News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Not actually art...

Started by Lanthanotus, October 27, 2019, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

... and not even genuinely by me, seen something similar on Pinterest or so some time ago and as we were in need for some wardrobe stuff in our house I upcycled some dinosaur figures I wanted to part with. My wife told me my son cried about the cut in half Carnegie Euoplocephalus cause " he has just one with movable legs" (the Tyco), but it seems to be forgotten and forgiven now and it was my figure anyway, not some of his :D

Syndicate Bias

I like that I think it's pretty creative it made me chuckle a lil  :))

CityRaptor

Like a hunter displaying his/her trophies...or a Shrike for that matter or maybe some sort of Slogism, but with Dinosaurs ( and Dimetrodon ). Although isn't the DOC Therizinosaurus one of the rarer figures?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 27, 2019, 11:49:14 PM
Like a hunter displaying his/her trophies...or a Shrike for that matter or maybe some sort of Slogism, but with Dinosaurs ( and Dimetrodon ). Although isn't the DOC Therizinosaurus one of the rarer figures?

It might be, but this one got a nicked off tail (before it was cut in half  :P) and I got a backup one  ;)

Libraraptor

Uaaargh, no matter which state the Therizinosaurus was in, one does not cut a figure like that in half!
Joking aside, this is great upcycling idea I enjoyed to see.

Shonisaurus

Good idea to cut the dinosaurs to put them as coat racks. It has been great, between throwing the figures or taking advantage of the discarded figures it is preferable to take advantage of them especially when they can have a beautiful and original utility. Sorry for the poor plastic dinosaurs. ;D

Halichoeres

Ha ha, that's a great use of old figures. Are they attached with glue or bolts?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mirroraptor

A great idea! How do you fix them on a wooden board and make them carry weight?

Lanthanotus

Thanks for all your comments :)

The figures were cut with a simple jig saw (blade for metal) and are tightend with one screw each (Spax) from behind, a drop of mounting adhesive was used for each to prevent sideways tilting of the head and tails.

The Atroxious

This is so weird and I love it. The inclusion of some of the tails and hindquarters makes me laugh. Almost makes me want to make household items with toy dinosaurs.

Hopefully your son isn't too traumatized by your cutting of the toy the way I was when a puppy chewed up a toy boat I was playing with when I was little.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.