News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2016 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, August 03, 2016, 11:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to eight [8] dioramas

1. A beautiful day in the Cloverly
42 (37.5%)
2. Alone on the beach
30 (26.8%)
3. An Old English Fisherman
63 (56.3%)
4. Can this mother Spinosaurus defend her kill and offspring from this vicious Carcharodontosaurus
6 (5.4%)
5. Caught one!
14 (12.5%)
6. Don't breathe
15 (13.4%)
7. Don't make me wait for you
13 (11.6%)
8. Early Morning Ambush at Patagonian Canyon 90 MYA
4 (3.6%)
9. Expedition archive photo #045, Central Africa, 1933
19 (17%)
10. Feel the Winter
37 (33%)
11. Funeral Party
12 (10.7%)
12. Giants of the Forest
29 (25.9%)
13. Horns vs Spikes
2 (1.8%)
14. Jurassic traffic jam
8 (7.1%)
15. La Grande Bouffe
35 (31.3%)
16. Lambeosaurus on the lam
27 (24.1%)
17. Lunch Break
6 (5.4%)
18. Mist Opportunity
63 (56.3%)
19. Misty Morning Promenade
61 (54.5%)
20. Nesting Instinct
5 (4.5%)
21. Permian Peace - In Memoriam Zdeněk Burian
66 (58.9%)
22. Protoceratops Parched Parents
15 (13.4%)
23. Tasty Veggies
5 (4.5%)
24. Teaching Your Child To Fish
2 (1.8%)
25. Tell your friend to watch where he's going
30 (26.8%)
26. The new king
0 (0%)
27. Twilight
45 (40.2%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 11:22:33 PM

DinoToyForum

Voting for the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2016 is now open!

Thanks to all the entrants! Thanks to Stargatedalek for compiling the entries.

The poll will run for 30 days and you can vote for your top eight [8] entries. Voting for oneself is allowed. Take your time when voting because once you've selected your dioramas, they can't be changed later.

The entries will remain anonymous throughout the voting process, so please don't give the game away: no hints, clues, or discussion about who dioramas might belong to. Also, please don't discuss which dioramas you voted for until after the poll closes. Otherwise, general discussion of the entries is more than welcome!

The 'dinoramas' are as follows (this is obviously an image-heavy post so please allow time for all the pictures to download):

1. A beautiful day in the Cloverly

2. Alone on the beach

3. An Old English Fisherman

4. Can this mother Spinosaurus defend her kill and offspring from this vicious Carcharodontosaurus

5. Caught one!

6. Don't breathe

7. Don't make me wait for you

8. Early Morning Ambush at Patagonian Canyon 90 MYA

9. Expedition archive photo #045, Central Africa, 1933

10. Feel the Winter

11. Funeral Party

12. Giants of the Forest

13. Horns vs Spikes

14. Jurassic traffic jam

15. La Grande Bouffe

16. Lambeosaurus on the lam

17. Lunch Break

18. Mist Opportunity

19. Misty Morning Promenade

20. Nesting Instinct

21. Permian Peace - In Memoriam Zdeněk Burian

22. Protoceratops Parched Parents

23. Tasty Veggies

24. Teaching Your Child To Fish

25. Tell your friend to watch where he's going

26. The new king

27. Twilight

Pachyrhinosaurus

I thought it would be easier to decide with fewer entries. So many good ones this year.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

This is my first time voting and it's so difficult to pick! So many great choices and some of the favorite figures in my collection are represented!

Patrx

There are some really lovely entries here! It may take me some time to decide how to vote...

DinoLord

Definitely no shortage of great entries despite the overall smaller submission pool.

Simon

You ain't kiddin'!  This is gonna take some time - its like all the fluffy entries have been removed but we have more serious entries than ever before!  Wow.

Pick 8?  I might have trouble "picking 18" from this lineup!!!

stargatedalek

I'm so sorry for the issues making the poll everyone, especially Dr Admin. It felt great to be a part of this and there really are a lot of amazing entries this year.

AcroSauroTaurus

So many awesome dioramas this year! It was hard to pick only 8! ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Arul

Good job everyone :) but there is one diorama that drop my jaw...hope that diorama take a place as the winner in the end. Good luck everybody and thanks to dr.Admin and Star, without you this wont be happened :)

Tumtist

Tough choice to choose here,every diorama look good~

Lanthanotus

Thx to the hosts aswell.... and heck, I wanna make a decision, but I wrote all favs down and.... well, there's too many for eight votes :D

.... and another "aww", no discussion?! Sure, you're right about it, but I so wanna know the origin of one of the figures shown... (/switchestocalmmodeforanother30days)

Lanthanotus

Reading the topic once more I recognize that discussion isn't entirely "forbidden" and while the answer to my curiosity will sure have to wait until the poll is over, I have another point....

I really appreciate the variety of ideas and figures shown, just spotted one figure appearing in two dioramas. That does not in any way substrat from the dioramas' quality, just I wouldn't have been surprised about several high rated figures appearing more often :)

Silvanusaurus

A very interesting selection of photos, and some very striking images! Well done everyone! I'm glad theres a good while to take our time with the voting.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 04, 2016, 11:26:11 AM
Thx to the hosts aswell.... and heck, I wanna make a decision, but I wrote all favs down and.... well, there's too many for eight votes :D

.... and another "aww", no discussion?! Sure, you're right about it, but I so wanna know the origin of one of the figures shown... (/switchestocalmmodeforanother30days)
I didn't entire this year but I recognize most of the figures, can't hurt to ask.

Some of them I absolutely can't tell you though.

Bokisaurus

Congratulations to everyone who submitted this year, what an amazing selections with some truly wonderful effects!
Sometimes less is more, good luck everyone!

Kovu

All the entries are fantastic this year! Very hard to narrow it down to just eight, but good luck to everyone.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 04, 2016, 04:37:56 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 04, 2016, 11:26:11 AM

I didn't entire this year but I recognize most of the figures, can't hurt to ask.

Some of them I absolutely can't tell you though.

Well then, the figure in picture 17, is it custom or a regular toy figure? :)

laticauda

Great Diorama's this year.  Every one of them look good and you can feel the energy that was put into the diorama pictures.  Made my choices, now the hard part of waiting to see who wins.

Simon

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 04, 2016, 07:36:24 PM
Well then, the figure in picture 17, is it custom or a regular toy figure? :)

I was wondering that too - it may be a custom-made figure sculpted from scratch.  It just doesn't look at all familiar ....

stargatedalek

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.