News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mitko's art and sculptures

Started by Mitko, September 07, 2015, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitko

Hi!
I enjoy drawing and making or at least attempting to make things. Though I may not be very active on this topic since I don't usually finish anything that I've drawn or made but I will try.
I came up with the idea more than a week ago but didn't have the materials at my disposal. Started it yesterday and while making it I came up with another idea but I'm sure if I'm going to realise it. Finished it today. The materials used are clay for the base, pine cone scales are glued on the base, a hole is made with a toothpick or a matchstick on the top and you put whatever you like in there. :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Mitko

Thank you! It's my first one and I have to admit that I'm pleased with the result.

Pachyrhinosaurus

This looks like a nice new technique. Did you use real leaves?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Mitko

Yes, I did. I cut them off the plant about a week ago, some turned brown but most of them remained green. So I'm hoping that they will stay green. I'm not sure if applying hair spray to them will preserve them.

Newt

Nice cycad/eoid!

Chlorophyll isn't very stable; live plants are always having to repair and replace it. Even herbarium specimens, protected from light, heat, and moisture, fade pretty badly. You could paint the leaves, or try sticking a fresh frond's cut end into a dye or food coloring solution to stain it (this works with cut flowers; I don't know how well it will work with leaves).

Mitko

Thanks! It's just a generic cycad.
Well, so far they haven't visibly changed their colour, I sprayed them with hair spray today. When most of them become brown I will try to paint them. Eventually, I might leave them brown as a dried cycad but that will contradict to my initial idea about it being with green leaves.

Mitko

Being lazy these days I haven't finished Gorgon's base yet and embarrassing as it may seem I will show you where I have got to with it's making. Should I apply hair spray and pour soil particles over it to finish it off or add something more to the design?
Excuse me for my messed up workplace.

jooooo

Some green, maybe some ferns or moss.

Jetoar

Wonderful base, the final result will be awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Mitko

This is my... um... chunk of meat that I made some time ago. It doesn't have any wires or anything as a base, it is made out of clay only. It's painted with correction fluid and nail polish :D. I am unsure if it is anywhere near accurate or what kind of dinosaur it comes from but I just decided to make it:

Hope you like it :)

Derek.McManus

Mitko

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.