News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Number of members

Started by DinoToyForum, March 14, 2012, 12:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 05, 2014, 10:15:31 AM
800 :)

I guess we'll break V1 forum's record this year :).

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DinoToyForum

We have surpassed 900 members now :) So yeah, close to our previous max on v1. C:-)

stoneage

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 06, 2014, 12:21:35 AM
We have surpassed 900 members now :) So yeah, close to our previous max on v1. C:-)

I was wondering.  Are the number of post per day less then they used to be?  It seems that way to me.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stoneage on July 06, 2014, 02:19:25 AM

I was wondering.  Are the number of post per day less then they used to be?  It seems that way to me.

I thought I had responded to this - obviously I had not! The forum stats are available here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=stats Drag to the bottom to see the number of posts per month. We had more posts in the month of August 2014 than any previous month (on version 2).

Also, hoorah - 1000 members! There's something satisfying about round numbers  :))

Yutyrannus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 08, 2014, 07:18:45 PM
Quote from: stoneage on July 06, 2014, 02:19:25 AM

I thought I had responded to this - obviously I had not! The forum stats are available here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=stats Drag to the bottom to see the number of posts per month. We had more posts in the month of August 2014 than any previous month (on version 2).

Also, hoorah - 1000 members! There's something satisfying about round numbers
  :))
You sound a bit like Adrian  Monk here (not sure if anyone on here has seen that show) :)). Anyway, it is pretty cool that we already have this many members, I mean this version of the forum has been up for what, three years?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

sauroid

congrats on having 1000 members. i hope you can also weed out the double/triple/etc accounts. :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Exceeded 1100! Far more than our maximum number of members on version 1   :)

Arul

Glory glory DTF  :))

LophoLeeVT

wow 1000! that is amazing!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Big landmark passed: one and a half thousand members.  8)

Flaffy

docronnie

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 23, 2016, 08:20:06 AM

Congrats!  :)

Do we also have the numbers of those who left and removed?
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: docronnie on May 06, 2016, 03:15:50 AM

320 'members' have been banned/deleted in total. The vast majority were spammer or bots, a handful broke the rules, and I think we only had one or two who left of their own accord. :)

Arul

Flaffy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 07, 2016, 12:11:19 AM

320 'members' have been banned/deleted in total. The vast majority were spammer or bots, a handful broke the rules, and I think we only had one or two who left of their own accord. :)
How did the bots get past the registration questions? ???

DinoToyForum

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 07, 2016, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 07, 2016, 12:11:19 AM

How did the bots get past the registration questions? ???

They tend not to any more, now the questions are more taxing. Previously, brute-force attack could've worked. Or, a real person could've worked it out and passed it on to the bots. It only needs one breach and then it becomes common bot knowledge. The spammers have their ways.

docronnie

Thanks for the reply, Adam! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.