are very beautiful. Do you publish your works in a paleontology book?

Thank you for that. I just do these for fun. I have a couple of published technical illustrations in scientific papers, but they all depict extant fishes or pieces thereof (such as a lungfish pelvis).

Bokisaurus

Halichoeres

One of the cooler protostegids: Calcarichelys gemma

Jose S.M.

Somehow I missed that last post, a great drawing and yeah, it's a pretty cool looking animal!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 14, 2019, 02:12:58 PM

Brochoadmones milesi
Early Devonian
colored pencil on heavy-toothed paper

This one looks so much like a knife fish  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.