News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Safari doesn't seem to use a secondary paint sealant anymore, or at least not as good of one as they used to use. If you apply one yourself that should solve the issue.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Greetings,
I am an extreme fan of safari ltd dinosaurs especially the models sculpted by Mr. Doug Watson. I am also very much biased toward Tyrannosaurus toys, the family I am fascinated with till my childhood. I always like the Tyrannosaurus toys with protofeathers and it must be whether it is discovered or not. I do believe that they were definitely feathered and there are valid scientific reasons lie for T.rex bearing feathers. I request Mr. Watson always add feathers when you are sculpting any Tyrannosaur toy, like the 2017 version, whether it is other than T.rex, like Dapletosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Tarbosaurus etc.
Lastly, again I also request for the supreme quality semifeathered version of T.rex toy from Mr.Watson and please do not add any base like the Giga 2017 as well as do not make any oversized feet.Tyrannosaurus did not have had lips and latest studies confirmed it. It may go with other dinosaurs especially the Abelisauroids.
Some people are whispering that it is incorrect. Here I ought to say that I have never seen the most correct representation of the tyrant lizard king like this figure has brought about. It is based on Sue specimen and I have seen the skeleton of Sue from various sides and angles and examined this figure. From this little research, I can say this is the most accurate and truly phenomenal toy representation of aged T.rex from head to tail.

Fembrogon

I don't know if these are straight-up bootlegs or just old stock somehow acquried, but an AliExpress store is selling what appear to be Prehistoric Crocodile Toob minifigures on their shop, for those who might be interested:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803247528036.html

They also have the Wild Safari Leptoceratops - again, a close enough likeness that it honestly looks legit.

Flaffy

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 14, 2024, 12:46:13 AMI don't know if these are straight-up bootlegs or just old stock somehow acquried, but an AliExpress store is selling what appear to be Prehistoric Crocodile Toob minifigures on their shop, for those who might be interested:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803247528036.html

They also have the Wild Safari Leptoceratops - again, a close enough likeness that it honestly looks legit.

Old stock. I've bought a couple of Safari minis from the seller before (on their TaoBao store before they stopped shipping to HK) and have had no complaints.

EDIT: Just realised I'm making a big assumption that this is the same seller. But I do recognise those images from TaoBao so there's that. The original store name is in chinese (duh) on Taobao and not english.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.