News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favorite: New For 2017

Started by Patrx, October 12, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

It seems we've got at least one new soft model and one new vinyl model on the way from Favorite this year - an updated Spinosaurus design in the unmistakable Araki style.

Dilopho

It looks lovely! But is the neck...too short?  ???

Flaffy

Meh, something about it feels a little weird.
Probably the because of the shrinkwrapping?
I don't know :P

Jose S.M.

I like it, the soft model looks a bit less shrink wrapped than the vinyl to me, at least in the face.

sauroid

yeah the soft model looks like just a tweaked Favorite Spinosaurus V2
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

MLMjp posted this image in another thread a while back. I would love if this figure came with that fish (bichir?).

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

I like the colors on that one a lot, and superficially it looks like a bichir.

Gwangi

The fish looks more like an arapaima to me.

Halichoeres

Yeah, I was thinking that too. It looks very much like an osteoglossomorph. The head is very bichir-like, but the dorsal fin isn't subdivided.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

I just looked on paleodb and there are indeterminate osteoglossiform remains known from the earliest Cretaceous of Morocco and the Cenomanian of Sudan. So yeah, I think you're right, Gwangi.

Jose S.M.

The body does look more like an Arapaima.

sauroid

looks like an ancestral Heterotis niloticus indeed
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

The soft model looks alright, but I don't like the stylized proportions of the vinyl.

MLMjp

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 12, 2016, 05:38:57 PM
MLMjp posted this image in another thread a while back. I would love if this figure came with that fish (bichir?).

That´s me :)) jajaja

Nice to see another updated Spinosaurus coming out.  I´m fine with the Collecta one and I don´t think that I will try to get this for several reasons (soft models are too small, not easy to get them online) but for the people that do not like the Collecta offerings now they have another option. Although the skin wrap is off putting. When is Kazunari Araki going to realize that dinosaurs are more muscular than how he depicts them?

Roselaar

I like it. Cool paint job.

Swimming Spinosaurs are all the rage today.

stargatedalek

I doubt I'll be getting either, but if I got one it would be the vinyl one because it offers something new (it's size). If I wanted a shrink-wrapped quadrupedal and/or swimming Spinosaurus I'd get the CollectA ones.

Daspletodave

Any new offering from Favorite is always welcome news.

stoneage

:)  Does anyone know how big these figures, soft and vinyl will be?

Takama

Quote from: stoneage on October 19, 2016, 12:24:50 AM
:)  Does anyone know how big these figures, soft and vinyl will be?

Soft model will be around the 1:50 Scale mark. Though thats going by what the past versions have been made in.

empire3569

Any news on when this one will be available?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.