News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Number of members

Started by DinoToyForum, March 14, 2012, 12:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

When I disabled registration on the V1 forum today we had 1,037 members.
It took almost five years to get there.

As of right now, we have 36 members here. I wonder how long it will take to get back up to that 1000 mark? ;)

Horridus

I'm glad to be here at the genesis of this forum, as I missed out on the early days of the last one. I hear they were a laugh riot...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Horridus on March 14, 2012, 07:11:02 PM
I'm glad to be here at the genesis of this forum, as I missed out on the early days of the last one. I hear they were a laugh riot...

They were...eventful.

50 or so members now, we're 5% of the way back to 1000.  ;D

Lio99

Quote from: Horridus on March 14, 2012, 07:11:02 PM
quite right.  :)

Takama

I went thourgh the members list on the original Forum, and noticed that a Ton of them had only a few posts, or  dont have an activated, acount.

do they still count on the total number?

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Seijun

My account was not activated on the old forum until I activated it recently. I had over 1000 posts already. Not sure how that happened or was possible.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoToyForum

100 members. That's already 10% of our old membership. 8)

stoneage

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 18, 2012, 12:26:55 AM
100 members. That's already 10% of our old membership. 8)

Yes, but we won't get back to over a 1,000 in a long time.  Many have abandoned ship.  :'(

Simon

Yup.  If you ever looked at the old list, you'd have seen that probably HALF of that membership had less than 10 posts, i.e. they signed on, posted a few times, and disappeared.  Thus the 1000 number was deceiving.  Active membership was probably under 200 in terms of the 'regulars' ...

Tylosaurus

we have 115 now, might be an idea to post on Twitter, Facebook and other forums you are bound to, to give the new page more publicity, so that way you can attract more members to this place?
Just an idea :) Anyhoo, I'd always be willing to do this if it helps this place fish for more members :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 19, 2012, 03:17:53 PM
we have 115 now, might be an idea to post on Twitter, Facebook and other forums you are bound to, to give the new page more publicity, so that way you can attract more members to this place?
Just an idea :) Anyhoo, I'd always be willing to do this if it helps this place fish for more members :)

Thanks for your enthusiasm Tylo :) I think we are doing pretty well considering everything - I should think we are relatively easy to find. And in any case there are benefits to a cozy community.

That said, feel free to tell other communities about us. I've already mentioned our move on the JPToys forum.

I doubt many people would be interested, but I could create some small banners for people to post on their own sites, or to include in their signatures on other forums.  'I visited the dinotoyforum and all I got was this lousy banner' or some such :P ;D Any takers? Or suggestions?

We already have a Facebook page run by myself and, in recent days, Horridus. Also, I regularly tweet on behalf of the DTBlog and forum on my personal twitter account. But retweets are always welcome!

DinoToyForum

Tylosaurus

Hay that's nice Doc! but at the old place we had a lot more right? I still can't get to ted Neos btw :-\ Could it be he has a different email perhaps?

DinoToyForum

200 members  ;D
20% of our membership at V1. Not bad.  :)

stoneage

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 05, 2012, 11:03:58 AM
200 members  ;D
20% of our membership at V1. Not bad.  :)

:))  And to think, by making the change, we only lost 800 people!   :))

Metallisuchus

Personally, I'd rather 200 active members than 1000 members where 600 have only posted twice.

DinoToyForum

The 1000 figure is a rather meaningless benchmark, that's all - I don't read that much into it. Forum activity, which is a more indicative metric of a forum's success, hasn't changed noticably since the move.

However, 'lurkers' are welcome and should not be overlooked: members may join for a variety of reasons other than to post: to vote in polls, access the members  board, to pm regarding classifieds, to enter the diorama contests.  C:-)

DinoToyForum

300. There seems to have been a sudden influx of new members, perhaps flocking to vote in the diorama contest?

I remember hitting the 300 landmark back on V1.

CityRaptor

300 Dinosaur Collectors vs. an Army of something...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.