News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2016 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, August 03, 2016, 11:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to eight [8] dioramas

1. A beautiful day in the Cloverly
42 (37.5%)
2. Alone on the beach
30 (26.8%)
3. An Old English Fisherman
63 (56.3%)
4. Can this mother Spinosaurus defend her kill and offspring from this vicious Carcharodontosaurus
6 (5.4%)
5. Caught one!
14 (12.5%)
6. Don't breathe
15 (13.4%)
7. Don't make me wait for you
13 (11.6%)
8. Early Morning Ambush at Patagonian Canyon 90 MYA
4 (3.6%)
9. Expedition archive photo #045, Central Africa, 1933
19 (17%)
10. Feel the Winter
37 (33%)
11. Funeral Party
12 (10.7%)
12. Giants of the Forest
29 (25.9%)
13. Horns vs Spikes
2 (1.8%)
14. Jurassic traffic jam
8 (7.1%)
15. La Grande Bouffe
35 (31.3%)
16. Lambeosaurus on the lam
27 (24.1%)
17. Lunch Break
6 (5.4%)
18. Mist Opportunity
63 (56.3%)
19. Misty Morning Promenade
61 (54.5%)
20. Nesting Instinct
5 (4.5%)
21. Permian Peace - In Memoriam Zdeněk Burian
66 (58.9%)
22. Protoceratops Parched Parents
15 (13.4%)
23. Tasty Veggies
5 (4.5%)
24. Teaching Your Child To Fish
2 (1.8%)
25. Tell your friend to watch where he's going
30 (26.8%)
26. The new king
0 (0%)
27. Twilight
45 (40.2%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: September 02, 2016, 11:22:33 PM

Federreptil

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 04, 2016, 07:36:24 PM
Well then, the figure in picture 17, is it custom or a regular toy figure? :)

I think it's custom made, because I didn't recognize a sitting Ceratosaurus. The usual sitting theropods is a Thyrannosaurid like a Linthronax (Lu Feng Shan), Daspletosaurus (CollectA), T-Rex (Fabricious). The sitting T-Rex (No. 28 Siesta) in the contest of 2013 was custom made too.

Turret

Many good entries this year, picking only 8 will take some time.

postsaurischian

For me it was easy to vote. I have exactly eight that make the difference for me :).
Two of those show extraordinary artistic talent and one of these is simply perfect and must (I'm pretty sure it will) be the winner in the end.

acro-man

exciting!!!!!!!!
to me there's no such apparent, absolute, definite winner.
everybody has got their odds.
so good luck!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Libraraptor

Postosuchus84

Gwangi

A small turnout but the contest doesn't suffer from it, a lot of great entries. Took me a day to decide what I wanted to vote for but I got my votes cast. Good luck everyone.

DinoToyForum

btb300

All of these are great, it was difficult to pick just eight. Good luck for the contenders!
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

Megalosaurus

Is it all right if I vote only 4?
Voting for 8 feels forced for me.

There's a little big thing that ruins a lot of dioramas, this have been discused before, I'm not going to say what it is, but sure some of you noticed it in many entries this year.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

PaleoMatt

Silvanusaurus

My votes have been cast. I went through to choose which ones particularly stood out to me, and funnily enough it was exactly 8.

ceratopsian

I too have voted.  I thought getting it down to eight would be easy - but realised I had more like ten in mind!  I managed in the end.

Takama

I only voted for 4 of them.   I go for ones that are convincingly realistic without looking too much like a bunch of toys in nature.

However i wish everyone luck this year.   

Takama

Quote from: Federreptil on August 05, 2016, 12:54:08 AM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 04, 2016, 07:36:24 PM
Well then, the figure in picture 17, is it custom or a regular toy figure? :)

I think it's custom made, because I didn't recognize a sitting Ceratosaurus. The usual sitting theropods is a Thyrannosaurid like a Linthronax (Lu Feng Shan), Daspletosaurus (CollectA), T-Rex (Fabricious). The sitting T-Rex (No. 28 Siesta) in the contest of 2013 was custom made too.

It is a custom, and i have a hunch on who made it.   But i will NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME say who it is until the contest is over.

Simon

After last year's contest, I am not even going to try to guess which diorama's going to win because these things are completely upredictable. People will often vote based along totally different lines of thought.

For example, if I think "I'm gonna look for the artistically most meritorious dio", I will probably vote differently than if I think "I'm gonna look for the most dino-realistic photo".  My own criteria are probably closer to the latter than the former, but I take all into consideration...

Simon

Quote from: Megalosaurus on August 05, 2016, 04:23:28 PM

There's a little big thing that ruins a lot of dioramas, this have been discused before, I'm not going to say what it is, but sure some of you noticed it in many entries this year.

Yes.  We know.  Its no secret.  And its GREEN.  The bane of miniature photography!  ;)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Simon on August 06, 2016, 06:28:28 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on August 05, 2016, 04:23:28 PM

Yes.  We know.  Its no secret.  And its GREEN.  The bane of miniature photography!  ;)

If what is being alluded to is green, then it's not what I first assumed it was, so now I'm confused. Based on green-ness I think I know what is meant now, but do I really...? Even given the specificity of the colour green, there are still a couple of different things It could conceivably be...  there is more ambiguity here than initially suggested... or am I just overthinking it? 

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 06, 2016, 09:47:26 AM
[...]Even given the specificity of the colour green, there are still a couple of different things It could conceivably be...  there is more ambiguity here than initially suggested... or am I just overthinking it? 

Stop thinking about it or you're going to have a headache.

To help you to relax I throw a random thing:
Do you like Adventure Time show?

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Kayakasaurus

It didn't take me long to vote, 8 turned out to be the perfect number. There are 3 that I really think should win, but it's to hard to just vote for 3. So many great entries.

I think I've spotted at least 4 original sculpted entries. Great jobs!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.